Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 316425 times)

greencat

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1890 on: February 21, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »
I stopped to pick up fast food on my way home tonight, and the guy working the drive through window had some tattoos on his arm.  There was a man's name...Clint.  Then a woman's name...Miranda (not actually what the names were, but you get the idea) and I figure these are for his kids or something...then he turns his arm a little more and the last name on the list is...Oreo.

I was so glad he was giving me my change at that point and I could drive off...

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1891 on: February 21, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
I stopped to pick up fast food on my way home tonight, and the guy working the drive through window had some tattoos on his arm.  There was a man's name...Clint.  Then a woman's name...Miranda (not actually what the names were, but you get the idea) and I figure these are for his kids or something...then he turns his arm a little more and the last name on the list is...Oreo.

I was so glad he was giving me my change at that point and I could drive off...

Maybe Oreo is the dog? Otherwise, I got nuthin.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1892 on: February 28, 2014, 09:09:26 PM »
This evening I made a quick stop at the store on my way home from work.   If I do say so myself,  I was  looking quite spiffy (I finally bought some new clothes that actually fit).   A young man on a bike rode past me,  did a double take,  and promptly crashed. He was fine btw and did laugh at himself.

It was quite the compliment,  probably the nicest nonverbal one I've ever received. My Dh thought it was pretty funny too.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1893 on: February 28, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
This evening I made a quick stop at the store on my way home from work.   If I do say so myself,  I was  looking quite spiffy (I finally bought some new clothes that actually fit).   A young man on a bike rode past me,  did a double take,  and promptly crashed. He was fine btw and did laugh at himself.

It was quite the compliment,  probably the nicest nonverbal one I've ever received. My Dh thought it was pretty funny too.

Soooo glad this was posted in the things you should not laugh at... because right now I am laughing so hard.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1894 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

Soooo glad this was posted in the things you should not laugh at... because right now I am laughing so hard.

Ha!  You're correct.   I meant to post this in the  "don't do that" thread.   I guess this one sort of works... I mean,  it's not nice to laugh at others' misfortunes.   :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

greencat

« Reply #1895 on: February 28, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »

Ha!  You're correct.   I meant to post this in the  "don't do that" thread.   I guess this one sort of works... I mean,  it's not nice to laugh at others' misfortunes.   :P

My friends have had several good laughs at young men running into things while staring at my, err, assets.   >:D

Dawse

« Reply #1896 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
My kitten has just been to the vet to get, erm, 'fixed'. He is currently wibbling all over my living room with a shaved bum, looking pathetic. I should not be giggling at him. I shouldn't. It's not nice of me. I'm being very, very mean, laughing at his undignified wibbling.

But it's just so funny.
'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'

greencat

« Reply #1897 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:29 PM »
My kitten has just been to the vet to get, erm, 'fixed'. He is currently wibbling all over my living room with a shaved bum, looking pathetic. I should not be giggling at him. I shouldn't. It's not nice of me. I'm being very, very mean, laughing at his undignified wibbling.

But it's just so funny.

I laughed at my kitty trying to go through a small space with the Cone of Shame on his head after his orchidectomy :)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1898 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »
This could also probably go in one of the nerdy jokes threads, but this.  (Picture hyperlinked because it includes non-eHell-approved language.)

I don't know why this struck me as so funny, but I'm still giggling my head off a good five minutes later  ;D ;D ;D

greencat

« Reply #1899 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »
I took my car-less coworker to the grocery store today, and a guy ran his cart into a support pole because he was looking at me.  I managed to wait until after we were out of earshot to start snickering 8)  He just looked so surprised when his cart stopped...

Tashigi

« Reply #1900 on: March 08, 2014, 01:57:47 AM »

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1901 on: March 08, 2014, 08:34:22 AM »
I took my car-less coworker to the grocery store today, and a guy ran his cart into a support pole because he was looking at me.  I managed to wait until after we were out of earshot to start snickering 8)  He just looked so surprised when his cart stopped...

Last night, I stopped at Walgreen's on my way home.  I had on this a cute little dress (it got way too cold to have worn it, stupid weather), but I had another guy nearly crash his bike and another one who walked into the giant pillar thing by the front door because they were checking me out. They were side by side, walking kind of slow and chatting with each other, with the guy on the bike kind of walking it vs riding it, so he caught himself barely, the other guy walked face first into the concrete pillar. I laughed, I just couldn't help it, they looked kind of sheepish.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1902 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
...I had another guy nearly crash his bike and another one who walked into the giant pillar thing by the front door because they were checking me out...

Wasn't this one of the challenges in Memories of a Geisha?  :)

bridalviolet

« Reply #1903 on: March 12, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »
My aunt once told me a story way long ago about my cousin when he was a toddler. She realized she needed to control her language around him when one day out of the blue he started slapping the tray of his high chair while repeatedly shouting out the 'GD' word. Every time I think of what that must have sounded like, I'm not horrified by this little kid screaming out cussing like that. I'm sorry to say, I find myself giggling....

My niece did that! We were all sitting around the table, just chilling out, when niece started singing to herself under her breath. One word, over and over and over. The S dash dash dash word. Over and over. We didn't want to make a fuss, since that would've just made her fixate on it more, but oh, we laughed afterwards. She has her Daddy's mouth and her Momma's language. :)

My niece was just about two years old and was with her mother at the fabric store. At that age her favorite phrase was "What's that?" So she pointed at a bolt of fabric nearby and said, "What's that?"
Her mother said, "That's fabric."
"F*ggot?" said my niece in a piercing tone.
"No, honey, fabric."
"F*ggot!" repeated niece. "F*ggot, f*ggot, f*ggot..."
Her mother couldn't leave the store fast enough. Niece is now 20 and I still die laughing over this.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1904 on: March 15, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »
My desk is in a small, second floor lobby at a reception desk. 99% of the traffic is my coworkers.

As I was getting ready to leave today, I had some very bad gas. It was pretty offensive. :o
I keep a small bottle of air freshener in my purse for just such emergencies so I gave a tiny spritz and carried on.

I guess it was a pretty potent air freshener.
A few minutes later, one of my coworkers came by and asked if anyone was burning something as he thought he smelled incense.

Um...no, no incense... ::)

Then he and another coworker discussed how they smelled scented candle..

By now I was in too deep to get out without total mortification and couldn't bring myself to explain I'd had to cover up my gas.  8)

It was both funny and totally embarrassing at the same time.