Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 332284 times)

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »
We have different levels of membership support at our organisation, depending on how much they pay. The levels are pretty easy to follow: Bronze Member, Silver Member...

The one I keep giggling at? Gold Member  :D

<*snert!*> Didn't Shirley Bassey sing that? :D

that was Gold FINGER

Gold MEMBER  is an Austin Powers movie 

both are rather silly (but I love me some Bond)

Favorite line from Goldfinger

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die"

Yeah, I know, I was joking :D

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
opps sorry

my giggle meter is on the fritz today
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

LibChick

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:31 PM »
I also must know about the drunk vacumning story, I can’t for the life of me figure out what that must be – did someone get sucked into the vacumn??

As for the guy who blew one of his cerebral hemisphere onto the table, I might either be totally grossed out, or thinking, “Wow, so that’s what one of those looks like close up!”

Well, since you all asked nicely ...

Mothers Against Drunk Vacuuming was created while we were investigating the unattended death of an officer's wife in on-base housing. She was found dead at the foot of the staircase, wearing nothing but a wrap-front bathrobe with the sash untied, with a large upright vacuum partly on top of her, the cord extending down the stairs from an outlet at the top of the flight. Her blood alcohol level was .38.

Actual cause of death was a fracture at C1-C2, accompanied by a large fracture of the left parietal across the coronal suture with epidural hemorrhaging. In plain language, she was drunk to the point of incapacity, wearing a loose garment with high tripping potential, vacuuming the stairs while pulling the cord down behind her. We couldn't tell if she tripped over the cord, the hem of her robe, or the sash, or some combination thereof, but fall she did, hitting the left side of her head hard and breaking her neck at the bottom. I have no idea why she was vacuuming the stairs at 3am, alone, naked and drunk.

She had an extensive history of alcohol abuse, she was well known to us and to base security, and was known in base housing as a sort of snobby, drunken version of Dresser Queen - she called us for all kinds of things, ranging from "the kids are moving my lawn ornaments" to "a UFO just stole one of your planes." I have a lot of sympathy for people with substance abuse problems, but this woman ... well, she had a *long* history of problems, had been offered treatment many many times (for free), and just flat did not want to stop drinking. I think it gave her a sort of PA power over her husband and kids.

And I thought all my housework was murder...

IrishGenes

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
I don't have a story to share (yet), but I just want to say I think all of you have an awesome sense of humor!  I love sarcasm, satire and irony.  It's nice to meet others with a similar sense of humor! :D
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."  ~ The Talmud

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »
Cats can play practical jokes.

When I was a teenager, we had three Siamese cats.  Mine was the alpha cat, her daughter came next, and my brother's cat Bitty was clear at the bottom of the pecking order.

I was sitting in my mother's room talking to her when Alpha came in to get a drink of water out of the toilet.  Front feet down on the bowl, hind feet up on the seat, so she couldn't see when Bitty zipped out from under Mom's bed, pushed Alpha into the toilet, and zipped back again.

If Alpha knew the culprit, she would have killed her!  I've never seen such an angry cat.  She levitated out of the toilet, flew through the bathroom, and splatted down the hallway taking 10-foot leaps.   She wouldn't even let me near her with a towel, just in case I was the culprit.   And Bitty hid under the bed the rest of the day, snickering.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
Elfmama! I now have diet Coke all over my keyboard!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
LOL Elfmama! 

Speaking of brain damaged cats...we had one who had the misfortune of being kicked in the head by a neighbor's horse when he (the cat) went wandering through the pasture one day.  He was mostly okay but had some balance issues.

One day, he decided to leap up onto the coffee table for a good ear scratching...and kept right on sliding to the other side, finally falling right onto the floor.

I always felt guilty for the 10 minutes my sister and I spent laughing at him.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »
My sister has a cat who was an abandoned infant kitten, and she had to feed him with a kitten-sized bottle for a couple of weeks.  He's always been a bit "strange", according to her; They named him Newton because he's not very smart, but is very friendly.  Sis says that Newton has been known to walk across the back of their sofa and walk right off the end, as though he didn't realize the sofa had ended until he hit the floor.  He's also done that 'slide across the table thing.'  She sent me a picture of her three cats napping on the sofa that consisted of a large pile of black fur (Sable, the alpha male), a larger pile of grey and white striped fur (Dusty, the beta male), and Newton, a grey tabby, watching her take the picture with one eye closed. 

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »
She sent me a picture of her three cats napping on the sofa that consisted of a large pile of black fur (Sable, the alpha male), a larger pile of grey and white striped fur (Dusty, the beta male), and Newton, a grey tabby, watching her take the picture with one eye closed. 

I have tons of photos of my cat Weedster where he's doing exactly that. He's... special.

He was quite aggressive as a kitten, until a friend's 3-year old sprayed him with body spray in an attempt to get him to come out from under the bed. (yeah yeah, I know). I actually don't know whether that has anything to with his demeanor as an adult cat, or whether it was more down to his propensity to walk into doors/walls/table legs. Whatever, he's as daft as a brush. He's the kind of cat that will jump up on the bed, you put him down onto the floor and he instantly jumps back up again about 20 times - I call him a boomerang.

Here is the most normal photograph I have of him, in which he thinks he's a pirate:

Nuff said.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
She sent me a picture of her three cats napping on the sofa that consisted of a large pile of black fur (Sable, the alpha male), a larger pile of grey and white striped fur (Dusty, the beta male), and Newton, a grey tabby, watching her take the picture with one eye closed. 

I have tons of photos of my cat Weedster where he's doing exactly that. He's... special.

He was quite aggressive as a kitten, until a friend's 3-year old sprayed him with body spray in an attempt to get him to come out from under the bed. (yeah yeah, I know).
OK, what is it with little kids spraying the cat with random liquids to make them come out of hiding?  Grandson #1 sprayed our Siamese with foaming bathroom cleaner trying to make her come out from behind the toilet!  Poor sticky cats.   :-\
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

kitty-cat

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
Okay, this one I thought of in church this past Sunday.

During the part of the service when the priest is presenting the bread and wine, all of a sudden "Have a little priest" from Sweeney Todd came into my head.

It was very hard to not laugh out loud and to keep my straight face....

Next Sunday is gonna be so fun...

NE Florida

pharmagal

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »
A simple spelling mistake.  Instead of spelling highway, it was spelt highqway.  Cue me and my friend sitting there waving at each other saying Hi Qway!  And looking like complete idiots.  Especially in the stupid tone of voice we were using.   Not funny at all, but it still makes me giggle a bit now.

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
The first time I heard this ancient bait-and-switch song around a campfire, having genuinely supposed we were having a quick break in the bawdy ones for a straight hymn, I couldn't stop laughing for ages afterwards. Still can't hear it without cracking up, to be honest (and yes, I am a Christian):

"There is a green hill far away
Without a city wall
Where the dear Lord was crucified
Who died to save us all...

...ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!

He died to save us all!
He died to save us all!
For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good fe-e-llooooooooow,

He died to save us all!"

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2010, 08:44:48 AM »

Theres a woman who regularly calls the local talkback station who is blind and lives with her mother.
Her mother's name is Iris.
I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it.  :-[
Stewart/Colbert '16

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Shared what I thought was a funny joke with my brother:
Me:  Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?
Bro:  Why?
Me:  It was dead.

but he one-upped me:

Bro:  What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?
Me:  Finding half a worm?
Bro:  The holocaust.
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."