Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 343993 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1620 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
^^^   Poor cat.  He was just trying to practice his skateboarding.   :-\

Snooks

« Reply #1621 on: April 25, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »

Bottlecaps

« Reply #1622 on: April 25, 2013, 09:12:42 PM »
We don't sing to our cats, we argue with them.

Also, conversations with Chloe tend to go like this:
Howl from bedroom: "MeeeeeeYOW!"
DH: "What?" *Pets cat, tells her she's pretty, goes back to computer*
Howl from doorway: "MeeeerrYOW!"
DH: "WHAT?" *Pets cat more, gives her some skritches, goes back to computer*
From directly underneath the computer chair: "MEeeeeerrrOWWWW! MeeeerrOWWWW!"
DH: "WHAT?! Cat, seriously, what do you want?" *Husband is now fully disengaged from the computer*
Meaningful look: "Meeer!"
*Cat walks away to bedroom, plonks her butt back on the bed.*
DH follows and gives her a fifteen minute cuddle and some treats.
"Purrrrrrrrrrrr"

This happens at least twice a day. Nine pound cat wins the shouting match with the football coach every time. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's the wife and I'm the pet who takes up too much of the bed.

I hold conversations - or arguments, as the case may be - with my cat on a daily basis. Usually about food (he'll meow and run to his food cabinet twenty minutes after I just fed him), but sometimes about other things as well, such as my yarn, not getting on the computer desk when I'm trying to use the computer....the list goes on. Then again, sometimes we just have a nice, cutesy little conversations with lots of petting and cuddles and hugs. (He hugs me around the neck with his paws almost every time I pick him up, lol.)

I have a spoiled furbaby indeed, lol.
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1623 on: April 26, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
Things not to laugh at: When you see your mother is eating while not watching the cat, and the cat manages to leap up on her lap and not only steal a french fry but knock one down for the dog too... bad cat.... LOL

Things you REALLY should not laugh at (but can't help): When your mother is eating her supper at one end of the table, and the cat comes running, and leaps onto the table, thinking he'll stroll over for a bite, but instead hits a loose placemat, and goes sliding (I swear it was in slow motion) into Mother's plate, as she looks on in frozen horror, as the plate+cat+supper go careening into her lap....

The visual was awesome!!

At least once a week I have to tell a cat "No, I am not going to bed yet."

Tashigi

« Reply #1624 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
I'm not a Reddit regular but sometimes, I glance over there. Here's this for dark comedy: Based on the nature of their character, which Muppet would have the highest probable factor of successfully assassinating Hitler? http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1dcpjr/based_on_the_nature_of_their_character_which/

I particularly recommend the Statler and Waldorf thread for the darkest bits.

Bethczar

« Reply #1625 on: May 02, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
I'm not a Reddit regular but sometimes, I glance over there. Here's this for dark comedy: Based on the nature of their character, which Muppet would have the highest probable factor of successfully assassinating Hitler? http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1dcpjr/based_on_the_nature_of_their_character_which/

I particularly recommend the Statler and Waldorf thread for the darkest bits.
CRUD MONKEYS!, I'm crying from laughing!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1626 on: May 02, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
A friend posted on her Facebook how she was trying to teach her children (younger than 10) to be more aware of our impact on the environment.  Her son showed her a picture of a whale and she said, "Yes, honey, they're beautiful animals, aren't they?"  Her son apparently got a very sad look on his face and shook his head, "Yeah, but not when they're dead."

The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1627 on: May 06, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
This could go in one of several threads, so stuck it here.

Last night we took my parents out to dinner.
The event was a dinner (a delicious gourment buffet) followed by a stage show.
The entire evening was about 4 1/2 hours long.

During the evening, the theatre provided us with carafes of bottled water on the table.
It was a long night and we drank several carafes of water.

We got to talking about these lovely glass bottles and wondered about purchasing one as my mom has been looking for a glass pitcher or carafe for her fridge.

As we discussed the pros and cons of getting one, we realized that the carafe was really quite tall and perhaps would not fit in her fridge.

So my mom laid it down to see if the stopper was secure enough to store it that way.
Unfortunately, mom did not check to see if the stopper was actually fastened prior to taking a very full, large bottle of water and laying it down on the table.
With the neck pointed directly at her.
And the end hanging over the edge of the table.
And straight into her lap!  :o

It could not have been better executed if she had intended to pour a large amount of cold water into her lap!  ::)

Fortunately, it was dark as were her clothes. By the time she had to stand up, everything had dried.  :)

exitzero

« Reply #1628 on: May 08, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Co worker had 2 moving violations. She was petrified that she would get a third, because in our state, 3 moving violations in a year and you have to take an all day driver education class and pay for it yourself.

She drove so carefully....until the day someone in front of her stopped and she was in a hurry, so she beeped her horn. And she got a ticket for beeping her horn. I never HEARD of anyone getting a ticket for beeping their horn!

I tried my hardest to drum up some sympathy, but I just laughed and laughed.

PS, She tried to fight it, but lost. Apparently it's labeled "Misuse of a Motor Vehicle". Who knew?

Tashigi

« Reply #1629 on: May 09, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
Co worker had 2 moving violations. She was petrified that she would get a third, because in our state, 3 moving violations in a year and you have to take an all day driver education class and pay for it yourself.

She drove so carefully....until the day someone in front of her stopped and she was in a hurry, so she beeped her horn. And she got a ticket for beeping her horn. I never HEARD of anyone getting a ticket for beeping their horn!

I tried my hardest to drum up some sympathy, but I just laughed and laughed.

PS, She tried to fight it, but lost. Apparently it's labeled "Misuse of a Motor Vehicle". Who knew?

In NYC - though they are starting to take the signs down because it's a near lost cause, apparently.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1630 on: May 09, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
So what is the point of having a horn then? We ended up honking at someone the other day. They were at a side street/main drag intersection, just sitting there and you could see the driver was not paying attention to the road, but to either a map or something that the passenger was also paying attention to.  We sat for a good 5 minutes, and they had been fully stopped when we pulled up.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1631 on: May 09, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
After a semi truck flipped on the highway last week, I was treated to a 90-minute commute  (80 minutes longer than my normal commute!).  During that time, I heard a total of ONE car honk and that was a nice man back and to my right alerting me to the fact that he had left a space for me to slip in front of him as the highway was funneled down to a single lane.

Oklahoma traffic jams are a bit different than NYC.   ;D

exitzero

« Reply #1632 on: May 09, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »
So what is the point of having a horn then? We ended up honking at someone the other day. They were at a side street/main drag intersection, just sitting there and you could see the driver was not paying attention to the road, but to either a map or something that the passenger was also paying attention to.  We sat for a good 5 minutes, and they had been fully stopped when we pulled up.

I think it's ok for an emergency, or even a little "ahem", but apparently it's a violation if you lean on the horn to get someone to move.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1633 on: May 09, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »

I think it's ok for an emergency, or even a little "ahem", but apparently it's a violation if you lean on the horn to get someone to move.
It was just a tap, and my husband waffled about even doing that much, but we had to be someplace at a certain time.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1634 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

The signs are there because it's said to be a given that, in NYC, the brake pedal and the horn are automatically connected. When you hit one, you hit the other.