Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 334462 times)

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:22 AM »
Bahaha! Ladyonwheels, one of my mates did something similar to that when he got a new chair!

He went from an ancient beat up old rental chair that was lucky to get up a ramp without at least three attempts to a tricked out machine- we took the (black) wheels off and painted them chrome and one of our artist friends had painted flames on the frame.

He grabbed the control stick and, like he had to in the old one, pushed it ALL THE WAY FORWARD. In the old machine that meant 1~3 kp/h (slow walking pace).

This one had a top speed of 9kp/h.

He barreled down the corridor and broke his bedroom door with his footrest, and if I hadn't strapped him into the dingdangity thing not thirty seconds earlier he would have thrown himself out of it and probably broken a few bones.

He laughed his head off for a good few minutes, then proceeded back down the hallway and knocked over the kitchen table, just to see how powerful his new wheels were.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
That sounds like one seriously cool set of wheels! 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
Steven Slater's getaway!  >:D

ladyonwheels

• cassie :)
  • does my charisma scare you?
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
anna that made me laugh out loud haha! i know how that feels too going from a junky old chair to a new one that responds at a higher speed.

careful, i like bare toes ;D

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Have you guys seen the Robert Munsch book "Zoom!"? http://www.amazon.ca/Zoom-Robert-Munsch/dp/0779114329

It is about a little girl who wants a faster wheelchair, with similar results. It is hilarious!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »
lol oh my goodness i have a funny one!

for my birthday my hubby and his friends got together to get me a new head array control for my chair. i used to drive with my chin and the chin stick took a lot more pressure than the head array, which has proximity sensors and i steer by leaning my head back against my head rest to go forward and touching the wings on the left or right sides to turn. there is a red switch by my left cheek that puts the chair in reverse if I hit it before i lean my head back and by my right is the green switch that turns the power on or off. there's an l.e.d. display that tells me which direction i'm going and if the chair is in reverse.

well, my chair also has my dynavox communication device/computer/internet access that's mounted on an arm across my lap. the end of it sticks out a little.

end bg

when the head array was first hooked up, hubby was standing to my left and i wasn't aware of how sensitive the sensors were. i put my head back and shot forward, clocking him in the crotch with the mounting arm on my chair! he fell down, on his butt, and flattened the box the head array came in.

i stared at him and typed, 'baby, you turned me on and look at how satisfied i am'

he looked at me while holding himself and said 'hit me baby one more time'

i said to him 'dont tempt me'

we died laughing. hubby wasn't seriously hurt.

i promise i don't crash anymore!

That is so cool. (the new controls.)
\
Also, your DH is hilarious.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
The stoned horse made me think of this.

My old roomie had a cat named Nemo - big friendly tuxie with a nip habit. She would give him a sock with some fresh 'nip, and we would find him in the kitchen, one claw hooked in the pad of the kitchen chairleg, pulling himself around and around and around it in circles.

"Dude...no dude, dude seriously. Dude seriously, the floor. The floor, it's like...dude, it's moving. Man, this is cool...."

Best we can surmise, he forgot he had legs. And also, possibly, the floor had started sprouting elephants or something.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
The stoned horse made me think of this.

My old roomie had a cat named Nemo - big friendly tuxie with a nip habit. She would give him a sock with some fresh 'nip, and we would find him in the kitchen, one claw hooked in the pad of the kitchen chairleg, pulling himself around and around and around it in circles.

"Dude...no dude, dude seriously. Dude seriously, the floor. The floor, it's like...dude, it's moving. Man, this is cool...."

Best we can surmise, he forgot he had legs. And also, possibly, the floor had started sprouting elephants or something.

