Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 316515 times)

Snooks

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1755 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Is Mary staring at their front door?!  That'd scare the cr*p out of me everytime I left the house.

greencat

« Reply #1756 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
Is Mary staring at their front door?!  That'd scare the cr*p out of me everytime I left the house.
They moved the statues around some since I took the photos.  I'm...actually not sure where Mary is anymore.  The two statues by the road are no longer there - I suspect that someone complained about how, in the dark, they look like actual people about to walk across the street.  That, incidentally, was my first reaction to them when I came home after work and grocery shopping, in the dark, to discover the new additions!

DangerousKitten

« Reply #1757 on: November 30, 2013, 03:29:45 AM »
Me and my friends are absolutely terrible about this.

For about six months I was living with my then BF (now fiance) 'Wolf' and his friend 'Jay'. They had a very 'bachelor' set up and are fond of some pretty out there humour. Also we are all roleplay geeks who met at a World of Darkness roleplaying game club.

To set the tone, Jay is part Welsh, and one of the running jokes in the house was about his propensity for shall we say sheep romance, and the use of leeks as marital aids.

When Jay found out I had Gypsy ancestry, he managed to get a copy of a defunct but famously clueless/racist book by World of Darkness called 'Gypsies', and that, and applying to me the ideas within, were the source of much laughter for months.

To give you an idea of just how bad this book is:

Gypsies are a 'supernatural template' (a category in these games that includes any non-human, magical entity). So they are in the same category as Vampires, Werewolves, sewn-together animated corpses, etc.

Their power level is based on the 'purity' of their Gypsy blood.

Their skills include stealing, fortune-telling, and cursing, and stabbing people...

We had fun coming up with how the company at the time might have treated different ethnicities - supernaturally mathematically skilled East Asians, with ninja stealth abilities? White people with magic colonial land-stealing powers?

Then we moved on to the imaginary WW sourcebook: The Gays...

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1758 on: November 30, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
As I was reading this thread, Buddy the Cat fell off the printer all the way down to the floor.  The printer is one of his favorite perches.   He was taking a bath.

Oh, the indignity! ;D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1759 on: November 30, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
As I was reading this thread, Buddy the Cat fell off the printer all the way down to the floor.  The printer is one of his favorite perches.   He was taking a bath.

Oh, the indignity! ;D

Yeah but did he give you an "I MEANT to do that!" look before he stalked off, tail held high?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1760 on: December 01, 2013, 02:06:26 AM »

Oh, the indignity! ;D

Yeah but did he give you an "I MEANT to do that!" look before he stalked off, tail held high?
Of course! That goes without saying. ;)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1761 on: December 01, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »

Oh, the indignity! ;D

Of course! That goes without saying. ;)
They'd revoke his Cat Membership Card if he didn't. :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1762 on: December 02, 2013, 05:39:26 AM »
DS's epic tantrums make me laugh sometimes. And then I get "It NOT funny, Mummy!!!" Um yeah, it is lol. Thankfully, he doesn't have many and they don't last very long.  Usually I just leave him safe on the carpet to get on with it and then 2 minutes later, it's out of his system and he's forgotten.

I know I shouldn't laugh!  :D
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1763 on: December 03, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »
We have a "thanksgiving circle" before we eat turkey with our friends every Thanksgiving.  We all join hands in a circle and each person in turn says what they are thankful for.  Our niece said she is thankful for our Founding Fathers and all the Presidents.  Cue suppressed snickers.  Niece: I'm serious! This is serious stuff! Really.

We luvs our nieces to pieces. :-*

Marcus Aurelius

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1764 on: December 03, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
We were in Illinois for a wedding this weekend, and DH was driving MIL's van. It's important to know that things are pretty spread out, and DH and I aren't terribly familiar with the area. MIL/FIL live in a small town 45 minutes away from SIL, which is about an hour and a half away from where the wedding was. On the one hand, thank goodness for GPS, but on the other hand, we don't actually know where anything is because we rely on the GPS.

So, the wedding reception was finally over, everything was cleaned up, we had dropped off SIL's wedding gifts at her house and were heading back to MIL/FIL's house. As I said, DH was driving, and unbeknownst to him, his mom's van had a headlight out. He got stopped by a very nice police officer who gave him a fix it ticket. The officer walked up, gave the "do you know why I stopped you...where are you headed tonight" spiel. DH explained we're from out of town, it's his parent's vehicle, and we're headed back to Town A. Up to that point, the officer had been nodding along, but when DH told him where we were heading, the officer gave him a weird look. He took another look at everyone in the van, and slowly said, "Sir, you're headed the wrong way. Town A is that way," pointing over his shoulder.

The look on DH's face...Oh my, I cracked up. And that line quickly made the rounds around the family. I think it has the makings of a family joke that gets repeated forever :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

cwm

« Reply #1765 on: December 03, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »
Sis was telling us the story of why Sproglet's daddy can't take her out while he's wearing his kermit shirt. Because she loudly proclaims the fact that her daddy has a frog shirt. Except she's still learning fine pronounciation. It comes out as two expletives.

The funny part was that sis was explaining about his Kermit shirt, and Sproglet, cute as can be, said "Frog shirt" plain as day, didn't sound like any curse words at all. We're convinced she's playing him and just doesn't like the shirt.

My response was a quick and simple, "Well DUH!"

Sproglet quickly echoed me. "Well DUUUHHHH!"

Mom slapped my arm behind Sproglet's back, but it was very audible, and I said OWWW! Sis glared at mom and said, "Well I'll blame Cwm if she starts saying duh, but I'll blame YOU if she starts hitting people."

Sproglet interjected. "Well DUHHHHH!" The entire table erupted in laughter.

greencat

« Reply #1766 on: December 03, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »
One of my half-grown kittens is currently moving small objects out of my bedroom for his siblings on the other side of the door to play with.  The bedroom door is closed - he's carrying them to the door in his mouth and then batting them under the door.   :o  Sometimes they come flying back.

I also probably shouldn't laugh at the little tiny baby kitten falling all over herself - she's only a month old, so she's not very coordinated at all!

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #1767 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »
One of my half-grown kittens is currently moving small objects out of my bedroom for his siblings on the other side of the door to play with.  The bedroom door is closed - he's carrying them to the door in his mouth and then batting them under the door.   :o  Sometimes they come flying back.

I also probably shouldn't laugh at the little tiny baby kitten falling all over herself - she's only a month old, so she's not very coordinated at all!

I used to have a blind kitten with neurological difficulties. Talk about things you shouldn't laugh at...but, oh, we did. Constantly. She was always having a grand ol' time so I'm pretty sure she thought we were laughing *with* her.

Tashigi

« Reply #1768 on: December 09, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »
One should not be surprised, but... clearly, feral cats have no reverence for Nativity scenes.

What makes it better:
Annette also says that when she does place the infant figurine of baby Jesus on the bale of hay, the cats push the the figurine off and their rightful spot on the bale.

More pictures and the full story: http://rljrnews.com/?p=343
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:03:28 PM by Tashigi »

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1769 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »
One should not be surprised, but... clearly, feral cats have no reverence for Nativity scenes.

What makes it better:
Annette also says that when she does place the infant figurine of baby Jesus on the bale of hay, the cats push the the figurine off and their rightful spot on the bale.

More pictures: http://rljrnews.com/?p=343
Why should they? There are no figurines of Bast there, after all!
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.