Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 387945 times)

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »
At graduation (college), the chancellor was talking about students with major milestones. A married couple was graduating and between the two of them, they have a total of 10 kids. The chancellor then wrapped up with a comment about how they had been busy! There was a brief pause while people asked if they had heard her correctly and then muffled giggles from all over the place.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »
At my grandfather's funeral a few years ago, my grandmother had asked a longtime friend & coworker of hers to deliver the "official" eulogy.  It was very much fire-and-brimstone, which wasn't at all grandpa's style, and I remember sitting in the front pew of the memorial service, squeezing my brother's hand for dear life, laughing (quietly) so hard that my shoulders were shaking and my eyes watering.  At least I was able to pass it off as crying at the time.  Grandpa would have laughed, too!
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."

ladiedeathe

• Pushing the bounds of ministry, one gasp at a time.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
My late sis had a hysterical and utterly black sense of humor- she could make anything funny. Sis was always at her worst while she was trying not to break down at funerals; she kept herself from falling apart with the worst comments to me and our brothers. We were usually choking from trying not to laugh at every funeral.

Sis was 31 when she died, on a snowy/icy day in Feb. She was a larger size girl and died at home. We were all at the house and near collapse when the funeral home came to get her. Because we are family, the funeral home owner sent his 2 oldest and most senior (emphasis on senior) staff to pick her up (men who knew Sis from birth and were crying with us as they got her).

These poor poor old men load her up, take her out the door, and hit the icy, snowy slope down to the hearse. One of them falls.

They lose control of the gurney and body- which tear off down the hill, alone.

Sis (in bag) hits the ground and sleds down the hill in a dead heat with the gurney. Both slam into the side of the hearse.

FH guys are horror stricken; the one who fell has tears rolling down his face as he apologizes.

We lose it- my Aunt, brother, and I laugh until we ache, trying all the while to reassure the poor man that it is only Sis's sick sense of humor still in effect tring to keep us from collapsing under our grief.

We help put her back on the gurney with tears of laughter rather than pain on our faces.
"Here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Have chalice, will travel."

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Darn near everything, which is why I keep getting into trouble.  ;D

Seriously. I should be imprisoned in the Behavioral Sciences division of the FBI for eternal observation due to my horribly sick and twisted sense of humor. I mean, seriously. There is no subject too sacred, no joke too dark, no humor too sick. I get the giggles at funerals....and that's the mildest.

Scootch over - I'll be joining you. 

I hope there's room for me in that prison.

Me too.  Once I was playing a board game with a group of my friends and one of the questions was "What is one thing that should never be joked about?"  I could not think of one thing.

I love it when people say "I have a dark sense of humor, but *blank* is just crossing the line!"  Not dark enough for me.   ;) 

We're going to be fast friends..... >:D
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
My late sis had a hysterical and utterly black sense of humor- she could make anything funny. Sis was always at her worst while she was trying not to break down at funerals; she kept herself from falling apart with the worst comments to me and our brothers. We were usually choking from trying not to laugh at every funeral.

Sis was 31 when she died, on a snowy/icy day in Feb. She was a larger size girl and died at home. We were all at the house and near collapse when the funeral home came to get her. Because we are family, the funeral home owner sent his 2 oldest and most senior (emphasis on senior) staff to pick her up (men who knew Sis from birth and were crying with us as they got her).

These poor poor old men load her up, take her out the door, and hit the icy, snowy slope down to the hearse. One of them falls.

Sis (in bag) hits the ground and sleds down the hill in a dead heat with the gurney. Both slam into the side of the hearse.

FH guys are horror stricken; the one who fell has tears rolling down his face as he apologizes.

We lose it- my Aunt, brother, and I laugh until we ache, trying all the while to reassure the poor man that it is only Sis's sick sense of humor still in effect tring to keep us from collapsing under our grief.

We help put her back on the gurney with tears of laughter rather than pain on our faces.

I cannot tell you how hard I laughed at this. This is epic, I love it!
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »

I nearly wet myself... That is truely epic.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »

My boss has a client in her office behind me.  I'm at my desk choking trying not to scream with laughter, because I can picture it!

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:20 PM »
On a similar note, I lost my BFF when we were 22. He was quite flamboyant fellow, if you get me, though his parents were never told.

So flamboyant, that he couldn't even go into the grave straight. The coffin got stuck at an odd angle, so one of the grave workers jumped down onto the coffin to fix it.

Being the wit I am, I turned to Simkin and whispered "(Friend's name) always did want someone to go down on him."

Ooooh, the death glare I got from our at-the-time-roommate. But it was something he'd have found funny.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

workingmum

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »
ladiedeathe - i am so sorry about your sister... but that was the funniest thing i have read in a long time!
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Ygraine

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:56 AM »

I nearly wet myself... That is truely epic.

That is so what my family would do.... I think we were separated at birth...

ETA:  When I could quit laughing, I reread it, and could hear "The William Tell Overture" start to play about the time Sis hit the ground.  I am so going to E-hell....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:26:41 AM by Ygraine »

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »

@ladiedeathe.

I don't know what to make of this. First I thought I would be sick because of the shock, then I had a small chuckle and then I got sad and laughter tears in my eyes at the same time.
I can picture it too. Sorry about your sister.
Stewart/Colbert '16

ladiedeathe

• Pushing the bounds of ministry, one gasp at a time.
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
When it happened my Aunt actually screamed my name because I had stepped out the door with the gurney and then turned around to go back in. I spun back around as he hit the ground and the gurney started to fall. For a split second I actually stepped forward, like I was going to catch a gurney and 270 lb body on ice, but then I just froze. I think if it had stopped there we would have been mortified/horrified- after the sled race to the hearse... it was so Sis all we could do was laugh hysterically (she was also actually late to her own funeral- a long fortold happening)
"Here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Have chalice, will travel."

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »
When it happened my Aunt actually screamed my name because I had stepped out the door with the gurney and then turned around to go back in. I spun back around as he hit the ground and the gurney started to fall. For a split second I actually stepped forward, like I was going to catch a gurney and 270 lb body on ice, but then I just froze. I think if it had stopped there we would have been mortified/horrified- after the sled race to the hearse... it was so Sis all we could do was laugh hysterically (she was also actually late to her own funeral- a long fortold happening)

I told Dad this story.  He is convinced you are one of our long lost relatives.  ;D

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
I have one group of girlfriends I have known FOREVER! For-ev-ah!

Teasing, zinging and good natured insults are our way of saying we love each other.  You know you've been accepted into the circle when you start giving you a hard time.

That said.  One of my best zingers ever was when I was visiting S and F (two of my friends from the above mentioned circle).

F was trying to decide what tattoo she wanted and where (note: F is a busty gal and has nursed 3 kids).  I piped up and said "Oh, F! You should get the titanic tattooed across your chest so we can watch it sink!"

S started laughing so hard she fell off the couch and curled into a ball.  F punched me, then cracked up.  Insults were traded and that moment has passed into legendary status.
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
... it was so Sis all we could do was laugh hysterically (she was also actually late to her own funeral- a long fortold happening)

I have a feeling that your sister was belly laughing with you from heaven. 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.