Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 323913 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1635 on: May 09, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
Bad font choices:

Now tell me - I can't be the only one who reads that as "urine festival," can I?  ;D ;D ;D

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1636 on: May 09, 2013, 10:55:42 PM »
Bad font choices:

Now tell me - I can't be the only one who reads that as "urine festival," can I?  ;D ;D ;D

Nope.  I saw it that way too.  And the color of the liquid in the glass doesn't help any!   ;D

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1637 on: May 10, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »
Bad font choices:

I saw wine first, but that could be my brain saying "I know what it's supposed to be!" After you pointed it out, though, I saw urine.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #1638 on: May 11, 2013, 04:49:17 AM »
Over in time for a coffee break there is a thread called 'more funny amazon reviews' and I was going to post this there - but the more I read, the more I felt it should be here.

I give you Fresh Whole Rabbit.  Please be forwarned that this is a meat product for sale to be eaten.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1639 on: May 11, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
Over in time for a coffee break there is a thread called 'more funny amazon reviews' and I was going to post this there - but the more I read, the more I felt it should be here.

I give you Fresh Whole Rabbit.  Please be forwarned that this is a meat product for sale to be eaten.
"I bought two, left them alone in the refrigerator for a week, and now I have thirty-eight.

Off to buy a bigger fridge."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1640 on: May 11, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »
I had a trainee today following me around.  We were in an area with many other coworkers, one of which was relating a story about how he rear-ended an elderly Hispanic couple (this is important), that there was no scratch on their car but he had really damaged his driving right up underneath their car and lifted it by the rear end.  Someone else said, "At least you didn't have to worry about hitting anyone in the trunk."

No, that is not what I laughed at.

It wasn't until my trainee and I were somewhere else that she  mentioned how she really didn't appreciate that racist comment.  I said, "Huh?  When?"  She said, "You know, the comment about the trunk."  That's when I started to laugh.  She gave me a disgusted look and I scrambled to explain.

"No, no, I'm not laughing at it.  I'm laughing because I thought he was talking about dead bodies!"  It never occurred to me that he was being racist; I seriously thought he was talking about dead bodies.  THAT made me laugh because, well, it's kind of disturbing.  Why did I think about dead bodies first?
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1641 on: May 11, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »
Why did I think about dead bodies first?

Because you're not racist! 

Well, either that or you have a habit of carrying around dead bodies in your trunk.   :-\ 
(j/k obviously  ;D)

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #1642 on: May 11, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »

Well, either that or you have a habit of carrying around dead bodies in your trunk.   :-\ 
(j/k obviously  ;D)

Wait.  I thought about dead bodies in the trunk, too...and I can't figure out how the original comment was racist...

Can someone explain?  Here or PM is fine.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1643 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »

(j/k obviously  ;D)

Wait.  I thought about dead bodies in the trunk, too...and I can't figure out how the original comment was racist...

Sneaking people northward.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #1644 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »

(j/k obviously  ;D)

Human smuggling - but not knowing the tone I would go at least it had a large trunk that protected anyone in the back seat.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1645 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

(j/k obviously  ;D)

Human smuggling - but not knowing the tone I would go at least it had a large trunk that protected anyone in the back seat.

Definitely going for human smuggling; thinking back, he definitely meant that with his tone.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #1646 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
Today is Mothers Day, so we all went out to brunch. DS (almost 4 years old) is learning how to use a knife. During the meal he announces, "I'm going to cut the cheese" and proceeds to cut a piece of cheese with his butter knife.

The adults managed to keep straight faces. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:02:48 PM by hermanne »
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Reika

« Reply #1647 on: May 12, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »
For some reason I thought #2 on this list was hilarious. Warning, it's on Cracked so there's going to be some strong language.

12 Most Terrifying Things Ever Invented for Babies

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1648 on: May 12, 2013, 04:14:09 PM »

(j/k obviously  ;D)

It can be considered racist and I know of an instance where something like this really happened. 

In the late 1960s I had a summer job at the Anthony Wayne pool and recreation area off the Pallisades Parkway in northern Rockland County, NY.  The place was discriminatory to begin with because it could only be reached by private car.  Buses were not allowed on the Parkway.  that meant that only small family groups could visit. Almost all of those family groups were white. 

It was discovered that a car which seemed to hold only six adults when it pulled into the parking lot actually contained six adults and four children.  The children were riding in the trunk of the car. 

No one was doing any smuggling.  The family just found it more convenient to let the kids ride in the
 trunk. The kids didn't seem to mind.  The State Troopers certainly minded.

Snooks

« Reply #1649 on: May 18, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of their new male cat "Scout" and when asked where the name came from replied "To Kill A Mockingbird", I decided against pointing out that Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird is a girl...