Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 336002 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1575 on: March 12, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
The beastchild forgot to close the door to the bathroom. He is giving a play by play of his... achievements.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1576 on: April 02, 2013, 01:53:16 PM »
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/easter-pageant-goes-wonderfully-brilliantly-wrong

Fast forward to the 1:20ish mark for the best @#$@ moment from an Easter pageant ever  ;D  (Note to self: don't use sparklers on set next to flammable scenery.)

Xandraea

« Reply #1577 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/easter-pageant-goes-wonderfully-brilliantly-wrong

Fast forward to the 1:20ish mark for the best @#$@ moment from an Easter pageant ever  ;D  (Note to self: don't use sparklers on set next to flammable scenery.)

I couldn't stop laughing! And the guy keeps singing thru all the chaos!   Rather impressive that the flames were out in less than a minute. Fast-acting people there. (Makes me wonder if they weren't sitting nearby with extinguishers just in case?)

exitzero

« Reply #1578 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »

I couldn't stop laughing! And the guy keeps singing thru all the chaos!   Rather impressive that the flames were out in less than a minute. Fast-acting people there. (Makes me wonder if they weren't sitting nearby with extinguishers just in case?)

This completely horrified me. There was not a lick of common sense of anyone in that building.

If you are in a building, and it catches on fire, leave. Just leave.

I kept thinking about those folks who died in the Station Night Club fire. If you did not exit that building within the first 90 seconds of the fire starting, chances were you did not leave alive.

The singer should have stopped singing and asked everyone to leave in an orderly fashion. The guys with the fire extinguishers should have been standing by. (If it was even legal for them to thave pyrotechnics in that building in the first place!)

"Jesus" was an idiot. You don't walk through flames, especially with a flowing robe on unless you really are the deity.

tiff019

« Reply #1579 on: April 04, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »

This completely horrified me. There was not a lick of common sense of anyone in that building.

If you are in a building, and it catches on fire, leave. Just leave.

I kept thinking about those folks who died in the Station Night Club fire. If you did not exit that building within the first 90 seconds of the fire starting, chances were you did not leave alive.

The singer should have stopped singing and asked everyone to leave in an orderly fashion. The guys with the fire extinguishers should have been standing by. (If it was even legal for them to thave pyrotechnics in that building in the first place!)

"Jesus" was an idiot. You don't walk through flames, especially with a flowing robe on unless you really are the deity.

And the bolded is yet another thing you probably shouldn't laugh at. Don't think I've ever heard 'Jesus was an idiot' before  >:D. (Though I do agree with you completely on how it SHOULD have been handled)

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #1580 on: April 10, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
Today the boys and I went to the park since they had an early dismissal from school.  As we were walking around the small lake, the boys got ahead of me and suddenly my middle child started yelling at a group of ducks, hissing, screaming, trying to scare them.  I yelled at him to stop as I hurried to catch up.

He said "But Mom, they're attacking another duck!  They're picking on this duck and I'm trying to get them to leave it alone!" I got closer and at first glance it did look like they were harassing another duck as one mallard had another duck's brown neck in its beak. 

And then I took another look...and realized that the mallard was on top of this other duck and that's why we could really only see the head of the bottom duck and I realized what my innocent child took to be "attacking" was really "mating".  I told him that's what his head and his facial expression changed from a combination of worry and outrage to blushing and giggling.

To be fair, ducks are pretty rape-y creatures.
Utah

Enigmatism

« Reply #1581 on: April 11, 2013, 05:47:56 AM »
Today the boys and I went to the park since they had an early dismissal from school.  As we were walking around the small lake, the boys got ahead of me and suddenly my middle child started yelling at a group of ducks, hissing, screaming, trying to scare them.  I yelled at him to stop as I hurried to catch up.

He said "But Mom, they're attacking another duck!  They're picking on this duck and I'm trying to get them to leave it alone!" I got closer and at first glance it did look like they were harassing another duck as one mallard had another duck's brown neck in its beak. 

And then I took another look...and realized that the mallard was on top of this other duck and that's why we could really only see the head of the bottom duck and I realized what my innocent child took to be "attacking" was really "mating".  I told him that's what his head and his facial expression changed from a combination of worry and outrage to blushing and giggling.

To be fair, ducks are pretty rape-y creatures.

I was 23 before I realised that the donkeys in the field near us weren't 'fighting' each other!  :-[

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1582 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »
I listen to the radio on the way home and sometimes when I get there, while I'm preparing his dinner, I sing to my feline while changing some of the lyrics to reflect his species. The other day it was Alicia Keys and then I realized that the only time it's appropriate to sing, "This cat is on fire" is on E-hell!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1583 on: April 15, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »
I listen to the radio on the way home and sometimes when I get there, while I'm preparing his dinner, I sing to my feline while changing some of the lyrics to reflect his species. The other day it was Alicia Keys and then I realized that the only time it's appropriate to sing, "This cat is on fire" is on E-hell!

Hahahahaha!  That's wonderful!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1584 on: April 18, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »

I sing to my cats too...the other day I was  carrying Basement Cat round the house, singing to her, "Our cat....is in the middle of our street!"
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1585 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »

I sing to my cats too...the other day I was  carrying Basement Cat round the house, singing to her, "Our cat....is in the middle of our street!"

I do it too.  Last night in fact.  The funny part is my cat was sitting on the other side of the shower curtain caterwauling.  I think he thinks I calling for help when I sing in the shower  ::).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

missanpan

« Reply #1586 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »

I do it too.  Last night in fact.  The funny part is my cat was sitting on the other side of the shower curtain caterwauling.  I think he thinks I calling for help when I sing in the shower  ::).

I am so glad to know that other people sing to or sing about their cats. I don't feel so weird now! Granted, one of my cats will give me some major stink eye while I sing.  Something that I should not laugh at as it irritates her even more.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1587 on: April 18, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »
I do it to my dogs, too.  The Eagle has a great laugh at some of my lyrics.  Remember Pizza Bagel commercials?  I made it a kennel time song to get the dogs into their kennels.  They do it every time, too.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1588 on: April 18, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »
I do it to my dogs, too.  The Eagle has a great laugh at some of my lyrics.  Remember Pizza Bagel commercials?  I made it a kennel time song to get the dogs into their kennels.  They do it every time, too.

lyrics please?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1589 on: April 18, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »
Kennel in the morning, kennel in the evening, kennel at leaving time. When the kennel's in the spare room, you can get kenneled any time!

(Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at dinner time. When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza any time!)