Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 335627 times)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1410 on: June 06, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »

I spent the rest of the morning trying to get the taste out and grumbling that "my poverty tasted like zombie" this morning.  ;D

ZOMG - on a conference call, and had to jump on the mute reading this. HYSTERICAL!!

I'm just glad I'm working from home today. I would have gotten really weird looks when I snorted.

On the note of conference calls - we had a big company conference call a few weeks ago. About halfway through, someone forgot to mute their phone while they took the call. The *entire* company heard a receptionist directing calls, interrupting quite a few bigwigs trying to give updates. Twice, someone asked for everyone to please mute their phones *HINT HINT.* But, it didn't work. Instead, someone sent an email blanket with the subject: MUTE YOUR PHONES!!!!! and nothing else.

I was very glad mine was already on mute, because I started losing it at that.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

vorbau

• walking around naked doesn't make you an emperor
« Reply #1411 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »

I spent the rest of the morning trying to get the taste out and grumbling that "my poverty tasted like zombie" this morning.  ;D

ZOMG - on a conference call, and had to jump on the mute reading this. HYSTERICAL!!

My colleagues are by now used to strange noises coming from my office during my lunch period (which is when I'm on EHell at work).

And now I have a name for the flavor of the veggie burgers DH loves so much. Query: does zombie poverty smell the same as it tastes?
Let's roll. (And you can't scare me; I've had teenagers.)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1412 on: June 06, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »

I'm just glad I'm working from home today. I would have gotten really weird looks when I snorted.

On the note of conference calls - we had a big company conference call a few weeks ago. About halfway through, someone forgot to mute their phone while they took the call. The *entire* company heard a receptionist directing calls, interrupting quite a few bigwigs trying to give updates. Twice, someone asked for everyone to please mute their phones *HINT HINT.* But, it didn't work. Instead, someone sent an email blanket with the subject: MUTE YOUR PHONES!!!!! and nothing else.

I was very glad mine was already on mute, because I started losing it at that.

We do conference calls at work on occasion to gather together all the people in like positions across the province.  On one call, one of the supervisors had called in on his cell phone.  At one point, he carried his phone outside to grab a smoke.  It was also very windy that day.  I swear, it sounded like we had Darth Vader on the call.  Someone higher up finally requested that the heavy breather put his phone on mute, which supervisor couldn't do with a cell.  Next thing we hear?  'Supervisor has left the conference.' in the automated voice.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1413 on: June 06, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »

My colleagues are by now used to strange noises coming from my office during my lunch period (which is when I'm on EHell at work).

And now I have a name for the flavor of the veggie burgers DH loves so much. Query: does zombie poverty smell the same as it tastes?

Oddly enough (nefariously enough?) the zombie poverty actually smells perfectly normal.
This is how they suck you in.  :o

It smells fine, and because you're trying to brushyourhair/findyourshoes/dousetheflamingcat first thing in the morning, you scarf down several bites before the flavour hits. >:D

Then you are caught.
Starve?
Gag?
Or eat the zombie poverty?

There is no right answer.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1414 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
Maybe this is more "cute kids", but yesterday DS12 and DD13 went for their annual exams.  Husband went in the exam room with our son, and later he told me that when the (female) doctor came in, DS sang out, "Do I have to have a prostate exam??"

Jones

« Reply #1415 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »
My daughter, again, has a win:

DH told her not to make a certain face.
Her: Why?
Him: Because it'll get stuck and then you'll look like me.
Her: No I won't, I'll still have hair.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1416 on: June 07, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »
Last night I went to refill the cat's kibble, and discovered that someone had bought the cat's open bag of kibble in the estate sale held here this weekend.  Don't worry - the cat didn't go hungry.  But I was laughing as I was looking for the food.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1417 on: June 07, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
Last night I went to refill the cat's kibble, and discovered that someone had bought the cat's open bag of kibble in the estate sale held here this weekend.  Don't worry - the cat didn't go hungry.  But I was laughing as I was looking for the food.

Truly - there are people who WILL buy ANYTHING at an estate sale!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1418 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
My usual breakfast is a bowl of instant oatmeal (aka poverty  ;)) and a banana.

Some weeks ago, dh bought a new flavour of oatmeal - a weight control flavour.
Well, I quickly discovered why it's a weight control formula - it's inedible!
Tasted to me like cardboard with an aftertaste of aluminum.

Being thrifty, I shoved it to the back of the pantry and decided it was "zombie apocolypse" food.
As in, it stays there until it goes bad or we get desperate enough to eat it.
(You see where this is going, right?)

I was in a rush this morning and grabbed for the closest open box.
And got halfway through the bowl before the taste registered.  :P
Daughter looked at me and said "What's wrong?"
"I got the zombie food!"  ;D

I tried that a few years ago, and it resembled plaster to me. I found out WW co-worker loves that variety and I gave it all to her. I make homemade oatmeal with rolled oats much more frugally than the packets anyway.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1419 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »
I saw something today that just chuckled me.  The visual was just so great.

On my way to work I saw this very pretty blonde woman riding a black Harley...in really bright/colorful CareBear scrubs.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1420 on: July 07, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
^^Awesome!!!

We went to the zoo the other day for Dark Sister's bachelorette party. While we looking in at the orangatans, one raised up his arm and started to scratch at his armpit. The three year old little boy in front of us then did the same thing and excitedly said, "Look, mom! He's doing it just like you!"

It was so hard not to laugh, especially because we all herd it and we're glancing around to see if each other heard it, too, but the mom took it very well!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

rain

« Reply #1421 on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
Went to the Bread Co. this morning with DS (13).

When we were walking out I asked where his milk was (the cartons are a bit smaller than a soda can).

DS replied - in my pocket mom, didn't you see the bulge? ... Mom, whats wrong, why do you have that funny look on your face?   MOM - fine, I'm going to the car. (and he stomps off)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

HungryHungryKitties

« Reply #1422 on: July 08, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
This story is rather sweet, but told during bad timing.

DH’s grandfather died peacefully at the age of 90.  His adult grandsons including DH were the pallbearers and were sitting together facing the open casket for the service.   Just before the service started, we could see all six talking together in low tones and then shoulders shaking with suppressed laughter that lasted quite some time.  We were all puzzled what had made them start laughing and why it lasted so long.

Afterwards I asked him what it was about.  Grandpa was slightly elevated in his casket and his folded hands were quite visible including the finger with the missing upper half.  The grandsons were talking about it and it turns out that Grandpa had told each grandson a different story about how he lost his finger. 

The story was appropriate for each one – my DH was a car mechanic, and Grandpa told him he lost it in a fan blade, and to be careful.  Another grandson liked to work with horses.  Grandpa told him he lost it when riding a horse, and to be careful.  Another grandson liked to do woodworking.  Grandpa told him he lost it to a power saw, and to be careful. 

They didn’t know until they were talking just before service that they were each told a different story.

And, for the record, he lost it in his mid-30s while working in a cotton mill.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

princessdolly

• The core of all life is a limitless chest of tales
« Reply #1423 on: July 17, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
Was just watching the news and they were talking to an anti-smacking group called 'Children are Unbeatable'. All I could think was 'challenge accepted!'

Couldn't stop giggling  ;D

Nika

« Reply #1424 on: July 17, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
Was just watching the news and they were talking to an anti-smacking group called 'Children are Unbeatable'. All I could think was 'challenge accepted!'

Couldn't stop giggling  ;D

Bwahaha!

That's a really poorly thought-out name.
"I am, in fact, a hobbit in all but size."