News:

• February 19, 2018, 10:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 801484 times)

bluhairfreak

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #675 on: July 11, 2011, 03:11:47 AM »
Just remembered a story about my cat Carrie.  It was time for her annual teeth cleaning, and she had been knocked out for it.  I got her home and she had mostly shaken off the anesthesia but was still little wobbly and groggy.  She also had a bandage on one law from the iv they used.  Carrie HATES when she has a bandage on.   As soon as she got out of the carrier she started trying to get the bandage off.   So she started shaking her paw, but as I said she was still a little wobbly and didn't have full control of limbs and her little paw shake became full on flailing and flop.  FLAIL and flop. FLAIL and flop.    I felt bad because she she was so obviously unhappy but wouldn't let me near her to take the bandage off while she continues her frantic flailing and I just couldn't stop laughing.   She eventually got the bandage off and forgave me.

TheDisappeared

« Reply #676 on: July 11, 2011, 03:24:46 AM »
Our 2 year old DD has recently decided that she doesn't need to sleep.  Ever.  I'm lucky if she gets 5 hours of sleep a night.  We went to Wal-Mart and I told my husband that I really wished they sold over the counter toddler tranquilizers.  He pointed to Lawn & Garden and told me "The hammers are over there".

DD can't make the "L" sound.  In most words she just leaves it out.  The other day she was telling me about daddy's clock.

I'm using sleep deprivation as my excuse.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #677 on: July 11, 2011, 03:29:14 AM »
My dad and I checked out the cats at the Humane Society's store/adoption center in one of the malls here. I would like a second cat but so far have not seen one that says "mine!"

We were admiring a little spiky-haired black kitten who couldn't have been much over three months; it was so tiny and not the firmest at hopping up and down the levels in its cage.  It wanted to get down to the main level and uncertainly hopped down....and its right rear foot ended up in the water dish. It was so shocked and horrified at its wet foot!!!!!! that we felt really bad for laughing at it. But we did.
Nothing to see here.

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #678 on: July 11, 2011, 04:04:31 AM »
Just remembered a story about my cat Carrie.  It was time for her annual teeth cleaning, and she had been knocked out for it.  I got her home and she had mostly shaken off the anesthesia but was still little wobbly and groggy.  She also had a bandage on one law from the iv they used.  Carrie HATES when she has a bandage on.   As soon as she got out of the carrier she started trying to get the bandage off.   So she started shaking her paw, but as I said she was still a little wobbly and didn't have full control of limbs and her little paw shake became full on flailing and flop.  FLAIL and flop. FLAIL and flop.    I felt bad because she she was so obviously unhappy but wouldn't let me near her to take the bandage off while she continues her frantic flailing and I just couldn't stop laughing.   She eventually got the bandage off and forgave me.
How long did it take her to forgive you? Or was it just that she forgot after the anesthetic wore off? :)
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards and crafts -
https://www.facebook.com/cardsandcraftsbycarol?ref=hl

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #679 on: July 11, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
My dad and I checked out the cats at the Humane Society's store/adoption center in one of the malls here. I would like a second cat but so far have not seen one that says "mine!"

We were admiring a little spiky-haired black kitten who couldn't have been much over three months; it was so tiny and not the firmest at hopping up and down the levels in its cage.  It wanted to get down to the main level and uncertainly hopped down....and its right rear foot ended up in the water dish. It was so shocked and horrified at its wet foot!!!!!! that we felt really bad for laughing at it. But we did.

Are you anywhere near north Texas? (hint hint)
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

esteban

« Reply #680 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
My fat lazy cat named Stormy has a habit of not wanting to be touched.  so what she will do is try to stay in front of you, but only by a couple steps.  So she will move a few steps in front of you, and then look back, and get really surprised if you keep moving in the same direction.  so it's take 2 steps stop so stormy can move a few feet and look horrified that you are following her, then repeat, all the way across the room.  It really is amusing how angry and confused she starts to look  when you are following her.
The artist formerly known as deadbody

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
Our big Siamese, Luna, has spent nearly the whole three months of kitten-fostering on top of the bookcase, radiating hatred. We lock the kittens in the bedroom occasionally so she can take a pee break.

We've discovered that Luna has an amazing talent for projectile hairballing from that height.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

CuriousGeorge

« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
The last 2 posts about Stormy and Luna have me laughing so hard I can barely see my computer screen.

bluhairfreak

« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
How long did it take her to forgive you? Or was it just that she forgot after the anesthetic wore off? :)

I think it was a combination of the aethesia wearing off, plus bribes of kitty milk and goshyfood.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #684 on: July 12, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
Are you anywhere near north Texas? (hint hint)

No; Tucson.

Nothing to see here.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #685 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
All the animal stories reminded me.

When I was a kid, my aunt and uncle had a big ol' mutt named D.O.G. We called him Deoge and he was a sweetie. One summer, he came limping back to the house, whimpering a lot. When my uncle took him to the vet, they found out hDeoge had a badly broken leg that needed to be amputated. So, they took him in for the surgery. When he got out, he was in recovery for a while, learning how to get around with one front leg and two back ones.

So, to help him get exercise, my aunt took Deoge for a walk. While on the walk, Nature called. Deoge lifted his back leg to pee....and tipped over.

Poor Deoge. We started calling him Tripod after that.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Luci

« Reply #686 on: July 12, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
^ OK. That one got me.  ;D  :D ;D :D ;D

I think the name of the big old mutt helped, too.

P-p-p-penguin

« Reply #687 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
Seraphia, I'm "awww"-ing and laughing at the same time at that one!

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
« Reply #688 on: July 12, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »
There's a local Yahoo headline...  "Man Gets Life For Killing Man With Toilet Lid" - horrible way to go, but I keep thinking about Dead Like Me and how George was forever known in the reaper world as "Toilet Seat Girl" and it tickles me.  It so not funny.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Mental Magpie

« Reply #689 on: July 12, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »
I am reading my text book for Criminal Profiling.  In a chapter discussing serial murder and serial rape, I am nearing the end of the serial rape section.  Don't worry, nothing icky follows; it was just the choice of the bolded word that made me burst out a hearty guffaw.

I quote (bolding is mine in case anyone misses it) : "Approaching cases from this perspective should provide for a more penetrating understanding of an offender in a given case."

Really?  In a section about rape, that's the word you choose to use?