Author Topic: Pink Icecream and the Beach  (Read 10938 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Pink Icecream and the Beach
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »
Ok, she said, how do I cook the pasta?
Yes, you read that right, Ehellions, a college freshman who had no idea how to cook pasta.

Um - there are usually instructions on the back of the packet. I'd be more concerned about a high school graduate who doesn't know how to read...

yeah.

I had a friend help me once w/ a cake; she'd never cooked anything at all. So I persuaded her that she could simply follow the directions on the cake mix box.

She'd read off the ingredients, and I'd say, "Oh, the butter's here; the eggs are in the fridge."

Then we got to the point where it told her to add the cake mix.

She said--kid you not--"Where's the mix?"

in the box.

I think Tallone could also have turned to those kids and said, "the *other* guys who buy pink ice cream are the ones who have hot women waiting for them."

chicajojobe

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:04 AM »
For crying out loud, a guy can't like strawberry ice cream? 

I know. When he said pink icecream I imaged it was bubble gum or cotton candy flavor. Strawberry would have never occured to me as being a 'girly' icecream.

If anything, in my mind chocolate is more girly. Probably because strawberry is my dad's favorite flavor of ice cream, and whenever I eat chocolate he always comments that the love of chocolate is a sex-linked thing. He isn't sexist, he's just trying to get my goat, but it never works because I agree that it is.

Nora

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »
Good for you!  ;D
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
That story is awesome. :D

And I don't see how strawberry ice cream is a girly flavor, either...[and the only cotton candy ice cream I've seen was at Maggie Moo's and it was blue. Probably still 'girly' though. :P ]
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

LeeLee88

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Let me see, most of the men in my family have always loved strawberry ice cream, and out of those men, we have several Army, Marines, Airforce, and racecar drivers in the ranks.  Gee willikers, but it's a shame they're so dad-gum un-manly  ::).