News:

• February 18, 2018, 10:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 800738 times)

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
  • I have an extradition treaty with all spiders
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #690 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »
I am reading my text book for Criminal Profiling.  In a chapter discussing serial murder and serial rape, I am nearing the end of the serial rape section.  Don't worry, nothing icky follows; it was just the choice of the bolded word that made me burst out a hearty guffaw.

I quote (bolding is mine in case anyone misses it) : "Approaching cases from this perspective should provide for a more penetrating understanding of an offender in a given case."

Really?  In a section about rape, that's the word you choose to use?

Once you've mounted an investigation, anything goes
The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

Mental Magpie

« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2011, 11:35:43 PM »
I am reading my text book for Criminal Profiling.  In a chapter discussing serial murder and serial rape, I am nearing the end of the serial rape section.  Don't worry, nothing icky follows; it was just the choice of the bolded word that made me burst out a hearty guffaw.

I quote (bolding is mine in case anyone misses it) : "Approaching cases from this perspective should provide for a more penetrating understanding of an offender in a given case."

Really?  In a section about rape, that's the word you choose to use?

Once you've mounted an investigation, anything goes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Are you going to buy me another Coke? (Which, incidentally, I actually am drinking at the mo')

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #692 on: July 13, 2011, 06:00:38 AM »
DF finds my lack of balance hysterically funny. I sat on the sofa last night, with my feet up. Bear in mind, I am getting somewhat larger by the day, and it is easy to forget I have a bump in front of me. Anyway, I had to get up to go to the toilet and totally misjudged where I was and ended up sitting back down on the sofa. :( DF said he was laughing at the expression on my face, which I imagine must have been a cross between annoyance and surprise.

If it had been the other way round, I'd have laughed, too.  >:D

Although I cannot see DF ever getting pregnant.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

stkatie00

« Reply #693 on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »
DF finds my lack of balance hysterically funny. I sat on the sofa last night, with my feet up. Bear in mind, I am getting somewhat larger by the day, and it is easy to forget I have a bump in front of me. Anyway, I had to get up to go to the toilet and totally misjudged where I was and ended up sitting back down on the sofa. :( DF said he was laughing at the expression on my face, which I imagine must have been a cross between annoyance and surprise.

You know, I've done exactly that before I got pregnant. I'm not showing yet (I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow), but I'm pregnant with twins, so I imagine I'll be an endless source of amusement to my DH once I'm showing and off balance!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #694 on: July 13, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »
Before sitting down, ensure you have been to the toilet and have drinks/snacks in reach. It becomes too much effort to move after a while lol!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Gyburc

« Reply #695 on: July 13, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
There's a local Yahoo headline...  "Man Gets Life For Killing Man With Toilet Lid" - horrible way to go, but I keep thinking about Dead Like Me and how George was forever known in the reaper world as "Toilet Seat Girl" and it tickles me.  It so not funny.

;D

I love Dead Like Me - only seen series 1 so far, but I think it's wonderful.

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Peggy Gus

« Reply #696 on: July 13, 2011, 10:25:07 AM »

Gee, didn't know you were pregnant-Congrats

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #697 on: July 13, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »
Last night, The Sweetie called out from the kitchen, "If the recycling bin is empty, and you put a kitten in it, will hilarity ensue?"
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

CuriousGeorge

« Reply #698 on: July 13, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
Last night, The Sweetie called out from the kitchen, "If the recycling bin is empty, and you put a kitten in it, will hilarity ensue?"

If a kitten is involved, hilarity will always ensue.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
« Reply #699 on: July 13, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »

My reply was "I'm not sure!  Wait until I get there so I can document!"

The answer was, indeed, yes. Our "bin" is just a tallish cardboard box. Prairie first sat down and gave herself a nice bath, then jumped out, hitting a flap so the box fell over behind her. She did one of those straight-up-with-180-spin jumps, landing fully fluffed and arched.

---------------------------------------
ETA that it was a little like Maru, only without the grace.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:08:04 AM by Ms_Cellany »
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2011, 01:55:09 PM »

The answer was, indeed, yes. Our "bin" is just a tallish cardboard box. Prairie first sat down and gave herself a nice bath, then jumped out, hitting a flap so the box fell over behind her. She did one of those straight-up-with-180-spin jumps, landing fully fluffed and arched.

...And would there be a YouTube video to commemorate this event?  ;D
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »

I don't know.  Sometimes hilarity, sometimes pain.  Occasionally both.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »

...And would there be a YouTube video to commemorate this event?  ;D

Alas, not.

Hushabye

« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »

I don't know.  Sometimes hilarity, sometimes pain.  Occasionally both.

As long as it's someone else's pain, that just makes it funnier.   >:D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
To add to that, putting a Jasper in a laundry basket (bonus if you put the laundry basket over him) ensures hilarity as well, and so is putting a blanket over him and watching him tunnel his way out.  (we are so mean...haha)

We used to have a cat that we would put the laundry basket over.  She'd sit there for about ten seconds, plotting, then... ZOOM.  She'd run at full tilt with the laundry basket still over her, as if she were Cecil Turtle from the Looney Tunes "Tortoise and Hare" race trilogy.  It never ceased to crack me up.