Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 375114 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1875 on: January 17, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
As we prepared for my Mum for collection by the undertaker, I wanted her false teeth put in.  It was hard to do as her mouth was not only very dry but her gums had shrunk after 4 months of refusing to wear her false teeth.

I looked at Mum and was horrified then blurted out, "Mum would just die if she was buried looking like this!"   (her teeth look like horses teeth)  So so wrong but never the less we had tears of laughter mixing with our tears of grief.

After my grandfather's funeral my two sisters and I and a BIL went to a restaurant for dinner.  We had a great time telling stories about Grandpa and laughing our heads off.  He loved laughter; I think he would have approved. 

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #1876 on: January 17, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
Dogs + Sticks + Narrow openings = hilarity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aorpENAK5Xk

Awww...the dog at around 1:30 almost had it. You could see her working it out and tilting the stick - but all the dogs insist on holding the stick in the middle and so their efforts are futile.  :-\

Didn't stop me from laughing my patootie off at it though. ;D
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1877 on: January 18, 2014, 12:54:52 AM »
Dogs + Sticks + Narrow openings = hilarity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aorpENAK5Xk

Awww...the dog at around 1:30 almost had it. You could see her working it out and tilting the stick - but all the dogs insist on holding the stick in the middle and so their efforts are futile.  :-\

Didn't stop me from laughing my patootie off at it though. ;D
Of course you hold the stick in the middle -- that's where it balances!  That's about the sum total of dog physics.*

I like the first one, where she keeps jumping through the fence. "See, stick, this is how you do it!  Right through the fence, just like this."

*Tasha, out on the chain in the back yard, had some inkling of physics a bit higher.  "Hm, I ran around the tree and now my chain is shorter.  Maybe I'd better run around the tree again!"  Of course, it would have helped if she had run in the other direction, instead of around the tree in the same direction...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1878 on: January 23, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »
In hospital, post-operative, can't pee.  So in goes the catheter, which stayed in overnight.

The charge nurse, who put it in, tells me 'Well, you can't go outside now, you'll never get shoes to go with that bag!'

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #1879 on: January 23, 2014, 08:33:58 PM »
In hospital, post-operative, can't pee.  So in goes the catheter, which stayed in overnight.

The charge nurse, who put it in, tells me 'Well, you can't go outside now, you'll never get shoes to go with that bag!'

...what about jelly sandals?  >:D hahahahahah...

*ahem* :-[
sorry
*slinks off*
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1880 on: January 23, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

...what about jelly sandals?  >:D hahahahahah...

*ahem* :-[
sorry
*slinks off*

;D Don't apologise, that was the first thing I thought of too!

Copper Horsewoman

« Reply #1881 on: January 27, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
My BIL's leg was crushed in a motorcycle accident many years ago. His femur was held together for a year by a titanium rod, which was removed after the bone regrew.

He used it as a jack handle.

I am coming late to this thread very late, but have to add:  I am an avid rider. Unrelated to riding (I fell on ice) I broke my ankle badly and had to have surgical repair including a titanium plate and screws.  A year later, these were removed and now the plate is affixed to my saddle in the place one usually has a nameplate.  When asked about the no-name metal plate I tell people it's to remind me never to get on a horse named "Bucky", even if he IS a buckskin.  Some people get it and laugh nervously, some look at me blankly.  People who know me ask how my back is.....I really did have a spectacular crash off Buckaroo Banzai.
Actually, it reminds me not to take silly chances.  I have ridden Zoom, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Bucky, Voodoo, and owned "Wild Nights".  Gave up jumping horses when I realized I not only HAVE a favorite orthopedic surgeon, he recognizes me at the grocer's.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1882 on: January 29, 2014, 07:29:07 AM »
Just have to say, as a fan of The Rolling Stones, I love that a horse is called Jumpin' Jack Flash.  :)  I bet riding him was a gas gas gas! ;)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Reika

« Reply #1883 on: January 29, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
Somehow I managed to keep a straight face at the way my manager's manager swiveled her head to look at my manager when the two of us brought up how far behind we were on reports due to not being given time off the phone to work them. The overtime I did that was supposed to be spent on the reports was spent on the phones instead.

So today I get to start digging my out of the hole.

