Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 313155 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1485 on: October 27, 2012, 01:17:59 PM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/clinton-firefighter-charged-after-ex-wifes-dryer-explodes/

So it's a rather horrible story all around involving a vindictive ex-husband and a booby-trapped laundry dryer. While the poor woman wasn't killed, she sustained serious burns on her legs and had to be taken to the hospital. This wasn't the part where I laughed.

This was:
When Doreen turned the dryer on, it exploded, giving her severe burns on her legs and blowing her small dog out of the second floor window.

Seriously, I guffawed.

Then I wondered what happened to the dog and started to feel pretty awful. Thankfully, reports state that the dog survived. You can start laughing now.

"Today, we're going to teach poodles how to fly!"

(Ten internet points if you can name the movie)

"Fluffy!  Are you ready?  Are you psyched?" *yapyapyapyapyap*thud**

Ahh, Raul's Wild Kingdom.  Traska, that 's one of my all-time favourite movies.  I found a DVD copy (rare, since it went out of print completely in the early '90s) complete with commentary by Al, Michael Richards and Emo Philips for about $6 at a used bookstore.  Best six bucks I ever spent.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1486 on: October 27, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/clinton-firefighter-charged-after-ex-wifes-dryer-explodes/

So it's a rather horrible story all around involving a vindictive ex-husband and a booby-trapped laundry dryer. While the poor woman wasn't killed, she sustained serious burns on her legs and had to be taken to the hospital. This wasn't the part where I laughed.

This was:
When Doreen turned the dryer on, it exploded, giving her severe burns on her legs and blowing her small dog out of the second floor window.

Seriously, I guffawed.

Then I wondered what happened to the dog and started to feel pretty awful. Thankfully, reports state that the dog survived. You can start laughing now.

"Today, we're going to teach poodles how to fly!"

(Ten internet points if you can name the movie)

"As {diety} is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Hazmat

• This Veteran is heavily medicated for your protection
  • How can I miss you if you won't go away?
    • Chronus Is Latin For Time
« Reply #1487 on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

"As {diety} is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"
WKRP in Cincinnati
A guest is a jewel on the cushion of hospitality. -Nero Wolfe

Indiana

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1488 on: October 27, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
(rare, since it went out of print completely in the early '90s)

Are you suuuure?

http://www.amazon.com/UHF-Weird-Al-Yankovic/dp/B00005JKHX

But... $6?  Feh!  I paid $60 off eBay for a VHS copy, back when the official word was they'd never ever ever release it on DVD.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1489 on: October 28, 2012, 02:15:19 AM »

Are you suuuure?

But... $6?  Feh!  I paid $60 off eBay for a VHS copy, back when the official word was they'd never ever ever release it on DVD.

and now it's on Netfix instant :-D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1490 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

Are you suuuure?

and now it's on Netfix instant :-D

Ah, but I bought a DVD copy as soon as they announced they were doing them.  (It was release June 4, 2002... I think it was early July when I got mine)

Frog24

« Reply #1491 on: October 31, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
"Fluffy!  Are you ready?  Are you psyched?" *yapyapyapyapyap*thud**

"Oh maaaaan!"  (turns to camera) "You know, sometimes it takes them a little longer to learn how to do it right.  Okay!  Who's next! ahhhh.. Gigi!  Ready?  Annnd fly!" *yapyapyapyap*  *thud*  "Oh, man!!!"

"Where'd you get this guy?"
"ME?!  I thought you hired him!"

heh heh heh

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1492 on: October 31, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
I know turkeys fly.  ;D

greencat

« Reply #1493 on: October 31, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
My cats have been failing at being cats lately - they keep missing their jumps and knocking over the furniture.  I especially shouldn't laugh at them wrecking my house, but they always look so surprised when they fail!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1494 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:49 AM »
My cats have been failing at being cats lately - they keep missing their jumps and knocking over the furniture.  I especially shouldn't laugh at them wrecking my house, but they always look so surprised when they fail!

I'm always amused when they are sleeping on the back of the sofa and fall off.  They do this quick look around to see if anyone saw them and are so embarrassed looking.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Hazmat

• This Veteran is heavily medicated for your protection
  • How can I miss you if you won't go away?
    • Chronus Is Latin For Time
« Reply #1495 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »
A guest is a jewel on the cushion of hospitality. -Nero Wolfe

Indiana

ScubaGirl

« Reply #1496 on: November 01, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »
I tutor a half hour a week with a 3rd grader to help with his reading/English (English is his second language).  He is the sweetest kid and soft spoken.  He was working his way through a Scooby Doo book.  He came to "Joinks!".  He paused and studied the word.  He noticed the "!" so he knew he had to say it forcefully.  Suddenly he loudly proclaims: "Jesus!".  I laughed in my head for a long time after that.  The other tutors probably wondered what in the world we were reading.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1497 on: November 06, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
Like the time my half-Ragdoll male cat leaped onto the ironing board and it collapsed.  The expression on his face was priceless - sort of a whiskered version of "What the ehell just happened?" 

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1498 on: November 13, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »
Kiki (not the pup in my avatar but his other, dumber, sibling) got herself "trapped" in the laundry room today.  See, she would have had to walk between the washing machine (on) and the basket of laundry sitting on the floor next to it.  And since the washing machine obviously only makes noise when it's possessed by dog-eating demons, she plunked her butt down and whined at me until I came and "rescued" her.

greencat

« Reply #1499 on: November 13, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
I have been laughing at my cats lately.  You see, I started just leaving the door open to the (impenetrably fenced back yard) when I left for work so the dog didn't have to hold it while I'm at work.  This means the cats can go out and roam at will (relatively safe in my neighborhood.)  Apparently, their will for the most part is to stay inside - except for the one cat that goes out the back door, up over the roof, and then waits in the front of the house for me to come home.