Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 324353 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1710 on: October 04, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »
Ummm... I was thinking he burned the frontal region.  Which would be even more painful, I think.

I really think that we of the slightly dirtyminded and expecting the worrst work quite well together, don't ja'know?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1711 on: October 04, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
I think I may have mentioned that my youngest has been channeling Fluttershy (From My Little Pony) by taking a deep breath and whispering "Yay".   Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE

So the other day he was next to me when DH called to tell me about the incident with the US Capitol, that that shots were fired.  I had inhaled sharply in surprise and my youngest whispered "Yay!"

I couldn't help it, I laughed.  I didn't find the situation with the capitol funny, but Piratebabe's timing was.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1712 on: October 09, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
http://cnt.likealaugh.org/151Pedrinho/20130827-140045-151-274.jpg

Posting a link instead of the actual picture due to language.

This is Santa's hardcore Icelandic twin.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #1713 on: October 09, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »

Loving the bored mother.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #1714 on: October 09, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »
When we were arranging for Mom's grave, I had to explain to sis why the cemetery brought up the Masons memorial being visible from some of the locations. (Mom was Catholic)

Apparently the statement  that the KofC and Masons didn't always see each other as fraternal organizations worshiping the same God was hilarious. The gentleman had to excuse himself, he got the door shut before he burst out laughing.

Honestly I was just trying to not launch into a 30 minute lecture on the history of the two organizations.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1715 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
When we were arranging for Mom's grave, I had to explain to sis why the cemetery brought up the Masons memorial being visible from some of the locations. (Mom was Catholic)

Apparently the statement  that the KofC and Masons didn't always see each other as fraternal organizations worshiping the same God was hilarious. The gentleman had to excuse himself, he got the door shut before he burst out laughing.

Honestly I was just trying to not launch into a 30 minute lecture on the history of the two organizations.
KofC is a grown-up version of "Seekrit Club -- no GIRLZ alloud."  From what I've heard, most men's fraternal organizations are the same way.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stormtreader

« Reply #1716 on: October 10, 2013, 06:35:06 AM »

Loving the bored mother.

Me too, I really want to read whatever the rest of that thread was now! :D

cwm

« Reply #1717 on: October 10, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »

KofC is a grown-up version of "Seekrit Club -- no GIRLZ alloud."  From what I've heard, most men's fraternal organizations are the same way.

And then you had the International Order of the Odd Fellows. We actually have an old OddFellows house near my city that's turned from an orphanage/several old folks' homes/a hospital into a winery and haunted buildings. It's really neat.

Basically the OddFellows took anyone who couldn't get membership into the "exclusive" clubs. They were just the odd fellows who didn't belong elsewhere.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1718 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »
Basically the OddFellows took anyone who couldn't get membership into the "exclusive" clubs. They were just the odd fellows who didn't belong elsewhere.
I'm not a "joiner."  To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept someone like me as a member. >:D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:03:39 PM by Midnight Kitty »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

snowfire

« Reply #1719 on: October 11, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
Just went to the funeral of my Mom's cousin today.  On the way from the church to the cemetery the hearse ran over a big chunk of tire tread on the freeway and it did some serious damage to the underside.  They had to call for a backup hearse & they ended up with the casket in the back of an SUV, not a traditional hearse.  The pastor said that it was just like Cousin to be late to his own funeral.  Cousin's daughter said that they should have just put him in the back of her pickup truck. He would have thought that it was hilarious.

I wonder what the people driving by on the freeway thought about a casket being moved from one vehicle to another on the side of the road.

exitzero

« Reply #1720 on: October 12, 2013, 09:02:19 AM »
Just went to the funeral of my Mom's cousin today.  On the way from the church to the cemetery the hearse ran over a big chunk of tire tread on the freeway and it did some serious damage to the underside.  They had to call for a backup hearse & they ended up with the casket in the back of an SUV, not a traditional hearse.  The pastor said that it was just like Cousin to be late to his own funeral.  Cousin's daughter said that they should have just put him in the back of her pickup truck. He would have thought that it was hilarious.

I wonder what the people driving by on the freeway thought about a casket being moved from one vehicle to another on the side of the road.

This would have made my week if I had been one of those people driving by!

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #1721 on: October 12, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
This happened sixteen years ago

The background: My sister was very involved in her high school and coordinated many of the graduation activities when she was a senior. One of those was ordering the class flowers for the graduation ceremony. Every student carried one. Not sure why; it was tradition.

Dad, being dad, was a man who knew everyone, including the local florist. He offered to help get these flowers for my sister through his florist friend. He gets an estimate, my sister thinks it's reasonable and they order. Turns out, there was a slight misunderstanding due to the language barrier (the florist only spoke Spanish and my sister's Spanish wasn't great). Say my sister want 10 dozen stems and the florist heard, well, it was a lot more. As is we had Home Depot buckets of flowers everywhere! I think we the entire available inventory of tulips for the southwestern United States in our living room. Good thing no one was allergic.

Dad being dad, paid for the mistake. My sister being a high school senior, was embarrassed, but took what she needed for the graduation ceremony and made us all swear to never mention it. Yeah right, that many tulips, it's going to get talked about.

The crush of tulips arrived on a Friday morning. My sister graduated on that Friday evening. Dad passed away unexpectedly two days later. End background.

My sister and mother were helping me move into a new apartment at the time. We were three hours from home when it happened. So we dropped everything and started driving home. The three of us were feeling so out of sorts. We are all in different places, emotionally. Whatever, we are just focused on getting home to my poor brother (he found Dad) in one piece.

I don't remember who said it, but we each admitted thinking it later: At least we won't have to order flowers for the funeral. As soon as that thought was spoken aloud, my sister, my mother and I lost it. Howling laughter through our tears and shock. It was enough to bring us back to ourselves and get us home.

I think it those tulips as Dad's last family joke and can't help but smile when I see tulips. Dad would have been the first person to mention them and he would have laughed the most.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:02:30 PM by Valentines Mommy »

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1722 on: October 12, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »
^^^  That's a sad, but incredibly sweet story.  His last gift to you was not the tulips.  It was the gift of laughter.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1723 on: October 14, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »
^^^  That's a sad, but incredibly sweet story.  His last gift to you was not the tulips.  It was the gift of laughter.

This.

*sniffle*
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #1724 on: October 14, 2013, 10:41:38 PM »
Thanks. Dad loved a good laugh.