Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 317071 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »
I was at a work conference, sitting at a table with co-workers from my home office.

One of the higher ups was giving a presentation and trying to insert some levity into the proceedings by teasing a coworker of hers.

Coworker has a bit of an unusual first name.  The presenter said she was just kidding around and 'I love Oral.'

Our entire table had our minds in the gutter and had to avoid looking at each other to keep from laughing.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Reika

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
If I had a stronger stomach, I'd want to be Vorbau when I finally grow up. ;)

Nora

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
If I had a stronger stomach, I'd want to be Vorbau when I finally grow up. ;)

Goodness, me too. I'll just have to stick with becoming a psychologist though, as several of her stories have seriously made me reconsider dinner.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
As soon as I heard that Blanche (Rue McClanahan) passed this morning, I immediately thought "Oh boy. You just KNOW that Betty White is gonna have some smart allic joke about this."

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »
When my Nana died my immediate family and I were sitting alone in the chapel before the funeral, facing the casket. Dad and I were whispering the "not dead yet" scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" to each other. We finally got some control over ourselves as my granduncle came in.

He sat down beside me and said in his wonderful Carolina accent "Honey, it's a crime, it's just a crime what these funeral directors do."

"What do you mean?"

He motioned toward the casket and said "To charge people so much for those things and then trick them so cruelly."

"Wha....?"

"Honey, those caskets have false bottoms. They dump the deceased out the bottom and resell them." He dropped me a stinky wink and held my hand through the funeral. I thought I was going to pee in my pants laughing.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »
I was just reading an obit in the paper for some guy. I couldn't help but have a black humor laugh at the first couple of sentences. It started out by saying that the deceased had crashed into a telephone pole. The next sentence said that the planet needed more of this kind of human being. Obviously, the writer didnít read it back to see how it sounded. Either that or the writer hates telephone poles.

rhirhi

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »
As soon as I heard that Blanche (Rue McClanahan) passed this morning, I immediately thought "Oh boy. You just KNOW that Betty White is gonna have some smart allic joke about this."

You want to know the Scary part? Estelle passed in 08, Bea in 09, Rue in 2010...y'think Betty should be at the hospital at all times starting Jan 1?

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »

You want to know the Scary part? Estelle passed in 08, Bea in 09, Rue in 2010...y'think Betty should be at the hospital at all times starting Jan 1?

NOOOO! Don't say that!

rhirhi

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »

NOOOO! Don't say that!

I'll cry with ya, if it happens, promise

Gyburc

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 06:28:29 AM »
There are videos in YouTube featuring Hitler and the SS marching to the Imperial March. I think this tune suits them well. Sorry if anyone finds this offensive- but that is THE background music used nowadays to depict any kind of villain/trouble, and who is more regarded as a universal villain than Hitler and the Nazis?

A few months ago, there was an official state visit to the UK by members of the Saudi Arabian royal family. As their cars drew up, the military band started playing the Imperial March. It had to be deliberate.  :D

(It was edited out of BBC broadcasts of the event, but one of our other TV channels played the original version.)

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »
"My girlfriend asked me to buy her something she doesn't need. So I signed her up for chemotherapy." -Comedian, can't recall name

Penguinity

• It's Penguins all the way down
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
There are videos in YouTube featuring Hitler and the SS marching to the Imperial March. I think this tune suits them well. Sorry if anyone finds this offensive- but that is THE background music used nowadays to depict any kind of villain/trouble, and who is more regarded as a universal villain than Hitler and the Nazis?

A few months ago, there was an official state visit to the UK by members of the Saudi Arabian royal family. As their cars drew up, the military band started playing the Imperial March. It had to be deliberate.  :D

(It was edited out of BBC broadcasts of the event, but one of our other TV channels played the original version.)

Another thing you shouldn't laugh at: I went to wikipedia to look up the Imperial March.  I got the John Williams version.

Now I'm imagining all these characters marching along to Darth Vader's theme.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
I think there's little that can't be joked about - IF you know how to do it.

Apparently, concentration camp survivors have often said that one thing that helped keep them alive was a sense of humour.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

Another thing you shouldn't laugh at: I went to wikipedia to look up the Imperial March.  I got the John Williams version.

Isn't that the Imperial March that everyone has been talking about here?  ??? I see that there is another Imperial March, but I thought the PPs were referring to the Star Wars music (Thus whiterose's comment: "that is THE background music used nowadays to depict any kind of villain/trouble"). Was I completely misunderstanding?

Penguinity

• It's Penguins all the way down
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

Isn't that the Imperial March that everyone has been talking about here?  ??? I see that there is another Imperial March, but I thought the PPs were referring to the Star Wars music (Thus whiterose's comment: "that is THE background music used nowadays to depict any kind of villain/trouble"). Was I completely misunderstanding?

But they're also saying Hitler marched to it. I don't think it had been written then. There's another one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_March_%28Elgar%29