Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 316313 times)

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1695 on: July 16, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
My younger sister died unexpectedly at age 29.  My older sister and I didn't like the way the funeral home made her look in the casket (frumpy, which she was NOT) and decided to spiff her up by putting on her signature cateye black liner and thick lashes.  Let's just say hilarity ensued (it is not easy applying eye-makeup to a corpse, especially when your own is streaming down your face from tears of sadness and tears of laughter) and the funeral home people didn't know quite what to make of the spectacle!  We were sortof perched on top of her casket to get the best angles for the eye makeup, and also curled her hair, and I swear she smiled!  It remains a really sweet memory for my older sister and me. But we probably should not have been laughing.  :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1696 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
^^^  Yes, you were quite all right to have laughed.  Your sister would have wanted you to.   And I expect she was laughing harder than either of you!  :)

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #1697 on: July 16, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
Turtledove, you made me feel better about taking the bright pink lipstick the funeral home used on my father off his face. He would have hated it. It was definitely not his color.

deadbody

« Reply #1698 on: September 04, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
My grandmother is approaching 90, she now lives with my parents.  My parents have a tree in their front yard with a few dead branches.  Grandmother has complained about the branches.  Mom did not agree with my idea of telling Grandma "Those branches aren't as old as you and they are already dead.  Take the hint already."

Tashigi

« Reply #1699 on: September 07, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
Colbert Report's clip with the oddest combination: The NYC Subway kittens and NYC mayoral candidates http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/428877/september-05-2013/kitten-subway-crisis---nyc-mayoral-race?xrs=share_copy

It doesn't get to the disturbing until around the last third of the clip.

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #1700 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
My paternal grandmother died a few months ago. The opening line of the message in one relative's (genuinely kind and thoughtful) sympathy card to my father:

"I was so sorry to hear your mother died peacefully..."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1701 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:27 AM »
So on Saturday we went to the apple orchards with a small group of Bronies and then went to lunch afterwards.  As we're sitting at the table, this one guy was talking about watching some tv show with his brother when he was younger but he only saw three episodes.

One girl asked him what show it was and he says "Oh I don't know, some silly little kid show". 

For the uninitiated, "Bronies" are adult fans of the Hasbro/Hub show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", a show that was originally geared towards little girls who would be most likely to beg mommy and daddy to buy the toys.  But it garnered a rather unexpected following from adult males (and females) who love the show. 

I was trying very hard not to laugh at the irony when the girl who'd asked him for the name of the show remarked "Considering who we are, I don't think we really have the room to call anything a 'silly little kid show.'"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1702 on: October 04, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
Yup, he used THOSE leaves.  (Dude, leaves of three, leave them be!)  The only relief he could get was sitting in the leftover oatmeal after breakfast.

The mental image of big burly dude sitting, sans pants, in a pan of cold oatmeal...ROFLMAO.  Which is good, since my Benadryl hasn't kicked in yet... ::)

I HATE poison oak!!!

This reminds me of a story my friend told me. She took a course one summer, somewhere in Europe, then spent the rest of the time traveling to various countries, meeting up with various people, etc.  I think this happened in Greece, on a beach where clothing was optional. One of the guys she had met decided to take advantage of the "clothing optional" part, and proceeded to sunbathe, nekkid as a jaybird. And not realizing that the parts that normally don't see the sun will fry like an egg - esp when exposed for the very first time!  She said he pretty much dumped a bottle of aloe on his nether regions but still was in pain for several days!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1703 on: October 04, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
This reminds me of a story my friend told me. She took a course one summer, somewhere in Europe, then spent the rest of the time traveling to various countries, meeting up with various people, etc.  I think this happened in Greece, on a beach where clothing was optional. One of the guys she had met decided to take advantage of the "clothing optional" part, and proceeded to sunbathe, nekkid as a jaybird. And not realizing that the parts that normally don't see the sun will fry like an egg - esp when exposed for the very first time!  She said he pretty much dumped a bottle of aloe on his nether regions but still was in pain for several days!
I once fell asleep on the beach on an overcast day, not realizing that the ultraviolet rays pass through the clouds so one can get burned badly without ever feeling the warm sunshine on one's shoulders.  My whole backside blistered.  It was hard to go back to work and sit on a chair for 8 hours a day.  I sat on the edge of the seat so my upper thighs did not touch and avoided leaning back so that the blisters on my back wouldn't burst when I pressed against the chair back.  I don't want to think of how uncomfortable he must have been sitting on a sunburned, blistered keister. :-[
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1704 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
Ummm... I was thinking he burned the frontal region.  Which would be even more painful, I think.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Snooks

« Reply #1705 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
Someone on my Facebook has changed their profile picture to that of another person and announced it's to honor that person as it's the anniversary of that person passing away -the thing is they're a month early. I'm not a fan of public grieving but it you're going to do it at least check your dates!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1706 on: October 04, 2013, 06:33:32 PM »
Ummm... I was thinking he burned the frontal region.  Which would be even more painful, I think.
I have never heard of the frontal region referred to as "nether regions" before.  I'm sure that was painful, but at least it doesn't cause acute pain when one sits down.  OTOH, playing scrabble was probably not happening until he healed. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1707 on: October 04, 2013, 06:36:22 PM »
I have never heard of the frontal region referred to as "nether regions" before.  I'm sure that was painful, but at least it doesn't cause acute pain when one sits down.  OTOH, playing scrabble was probably not happening until he healed. >:D

I was just recalling Kaylee from Serenity/Firefly talking about not having anything between her nethers without batteries for far too long.   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #1708 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »
Nether regions refers to lower regions, so it could be either front or back. Or feet!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1709 on: October 04, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »

To me, nether regions are anything covered by my underwear (not bra, just panties) so it could be front, back, or in between!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.