The Good Things in Life > Extending the hand of kindness

PSA: Are you trained in CPR and AED use?

(1/8) > >>

CluelessBride:
The blood donation thread inspired me to start this thread.

Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death in the US.  CPR and defibrillators can save lives by restarting the heart, but quick action is critical and so starting resuscitation attempts before emergency personel arrive can be helpful.

Are you trained in CPR and AED use?  How recent is your training?

AEDs are everywhere now, and they are fairly easy to use (some even make CPR easier). But you don't want the first time you ever see one to be in an emergency. 

Courses are available through the Red Cross, the AHA, and many community groups. 

Feel free to share your stories about training or about lives changed by first responders using CPR or defibrillators to inspire each other to  get trained and keep the training fresh.  We can make a difference!

Animala:
I've had my First Aid/CPR training for year mostly due to working with children.  I've had to use it twice on my son when he was a baby and choking and I hope I never have to use it again.  I've let the certification laps, but I should be getting recertified in the fall.

Bellantara:
I'm trained in both, but it's been over five years since my certification was current. (used to be a security guard and volunteered at the airport before 9/11)

AprilRenee:
I've been trained pretty much since I was a teenager (about 11 years or so) I just renewed a couple of months ago. I've never had to use it, thank goodness.

Morrigan:

--- Quote from: Bellantara on June 05, 2010, 01:03:05 AM ---I'm trained in both, but it's been over five years since my certification was current. (used to be a security guard and volunteered at the airport before 9/11)

--- End quote ---

Same.  Security guard 3 years ago, but it lapsed 2 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version