Copper Horsewoman

« Reply #1884 on: January 30, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »
Just have to say, as a fan of The Rolling Stones, I love that a horse is called Jumpin' Jack Flash.  :)  I bet riding him was a gas gas gas! ;)

Most of the time, yeah. But every now and then, the race bell went off (ex-racehorse) and he kicked in the afterburners. Turn? nope. Halt? you gotta be kidding.  Once, in a metal-sided indoor arena, he took off.  I tried like crazy to turn him before we hit the wall....no go.  I was just looking for a good spot to "emergency dismount" when he did a full-speed right-angle turn.  I kept going straight, about horse-high, into the corrugated metal wall.  Fortunately, I had a half-somersault in the air and hit boots-first, or I would have re-arranged my face.  I was laughing like a loon when my riding instructor got to me. Usually, I'm "stickier" than that, but it was so sudden it contravened the laws of momentum.....

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #1885 on: February 01, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
I convinced DS (4.5 years old) to try some real licorice. He then took sips of DH's coffee to get the taste of licorice out of his mouth.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1886 on: February 18, 2014, 06:07:18 PM »
There was a time *when they'd still fall for it* when DH used to tell the boys that olives were black grapes. :)

It's wrong but I can't help giggle when the little one realizes I've said "no" to something he wanted. Usually it goes like this:

Piratebabe: Want wat' Tummas? (Thomas)
Me: No, not now, sweetie.
Piratebabe: Yay!

He starts to walk towards the movie cabinet with a grin, then he stops and his little face crumples when he realizes I said yes and he either starts to pout or cry.  It's wrong to laugh at it but it's just funny how it's kind of a double take reaction.

Also funny, he went up to our cat Sherlock and petted him saying "Aww, Shewwy, nice kitty!"  He was very gentle with him, but the cat gave me this look as though he was thinking "I deserve to be canonized for putting up with him..."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #1887 on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »
One should not laugh at a small child taking a face dive into a pile of diapers.

When my little cousins were young they lived with my mom and me for about 3 years. During the time I bullied my mom into buying cloth diapers because... Well lots of reasons. To spite Cousins' neglectful parents was one, money was another. But Mom and I had a deal and I abided by it.

For an unknown reason (because I was a super lazy preteen... I used the kids as retrievers once they could both walk. xP) I loves hanging laundry outside to dry. There's no good reason why, I just did. And so the diapers were line dried (and sometimes bleached with vinegar and sunshine. My cousins had sensitive heinies.)

Invariably, if I didn't put the freshly dried diapers away fast enough (and sometimes when I did...) I would catch my little girl cousin face first in the basket, her rump in the air, sniffing and giggling.

The Twerking fad leaves me crying laughing, remembering Cousin's Diaper Dive Dance.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Tashigi

« Reply #1888 on: February 20, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »
My BIL's leg was crushed in a motorcycle accident many years ago. His femur was held together for a year by a titanium rod, which was removed after the bone regrew.

He used it as a jack handle.

I am coming late to this thread very late, but have to add:  I am an avid rider. Unrelated to riding (I fell on ice) I broke my ankle badly and had to have surgical repair including a titanium plate and screws.  A year later, these were removed and now the plate is affixed to my saddle in the place one usually has a nameplate.  When asked about the no-name metal plate I tell people it's to remind me never to get on a horse named "Bucky", even if he IS a buckskin.  Some people get it and laugh nervously, some look at me blankly.  People who know me ask how my back is.....I really did have a spectacular crash off Buckaroo Banzai.
Actually, it reminds me not to take silly chances.  I have ridden Zoom, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Bucky, Voodoo, and owned "Wild Nights".  Gave up jumping horses when I realized I not only HAVE a favorite orthopedic surgeon, he recognizes me at the grocer's.

Not quite as exciting but the Gentleman Friend had a condition that resulted in one of his legs being about 1-2 inches shorter than the other. He, being the vain teenager that he was, opted to have shorter leg stretched instead of having the longer leg cut down to size (also, actually the more practical plan because having the longer leg cut would have resulted in him having a pin in his femur for the rest of his life, making any future air travel something of an ordeal).

His idea of breaking the ice one boring afternoon was to hand me one of the screws used in stretching his leg.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1889 on: February 21, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »
Okay I have one. So there was a story on one of the NotAlways sites. It involved (in the end anyway) two resturaunt workers and their manager huddled on a table and chair, screaming at the health inspector to "KILL IT" What was it you ask? A centipede.

So I send the link to my friend. Just so you know friend is a big hulking guy, who looks like he could probably pass for a biker.

I get the reply from him "Yeah. That would be me"

*Grins* My big hulking friend is afraid of bugs. I laughed like a loon, and then promised to protect him from them, if he would protect me from the dead animals (we might be coworkers soon).