Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 324728 times)

snowfire

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1515 on: December 14, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »
I guess it was the first initial/last name of the car owner that I parked next to today, but I still wouldn't want a plate that said I was a twit. Plate was "T WITT"

Jones

« Reply #1516 on: December 16, 2012, 11:01:53 PM »
Yesterday I discovered my son, stripped down to a diaper as he usually is when I look away for too long, on the countertop. He had pushed together an assortment of stools and the flour bucket in order to reach his perch. He had a donut and was crouched over it, eyes wide, in a way that brought Gollum to mind..."My precioussss." As I asked "What're you doing, boy?" he began furiously licking the icing off said donut. Yeah....it was his, I sure didn't want it anyway.

exitzero

« Reply #1517 on: December 17, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
I went with a group of carolers to a few nursing homes yesterday.

At one stop, we were singing away when a very elderly man hobbled up to the front on his walker, sat down in the front row...and proceeded to pull out his cell phone and make a call. And he was obviously very hard of hearing, but because he was YELLING, "What...huh? What did you say? What was that?" over and over.

We singers were desparately trying to not meet each others' eyes, because it would have been over. I mean, if you're already hard of hearing, why on earth would sit in the front row of a concert to make your call?

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1518 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »
Tiny little thing but funny.

Yesterday, we were reading in the living room.  Mr. Thipu asked if it was raining.  It wasn't raining outside but it sure sounded like it.  It WAS raining on our Christmas village. 

It turns out that the upstairs neighbor's Christmas tree was right over our display and when they watered the tree, we got the benefit.

Well, the matter was easily resolved but it was an odd few minutes. 

AuntyT

« Reply #1519 on: December 18, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
My niece (17 months) and I were leaving the swimming pool the other day.  She got distracted, turned to look at something else and walked right into the wall.  It took a lot not to laugh at her especially when she got mad at the wall for being in her way.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #1520 on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »
I guess it was the first initial/last name of the car owner that I parked next to today, but I still wouldn't want a plate that said I was a twit. Plate was "T WITT"

Unless you founded/worked for the TWIT network. A tech podcasting network founded by Leo LaPorte. I can't remember what he said his plate actually says but it does say TWIT in some form.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1521 on: December 18, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Tonight mom and I were relaxing after wrapping gifts, and i was laying at one end of the couch and she was sitting at the other. Jasper, our lovely dog, decides to lay in the middle of the couch. She lays so that her head is in my mom's lap, and her behind is on my abdomen, about five or six inches from my face. The following conversation happens:

Me: If she farts I am done for!
Mom: *Snorts* She won't fart.
Jasper the Dog: *lifts her leg a little and readjusts position couch happily*
Me: She moved her leg, and probably farted.
Mom: *rolling her eyes* She won't fart.
Me: Yeah you're probably-- *noxious fumes hit my nostrils* Oh! Oh my gawsh! *gasp cough* She farted!

Cue me and mom bursting into giggles.

::) We are so mature!

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #1522 on: December 19, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

^
I'm laughing. Dog farts are baaaaaaaaad!!
 ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #1523 on: December 19, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
One night we were all playing the UNO attack game. 
Basically it's a plastic doo-hickey that you load with UNO cards and when it's your turn you push the button and the doo-hickey shoots out cards at you.  You might get 1 card or you might get 100 (not literally).  I guess that's the "thrill" of the game, you don't know how many cards you're going to be dealt.
So, my FIL falls asleep at the table and when it's his turn my MIL announces it's his turn and she pushes the button.  Suddenly a bunch of cards fly out right in his face.  It was hilarious. ;D
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

3angels

« Reply #1524 on: December 26, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
I know better than to read this thread at work but it is irresistable. Now if I can just keep the snickers to a minimum so nobody finds out  >:D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1525 on: December 26, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
I laughed just now as Pirateboy2's Furby was in "evil mode" but when I played the Imperial March for it, the darned thing fell asleep.  I'm not sure what to think about that!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1526 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
My Mom recently got a new set of kitchen chairs. They're metal and were lots-of-assembly-required. Mom didn't like the fabric that was covering the seats, so she had my husband leave the seats off of the chair frames until she could find a different fabric for them.

One of Mom's cats likes to jump from the counter top to the fridge, and then will usually jump from the fridge to the chair when it wants to get down. Well, the cat didn't realize that the new chairs don't have seats on them yet. It was like cat basketball. The cat jumped off the fridge, aimed for the chair, and went straight through the empty space where the seat is supposed to go. The look of confusion was priceless.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1527 on: December 28, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!! That's one of those moments that make it hard for me to believe that moments that get on Funniest Home Videos are staged, cause I never seem to have my camera ready when stuff like that happens. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

oogyda

« Reply #1528 on: December 29, 2012, 07:26:44 PM »
Oogydad and I were visiting another couple.  The guys were working on their boat and friend and I were working on a newsletter for a group we belonged to.  The guys came in talking about "Stan", another guy they worked with.  They were talking about what a chatterbox Stan is and someone said "You'd have to be deaf to live with him."

Friend and just couldn't help laughing so hard we almost hurt ourselves.  Once we calmed down a teeny bit, we finally got the words out....

"She IS." 
"What?"
"Stan's wife IS deaf."

They thought we were horrible people for laughing at her handicap.
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1529 on: December 29, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »
Oogydad and I were visiting another couple.  The guys were working on their boat and friend and I were working on a newsletter for a group we belonged to.  The guys came in talking about "Stan", another guy they worked with.  They were talking about what a chatterbox Stan is and someone said "You'd have to be deaf to live with him."

Friend and just couldn't help laughing so hard we almost hurt ourselves.  Once we calmed down a teeny bit, we finally got the words out....

"She IS." 
"What?"
"Stan's wife IS deaf."

They thought we were horrible people for laughing at her handicap.

You're not, though, you're laughing at the irony in them saying that flippantly and it being true!  I would have busted a seam!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.