Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 348545 times)

wendelenn

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »
Older son was 3 or so, and his sister would have been 7ish.

DD came up to me and her father, hysterical. She told us Michael had swallowed a nickle. Father starts panicking, I start laughing, and not just a little, hysterically laughing. DD and DS just did not know what to do, if I remember correctly, DD was telling me it wasn't funny, and so was their father.

We call the ped, and get DS in right away. DS gets and xray, and yes, I am still laughing, but now I have support from the ped. He was telling us that happens all the time.

He says, it will most likely pass, and if I wanted to I can check his poop for the nickle. I said I am NOT looking through his poop for a nickle. DS's second xray showed the nickle still there, but the 3rd showed the nickle gone.

Anyone old enough to remember this?
"My name is Michael, I've got a nickel, I've got a nickel shiny and new. . . "  :)
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
When my brother and I were small Mom would frequently trade baby-sitting with her neighbor, who also had small children.  One time Mom came home from shopping to see the neighbor holding my little brother upside down by the ankles, shaking him frantically.  Before she could ask what was going on, a dime popped out of his mouth and he started to cry.

Mom said "Paula, I would have given you another dime."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
Older son was 3 or so, and his sister would have been 7ish.

DD came up to me and her father, hysterical. She told us Michael had swallowed a nickle. Father starts panicking, I start laughing, and not just a little, hysterically laughing. DD and DS just did not know what to do, if I remember correctly, DD was telling me it wasn't funny, and so was their father.

We call the ped, and get DS in right away. DS gets and xray, and yes, I am still laughing, but now I have support from the ped. He was telling us that happens all the time.

He says, it will most likely pass, and if I wanted to I can check his poop for the nickle. I said I am NOT looking through his poop for a nickle. DS's second xray showed the nickle still there, but the 3rd showed the nickle gone.

Anyone old enough to remember this?
"My name is Michael, I've got a nickel, I've got a nickel shiny and new. . . "  :)

"I'm gonna buy me, all kinds of candy, that's what I'm gonna do."

It's been a while since I heard that one! I had to google it... :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
On the subject of peppers.

One night at a Tex-Mex place Cousin C and I tried to give sis a chip we had put in the hot sauce before we put it in the queso. My Mom, she who sees and knows all, caught us. We had to eat 1 chip dipped in hot sauce for every year we were older than Sis (4 me 5 Cousin).

A little while after Dad passed sis and I were able to send Mom to visit her family on PEI. At her brothers' requests she brought up a couple of large jars of jalapenos, which are hard and expensive to get on the island. Mom got in late, and Nanna had already gone to bed. Mom put the jalapenos in the frig and went to bed. She woke up to Nanna cursing, something she had never heard before. Nanna thought the jalapenos were some type of Texas Pickle and had tried one. Mom got her some milk and bread.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

3angels

« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »
A couple of weeks ago we had hamburgers for dinner from a new restaurant that gives you a choice between regular buns or jalapeno sourdough bread. I was in a hurry and just ordered 5 specials not realizing that the special was the jalapeno sourdough bread with jalapeno poppers in the burger. For those that don't know, a jalapeno popper is a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, batter-dipped and fried. DH is the only one of us who eats jalapenos and so the rest of us just threw the poppers in the trash. The next morning, I had just stepped out of the shower when our mini dachshund comes running in the bathroom licking his mouth, rubbing his mouth with his paws, and just generally rubbing his face on everything. I picked him up to see if he had anything stuck in his throat and get an overwhelming smell of jalapeno. The little booger had dumped the kitchen trash over while I was in the shower to get at the leftovers and got a mouth full of jalapenos. I couldn't help but laugh cause there was nothing I could do to help relieve the burn and frankly I was hoping it would teach him to stay out of the trash - it hasn't yet.

snowfire

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »
I got lunch at a local fast food place today.  It has hollow plastic benches on a wooden base in the booths.  There were several teens at the booth across from me.  I just about had Coke come out my nose when one of the teens accidentally discovered that if you are sitting on one of these benches and you *toot* it reverberates quite astonishingly!

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2011, 02:42:21 AM »
Someone on facebook created a drinking game to go with the television coverage of the Queensland floods. I shouldn't laugh, but it makes such a good point of the repetitiveness of all the coverage. If you played it for real (not recommended) you'd be trashed in 5 minutes.

I was also watching some footage of the floods on one of the news sites and there was a pop up ad: 100% Pure Escape...discount airfares to New Zealand. It just struck me as so wrong, I started giggling.

LOL!!   ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Gyburc

« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »
DH and I were recently introduced to the motherlode of things that you Should Not Laugh At - Stephen Lynch. Very good guitarist, beautiful voice, and the sickest sense of humour I've ever come across.

Quite a few of his numbers are on YouTube, but really, really, don't go there if you are easily offended. (Especially not to The Gerbil Song.)

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
DH and I were recently introduced to the motherlode of things that you Should Not Laugh At - Stephen Lynch. Very good guitarist, beautiful voice, and the sickest sense of humour I've ever come across.

Quite a few of his numbers are on YouTube, but really, really, don't go there if you are easily offended. (Especially not to The Gerbil Song.)

Would he be similiar to Tom Leher? http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Tom-Lehrer-lyrics/00AAF31EC6C79B4548256A7D0028A9E0

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
Went to a funeral today. The gentleman died of a very rapid form of cancer. His SO said that at the end, when she was sitting with him, she said "Honey, I really didn't think you would go first. I thought you would give me a heart attack."

He replied "Don't worry. There's still time."

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
Went to a funeral today. The gentleman died of a very rapid form of cancer. His SO said that at the end, when she was sitting with him, she said "Honey, I really didn't think you would go first. I thought you would give me a heart attack."

He replied "Don't worry. There's still time."

That's so wrong.  I love it madly.  >:D

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
My aunt once told me a story way long ago about my cousin when he was a toddler. She realized she needed to control her language around him when one day out of the blue he started slapping the tray of his high chair while repeatedly shouting out the 'GD' word. Every time I think of what that must have sounded like, I'm not horrified by this little kid screaming out cussing like that. I'm sorry to say, I find myself giggling....

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »
The gentleman who organizes the sports league I play in passed away suddenly earlier this week. My boyfriend, who's on my team, was getting some stuff ready for the event. The guy he works with asked him who he was playing this week, so BF looked at the sheet...and it turns out we were supposed to play the man who died. The other guy said "I guess that's not happening, then..." The man's death was tragic, of course, but for some reason we couldn't stop giggling!

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
The gentleman who organizes the sports league I play in passed away suddenly earlier this week. My boyfriend, who's on my team, was getting some stuff ready for the event. The guy he works with asked him who he was playing this week, so BF looked at the sheet...and it turns out we were supposed to play the man who died. The other guy said "I guess that's not happening, then..." The man's death was tragic, of course, but for some reason we couldn't stop giggling!

No problem. He just has to start an inter-dimensional league now!

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2011, 03:29:01 PM »

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Stephen Lynch!  He's so wrong but so funny.