Author Topic: yay for people turning in a wallet!  (Read 1891 times)

dawbs

yay for people turning in a wallet!
« on: December 22, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »
My baby sister is in town visiting for the holidays from her home across the country.

Since she is stretched pretty thin (when you're only home for 4 days and EVERYONE wants to see you, it's hard to fit them all in :-) I put dibs on going to see a movie with her today.

She met the Mr and me at the local movie theater (on her way back from taking our grandfather and great-aunt out to lunch, because she is a dutiful niece/grand-daughter :-)

The lobby was PACKED and she was running late (grandpa had a 'spell' and she couldn't leave until my folks were able to deal with it.), so we hurried into the movie as soon as she got there.

About halfway through the movie she starts squirming and whispers to me that she can't find her wallet.  She ceases squirming, so I thought she found it.

After the movie, she explains, nope, she didn't find it, she just quit squirming because finding it in a dark theater is nearly impossible.

A family is headed past us as we're all crawling around looking, and offers us the use of key chain flashlights they have to look and help, to no avail. (although we appreciated their effort)

We head outside and search the car.  We head back inside and split up...one person tells those cleaning the theater what we're missing and the others wait at the customer-service desk.

Where we find that apparently baby-sister dropped her wallet on her way in, and some kind soul turned it in 2 hours ago.  And her cash (which she has precious little of at the moment, so the $50 was her budget until she gets back 'home') and all of her stuff is still tucked inside.

(The CS girl had no info on who turned it in, but we are tremendously grateful they found it and returned it, or finding ID for the flight back home would have been a headache!)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: yay for people turning in a wallet!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 09:11:56 AM »
There are still honest people out there.  Be sure to send good karma out there to them. It will find them.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Gileswench

Re: yay for people turning in a wallet!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
Yay for the honest soul who turned in the wallet and yay for the family that helped in the search. Both showed real class.