Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 350389 times)

lilfox

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
Years ago my roommate's cat got a plastic bag over her head, freaked out, and took off around the room.  She was moving too fast and too erratically to help (also, we were laughing too hard), but she eventually ran smack into a wall which slowed her down enough to free her.

One of my cats just had one of those white neck cone things on for the first time, to prevent her getting to an injury on her hindquarters.  She spent the first ten minutes trying to back out of it, wandering all over the living room in reverse and bouncing off furniture.  I alternated between laughing and "aww poor thing", while DH naturally grabbed the camera and shot some video.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »
Years ago my roommate's cat got a plastic bag over her head, freaked out, and took off around the room.  She was moving too fast and too erratically to help (also, we were laughing too hard), but she eventually ran smack into a wall which slowed her down enough to free her.

One of my cats just had one of those white neck cone things on for the first time, to prevent her getting to an injury on her hindquarters.  She spent the first ten minutes trying to back out of it, wandering all over the living room in reverse and bouncing off furniture.  I alternated between laughing and "aww poor thing", while DH naturally grabbed the camera and shot some video.

My old roommate had a cat who did the same thing. He got his head caught in a bag handle, and he ran around with the bag trailing behind him like a plastic parachute. Every now and again, it would catch the air, and expand behind him with a sharp POW! Scared him so badly he finally wet himself.

I laughed until I cried at that story, even though I felt badly for poor Merlin.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Shea

« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:19 AM »
Moose got his head stuck in the handle of a paper grocery bag. I was laughing too hard to help him out of it as he ran around the living room.

I'm a mean bunny mommy.

Travis did the same thing when Prometheus got his head stuck in the handle of a plastic bag.  Cat just about tore the house down trying to get the thing off while he sat there and laughed.

I about cried from laughter when I got home and he told me about it.  And Prometheus now treats all plastic bags as though they are his mortal enemies.  ;D

Exactly the same thing happened to Big Cranky Cat when she was a kitten. She went rampaging around the house trying to get away from the bag, and ran headfirst at top speed into a a door. I think she sustained some brain damage; she had some severely weird behaviors.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »
A similar story: years ago I had to give both my cats Advantage flea killer because they both had fleas. For those who don't know, you put a big drop of it smack on the top of their heads, and it repels fleas. It also has a strong, unpleasant odor that they don't like at all. So they're both running around, trying to get away from this odor, not understanding that it's on the top of their heads, so they can't get away from it.
I was LOL so hard at their misery, what a mean cat mommy I was, heh.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
Two that come to mind - my parents had this dog, Tootsie, that would eat anything. She was very bright, for the most part, except when there was food involved. She was also a weird mixed breed - looked like a cross between a bulldog and a yellow lab, and was very stocky and only about 10" at the shoulder and had a small head.

Mom set a trash bag on the back porch one afternoon, meaning for one of us to take it to the big can (it was apparently pretty stinky, and she needed to get it out of the house). Tootsie found it first, and managed to get her head stuck inside one of those industrial-sized boxes of Goldfish crackers (the ones that look like large milk cartons). She was running around the back yard, bumping into things, and getting the corner of the carton stuck in the dirt if she didn't hold her head up high enough.

Dad finally chased her down and took it off (we were dying laughing and couldn't stop long enough to get her) and as soon as she got the thing off, she started these running sideways slides (looked like she was sliding into home base, on her face). Mom and I were convinced she had picked up the idea from the box (they had been taken to a baseball game the day before).

Second one - I had a group of friends I hung out with in high school. Some of us had cars, others didn't (I did not). One of my friends, LuLu, was a drag queen (he still performs professionally, and makes good money at it). He was my first gay friend, and helped me come out to my parents (the fact that I'm a lesbian is important to the story). Another, Mike, was a cancer patient, who had lost his right leg (above the knee) at an early age due to his treatments. One evening, we decided to go hang out together. LuLu came and picked us up - and off we went to one of the few things open that late in the area (it was almost midnight) - the 24 hour bowling place. When we got out of the car, I said that we were a joke looking for a punchline. The guys asked me what I meant. I said "A lesbian, a drag queen and a one legged man walk into a bowling alley..." We ended up getting back in the car and leaving, we were afraid we'd get thrown out for laughing so loudly.