Ahaha, that's brilliant. I have never tried my cats on nip. Perhaps I should; it sounds like they're missing out on some wild times.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
my three cats get the "munchies" from too much nip

if I give them something with fresh nip in it (or some from outside) they will eat their bowls dry

and then just lay there on the floor and stare at me with HUGE eyes
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »

if I give them something with fresh nip in it (or some from outside) they will eat their bowls dry

They're trying to remember if you've always had three heads :D

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »
ohhh I got one I just remembered (at least I hope I didn't post it before here)

Down at our Local Renissance Festival they have the "game section" set up with one of those "swing the hammer - ring the bell" games

one of our "macho, manly" friends was showing off

doing the whole "beath in and out and get all psyched to beat the crud out of the leaver" 

and missed

Not good for manly ego - I only let out one snort - I hope he didn't hear me.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

snowfire

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »
Bahaha! Ladyonwheels, one of my mates did something similar to that when he got a new chair!

He went from an ancient beat up old rental chair that was lucky to get up a ramp without at least three attempts to a tricked out machine- we took the (black) wheels off and painted them chrome and one of our artist friends had painted flames on the frame.

He grabbed the control stick and, like he had to in the old one, pushed it ALL THE WAY FORWARD. In the old machine that meant 1~3 kp/h (slow walking pace).

This one had a top speed of 9kp/h.

He barreled down the corridor and broke his bedroom door with his footrest, and if I hadn't strapped him into the dingdangity thing not thirty seconds earlier he would have thrown himself out of it and probably broken a few bones.

He laughed his head off for a good few minutes, then proceeded back down the hallway and knocked over the kitchen table, just to see how powerful his new wheels were.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090021/

The motorized chair that the hero gets!  That's power.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »

They're trying to remember if you've always had three heads :D

I'm laughing so hard I woke my cat up. 

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »
Standing in a grocery store line:

To set the scene:
We have all been waiting at least fifteen minutes in line, because the place is packed, and the person checking out at this point is argueing about coupons with the cashier.

A young mother has an infant and a maybe nine or ten year old who is standing beside her looking kinda awkward and occasionally pulling on his mother, at which point she tells him the exact same thing "We're almost done, we just have to pay for the food." he looks tired and about ready to get frustrated, but is otherwise pretty normal seeming. (As in, not yelling, not vocally fussing, and more or less a well behaved kiddo. :))

This is done quietly and inconspicuously, and I probably wouldn't have noticed, except that I am a people watcher and her baby was REALLY cute. I'll call this woman LadyOne. And her son Boy.

Right behind her is an older lady with no kids in tow who is apparently also admiring the baby. She decides to comment to the young mother. I'll call her LadyTwo.

Now for the funny part.

LadyTwo: Oh, isn't she (baby) cute!
LadyOne: (Cheerfully) Thank You! She's just learning to sit up on her own. Boy has been dressing her... (i guess to explain why the baby was wearing a hockey jersy styled onsie. lol)
(boy at this point waves a bit then goes back to glomming onto his mother, who pats his head)
LadyTwo: Oh, isn't he sweet. He must be a mama's boy? they look like a handful.
LadyOne: Yep. Especially since he's asbergers.
LadyTwo: Oh now honey, I know you're having some trouble wrangling them, buit there's no need to call the child a nasty name!

I nearly lost it. LadyOne burst out laughing and explained that it was a disorder. ladyTwo appologized, but remarked before LadyOne left "Well... It does sound a bit mean as a name..."

And now i feel bad for still laughing at this two days later. Please, could someone else make me feel better and tell me this really was kinda funny?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »
Kimblee, I laughed. ;) (And bless LadyTwo for sticking up for Boy, misguided as her attempt was!)

=====

BG: Crowded pub. Some friends and I ended up sitting with, and chatting to, a couple we vaguely knew: 'John' and 'Becky'.

John, some years before, had his left leg amputated below the knee after a particularly nasty motorbike crash. He gets around with a stick and prosthetic leg, and chats quite readily about it.

Becky is the most tedious conversationalist in the entire world. The monologuing-on-pet-subjects, word-in-edgeways-blocking, verbal equivalent of a slow-motion tank - ponderous, relentless, and instilling in bystanders the urgent wish to run far, far away as quickly as possible...

I got stuck talking with Becky. By "talking with", I mean "spending two hours politely nodding and smiling at". ::) A very long two hours.

Exchange after John and Becky had said their goodbyes and departed:

Friend: "Hey, how did John say he lost his leg, again?"

Me: "Probably chewed it off to escape..."