Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 315440 times)

IrishGenes

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1590 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »
Kennel in the morning, kennel in the evening, kennel at leaving time. When the kennel's in the spare room, you can get kenneled any time!

(Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at dinner time. When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza any time!)

I love that, and I don't have a dog!  ;D
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."  ~ The Talmud

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #1591 on: April 18, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »
Kennel in the morning, kennel in the evening, kennel at leaving time. When the kennel's in the spare room, you can get kenneled any time!

(Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at dinner time. When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza any time!)

Lol! My mother had a bath time song for her dog. When she sang it, the dog would walk towards the bathroom as though it were the gallows, while trying to sneak off into any empty corner along the way. My mother would march behind him, shooing him back on track whenever he tried. The song was based on Snow White's dwarves' work song (hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to bathe we go!). Have you ever seen a funeral procession to that tune? The dog thought it in terrible taste (everyone else laughed themselves silly at the sight).

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1592 on: April 19, 2013, 06:44:53 AM »
Hahahahaha! Now I know which song I'm going to sing next bath time!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1593 on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
All these songs are cracking me up!  Might have to remember that one the next time the cats have a vet appointment.   I don't imagine they'll be anymore amused than your mother's dog, Lady Disdain.

As it is, we have to hunt down one of our cats to get her into the carrier.  Bailey and Sherlock are easy.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #1594 on: April 19, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »
I always sing "I’m on a walk" ("I’m on a boat" by Lonely Island—warning, NSFW lyrics) when we take the dog for a walk because he gets soooooo excited to go, and then just gets totally in the zone once we’re walking. Neither he nor my SO find it nearly as amusing as I do.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1595 on: April 19, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »
I know that the events in Boston are ABSOLUTELY nothing to laugh at but something this morning did make me smile a little.

Since early in the morning the city has been under lockdown.  People were told to not leave their homes and to lock their doors.  Businesses were instructed not to open.  The public transit system was shut down. 

However, a doughnut shop near the police command area was allowed to open. 

I don't know what it's like in other countries but, in the US, police officers, doughnuts and coffee are as close as the Three Musketeers. 

mmswm

« Reply #1596 on: April 19, 2013, 02:38:04 PM »
I know that the events in Boston are ABSOLUTELY nothing to laugh at but something this morning did make me smile a little.

Since early in the morning the city has been under lockdown.  People were told to not leave their homes and to lock their doors.  Businesses were instructed not to open.  The public transit system was shut down. 

I don't know what it's like in other countries but, in the US, police officers, doughnuts and coffee are as close as the Three Musketeers.

Well, you do have to find amusement even in the worst of times, otherwise you'll go nuts.  On that note, my father has been harassing me since they released the information on the vehicle they are looking for.  Other than the fact that my car is tagged in a different state, they've described my car.  I drive the same make, model and color, and the actual digits on the tag number are only off by a little bit (one number and one letter are different, otherwise they're the same). 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1597 on: April 19, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
On that note, my father has been harassing me since they released the information on the vehicle they are looking for.  Other than the fact that my car is tagged in a different state, they've described my car.  I drive the same make, model and color, and the actual digits on the tag number are only off by a little bit (one number and one letter are different, otherwise they're the same).
Why is your father harassing you?  He doesn't suspect you are the other brother, does he? ???

If I had your car, I would keep it parked in the garage until they find the other bomber.  I would be afraid that the police/FBI would apprehend me because the car description is so similar.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Dr. F.

« Reply #1598 on: April 19, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
I frequently sing to the parrot while getting her dinner. The song?

"Feed the biiiird. Let her know it's dinnertime."

She loves it and tends to dance along.

mmswm

« Reply #1599 on: April 19, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »
Harassing as in teasing.  Sorry for the confusion.  It's all light hearted, but, with the way people can panic, I'm leaning towards not driving it for a day or two.  Simple logic would indicate that this is obviously not my car (like the fact that it's impossible to drive from Boston to Miami in this sort of a time frame), but people don't necessarily behave logically.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1600 on: April 19, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »

That is pretty funny.  One fbook friend joked that the news channel she was watching seemed to be getting their info about Boston from the 80's tv show Cheers.  "Still no word on how Cliff's date went."

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #1601 on: April 19, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
I am a rabbit owner, and I sing.

When I binky yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the bun who binkies next to you
When I jump up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the bun who jumps along with you

But I would hop 500 miles
And I would hop 500 more
Just to be the bun who hopped 1000 miles
To flop down at your door

Bunny bun bun! Bunny bun bun!
Bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun!

EMuir

« Reply #1602 on: April 19, 2013, 04:47:44 PM »

But I would hop 500 miles
And I would hop 500 more
Just to be the bun who hopped 1000 miles
To flop down at your door

Bunny bun bun! Bunny bun bun!
Bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun!

I love that! LOL!

Things not to laugh at: When you see your mother is eating while not watching the cat, and the cat manages to leap up on her lap and not only steal a french fry but knock one down for the dog too... bad cat.... LOL

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1603 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
We are Muse fans in our house and in the evenings my cat gets serenaded for dinner:

(To the tune of Madness)

Nummy-nummy-nummy-nummy
NOM-NOM-NOM
Nummy-nummy-nummy-nummy
NOM-NOM-NOM

I, I can't get these nommies out of my mind ...
And some kind of huuuuungry has started to evolve
(Nummy-nummy-nummy-nummy
NOM-NOM-NOM)

And when I look back, at all those tasty noms we've haaa-ad
It's like some kind of nommies are taking control
(Nummy-nummy-nummy-nummy
NOM-NOM-NOM)

But now I have finally seen the can
And I'm not expecting you to care
Just feed me ....

A bit of artistic liberties taken and with much apologies to Muse.   8)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1604 on: April 22, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
We sang to new foster cat Tangerine, aka Haydn:

WHERE-oH?
WHERE-er-er-oh?
Kitty's hidin' and he won't come out.
WHERE-oH?
WHERE-er-er-oh?
Kitty's hidin' and he won't come out.

I cannot find the kitty cat
(Kitty's hidin' and he won't come out.)
Got no inkling where he's at.
(Kitty's hidin' and he won't come out.)
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)