R_Suerte

• The more we think we know about, greater the unknown.
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
Second one - I had a group of friends I hung out with in high school. Some of us had cars, others didn't (I did not). One of my friends, LuLu, was a drag queen (he still performs professionally, and makes good money at it). He was my first gay friend, and helped me come out to my parents (the fact that I'm a lesbian is important to the story). Another, Mike, was a cancer patient, who had lost his right leg (above the knee) at an early age due to his treatments. One evening, we decided to go hang out together. LuLu came and picked us up - and off we went to one of the few things open that late in the area (it was almost midnight) - the 24 hour bowling place. When we got out of the car, I said that we were a joke looking for a punchline. The guys asked me what I meant. I said "A lesbian, a drag queen and a one legged man walk into a bowling alley..." We ended up getting back in the car and leaving, we were afraid we'd get thrown out for laughing so loudly.

One time I was leaving a drugstore and in walked a priest, a transvestite, and a one-armed man...

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »
A nun, a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender says "Is this some kind of joke?"
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
One of our cats - the one we call "bulimic" because of her eating habits (also "not funny," I suppose!) - likes to beg at the table, no matter what's being eaten. One time we were eating chips and salsa and my dad was tired of her begging, so he put some salsa on his finger and let her lick it off. Well, it was not mild salsa...and she was not pleased. Poor thing licked her lips and nose for 10 minutes. It was mean of me to laugh, but I did anyway! >:D

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
We had a dog that would snatch food as soon as it hit the floor. He was super fast.

One day, dad dropped a jalapeno.

Doggie was not pleased.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
I may have told this story.  It may even be on this thread --- if so, please excuse a fibrofogged grandma!

SIL #2 was trying to break their little dog of stealing food off the table.   He got some raw hamburger and mixed in some of the hottest hot sauce that he had.   And then he left it on the kitchen table and went into the living room to play on the computer.

Not a sound from the kitchen.  No yelps of pain and frantic water drinking, nothing.  After a time, Little Dog came into the living room and jumped up on SIL's lap.  He licked SIL's hands, got petted, and then put down on the floor, where he settled down to take a nap.

And SIL, without thinking about it, rubbed his eyes.  Yes, Little Dog had eaten the hotsauce hamburger.  Poor SIL -- maced by his own dog!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:20 AM »

When my brother was younger, my dad asked him if he wanted a lolly.
Brother said yes and took it and ate it. It was a whole hot chilli.   :o
The poor little boy nearly keeled over, red eyes, red mouth and all.
Took him a long time to get over it. It was funny at the time but now it's just mean.
Actually thinking about it is making me angry for some reason.   >:(  :-\
Stewart/Colbert '16

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
My mother went over to a friend's house who was raising hot peppers and mini-tomatoes in her garden when we were young.  Younger Brother (#3 of 4 kids) was with her.  He was given a tomato to eat (cherry or grape sized) and apparently liked it - because, although he wasn't as tall as the kitchen counter, he came back and reached up to get another one.

The third time, he got the wrong bowl and got a hot pepper instead............

Mom and the friend were waiting for the howls to begin..........

Brother is a Texan born & bred - his hand went back up for a second hot pepper!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

When my brother was younger, my dad asked him if he wanted a lolly.
Brother said yes and took it and ate it. It was a whole hot chilli.   :o
The poor little boy nearly keeled over, red eyes, red mouth and all.
Took him a long time to get over it. It was funny at the time but now it's just mean.
Actually thinking about it is making me angry for some reason.   >:(  :-\

My dad did that to me when I was 6.  Once I stopped crying, I did it to my little brother (he was almost 5)...  I ended up grounded for a week, but dad didn't get in trouble at all.  I still think about the injustice of that & view it as a very bad parenting decision. 

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »
My Mom has a large orange tom cat by the name of Han Solo. He lives in her garage, since he hates all other cats, and seems to quite like it in there.

We had freezing rain yesterday, and there was about an inch of ice covering everything. Mom went into the garage and got the back of rock salt out and was salting the porch steps. Han Solo heard what sounded to him like someone shaking a bag of cat food, got excited, and went running out of the garage as fast as he could..straight onto the layer of extremely slick ice.

Mom said that Han Solo's legs went out from under him and he landed on his side, spun, and slid a good 4 feet on his side down the driveway, where he proceeded to fall right off the edge of it into one of her flower beds. She said he lay there for a few seconds, looking dazed, then got up, shook himself, and walked very carefully back into the garage.

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2010, 03:37:31 AM »
I may have told this story.  It may even be on this thread --- if so, please excuse a fibrofogged grandma!

And SIL, without thinking about it, rubbed his eyes.  Yes, Little Dog had eaten the hotsauce hamburger.  Poor SIL -- maced by his own dog!

You know, that sounds suspiciously like revenge to me. Small dogs can be much smarter than people think.

Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.