Author Topic: WOW  (Read 16638 times)

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
Re: WOW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
not my taste.. but it was well executed..
i got married in a barn.. it was casual.. and lots of fun.. i had a wedding dress.. not too poufy, and my hub's had a suit. during the planning phase i spoke with a caterer and asked for snack foods.. little quiches.. tasty breads.. and the like..

she asked if they would be served on hay bales.. and then laughed at herself.  >:(  she did not get the job. well that and she told me she'd just get the stuff at Sam's Club..  ::) heck, i could have done that!

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
I don't think I could eat the catfish cake-- it's too cute :)

Its really adoreable.

I would totally go with a theme like this... everyone seems so overjoyed.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

HonorH

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
Definitely not my cuppa, but if it made them happy . . .
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 08:23:56 AM »
I think it's perfect. It obviously suited them.

My only (personal) hang up, is that I wish the bride would've worn something more different from the 'maids.

Maybe the camo with the blaze orange??  >:D

Sorry, my hubby is a sucker for all things camo!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
Terrible, I say, to have a wedding like that ...

... without inviting me. That looks like such a blast!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »

My only (personal) hang up, is that I wish the bride would've worn something more different from the 'maids.

I had to look through half the pictures before I figured out which one was the bride.  A v-neck instead of a square neck appears to be the only difference between them.
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »

If my DH and I could have agreed on a more entertaining theme, we might well have done so. I don't think either of us could have pulled off looking like the leads from Fifth Element though. Still, if I'd tried it, at least Leeloo's bandage outfit is white  ;D

Just don't forget your multi-pass! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »

If my DH and I could have agreed on a more entertaining theme, we might well have done so. I don't think either of us could have pulled off looking like the leads from Fifth Element though. Still, if I'd tried it, at least Leeloo's bandage outfit is white  ;D

Just don't forget your multi-pass! :)

Ahh instead of the rings, we could have exchanged multipasses, and perhaps the officiant could have said to those gathered 'They know it's a multipass!'

Or yeah, maybe not  :P

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »
I think that would be kinda cute!   We just saw that one again a few weeks ago after not having seen it for a while.   

"Boom!  Big bada boom! Bada boom big!"

Oooh and you could have offered chicken or meat popsicles! :)   
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »

I had to look through half the pictures before I figured out which one was the bride.  A v-neck instead of a square neck appears to be the only difference between them.

Well of course-- she was camouflaged  ;D

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
I'll bet the guests are glad they didn't have to dress up in formal clothing to attend.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »
Thanks Sabby, I didnít know it had been brought up here before.  I agree that it is not rude, just very interesting.  I wonder where they found that fabric for the dresses!

If you google "camouflage wedding" there are a bunch of sites that sell wedding-related items from clothes to tablecloths.  I guess it's getting to be a common theme?

Ooooh!  :D Thank you for pointing that out!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »
A couple of years ago there was a TV show on CMT called My Big Redneck Wedding - lots of camo weddings on that show!

Ereine

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 09:26:13 AM »

Well of course-- she was camouflaged  ;D

I've been told that the original purpose of bridesmaids was to fool evil spirits, so they all dressed the same. Dressing in camouflage takes it even further ;D

look in the tunk

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
I love the bride's bouquet!

Not something I'd do either, but it suited them and it looks like everyone had a great time. :)