Author Topic: Pink Icecream and the Beach  (Read 10476 times)

tallone

Pink Icecream and the Beach
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »
So the weekend before last I visited my friends on the coast, Tallgirlfriend in tow, and we decided to go to the ebach one day. Tallgirlfriend sadly has been to the beach less than a dozen times in her whole life! As someone who lived two minutes from the beach most of my life and would go there a dozen times a week this was intolerable and had to be rectified!

So I decided to give her the full dya at the beach: Up early for the first surf, pick a great spot to lay down your towels, swimming all morning fish and chips for lunch and icecream for afternoon tea before relaxing in the sun with a good book on a quiet part of the beach. We had a great time all day, and had just finished lunch so while she waited for the bill I went to get our icecream from the parlour across the road.

Tallgirlfriend specifically requested "the pink one." Great for my masculine image, but I suppose I can carry it for a few seconds before I catch on fire. I was just waiting in line to pay at the nearby ice cream parlour, giant pink waffle cone next to boring chocolate cone in the tray before me when two younger guys strolled in.

Super-Macho-Fifteen-Year-Old (or SMFYO) was behind me and proudly declared he'd have rum and raisin *giggle rum! giggle*. SMFYO then conversed with his friend, loudly, about how only men who enjoyed the company of other men *giggle giggle* could ever eat the pink icecream. *chuckle, guffaw* First I ignored it but as they continued to talk and then nudged me to ask me my opinion*what do you think mate? giggle giggle*, I turned around and fixed them with my best "Shut up about the icecream or you'll wear it" glare. They were both wearing these big idiotic grins and obviously thought they were hilarious so in the end I just shrugged and turned away. Then they started a new topic of conversation: Who was that smoking hot girl across the street? asked SMFYO. You should go talk to her, declared SMFYO's friend.

As they debated going to talk to this mystery woman I calmly paid, thanked the server and walked across the road to hand over the giant pink icecream to my smoking hot girlfriend who proceeded to eat the icecream while loudly declaring her love for me and for pink icecream as eloquently as she could. I paid the bill and we strolled across the road, their eyes following us the whole time I swear their jaws hit the ground! 

I just smiled back at them as I accepted a taste of Tallgirlfriends delicious strawberry icecream and sneaked a kiss in return. Not a word was said but I do think I ruined their day  >:D And if she reads this she'll finally know what I was smiling about for the rest of the afternoon!

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
Re: Pink Icecream and the Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:50:43 AM »
Hehehehehehe!

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:15:15 AM »

Good for you!  8)
My DH and DS only eat pink icecreams and only drink pink milkshakes for that matter so those boys don't know what they're talking about.  ::)
Stewart/Colbert '16

missmolly

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:12:24 AM »
BWAHAHAHAHA! I'd have paid good money to see the looks on their faces.
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

Emmy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »
I love these stories of instant 'revenge' when no rudeness from the OP is involved.

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
Sir, I bow to this greatness!! You have made my day!  ;D

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
For crying out loud, a guy can't like strawberry ice cream?  It's insane how being "manly" has somehow translated into "avoiding everything that might possibly smack of being something that females would like."

But, then, my husband took ballet in college.  He got a lot of ribbing about it from his friends, until he pointed out that ballet classes have rather "favorable demographics" if one is looking for a date.  I think a few other guys seriously considered signing up once they realized that  :)

And nice on, Tallone!  It's cool when somebody is being obnoxious and actually gets the chance to see how foolish they're being right then and there!

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
Obviously, Super Macho Guys don't know their history, pink used to be tres masculine.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Shortcake

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »
I love it! The rude guys got their due with out you being rude! I would also pay to see that! I don't know how you kept a straight face when they started talking about your girlfriend and how smoking hot she is.

Macho guys can't enjoy strawberry ice cream? That is the silliest thing I have ever heard!  ::)
Their comments didn't deserve a response.

"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »
Obviously, Super Macho Guys don't know their history, pink used to be tres masculine.

Yep, pink was the 'baby' color of masculine, active red, whereas blue was always the feminine, passive color, but I don't know when the switch occurred.

Tallone, awesome story!

katallen

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
What a great story. I hope y'all get many more beach days!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »

;D Awesome.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »
Sir, I bow to this greatness!! You have made my day!  ;D

POD and a huge thumbs up for Tallgirlfriend for having the great taste to pick Tallone!

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »
Congratulations!  You've mastered "The Ice Stare" TM

A perfect example of how satisfying etiquette can be.   8)
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Amava

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 03:44:01 PM »
Hahahahaa cool!

Mmmmm strawberry icecream.