Author Topic: "So, she's your boss!"  (Read 5776 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: "So, she's your boss!"
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »
I get the impression at times that some people refer to the woman of the house as the "boss" for two reasons:

1. Husband/bf/partner respects wife's knowledge/opinion/feelings, etc., so they don't mind letting her have her way, or give in easily. :) :)   DH and I were in Lowe's recently, and finding ourselves in the appliance section, studying the ovens/stoves.   We're going to need to replace ours at some point since it's kinda old and I pointed out a gas oven and range I really liked.  "What's wrong with electric?"   Me: "I'm more comfortable using gas ranges and being the main cook for the family, I'd use it more than you."  DH: "Good point, okay, pick whatever you like." :)

2. It's coming from the sort of person who would call a woman a word that rhymes with witch because she hurt his poor widdle ego by not letting him be lord and master of his house.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
My friend call his wife the "activities director"

and as for the art fair mirror - I think I would have walked away at that point.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

JacklynHyde

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
My DH ran into something similar at an art fair we were at recently.  We had decided to buy a mirror from the fair and we were debating about which one to get.  Our rule about art in our house is that we both have to love it.  So we were going back and forth about which one to get and where it would go when the artist says to my husband " You should just get the one she wants because you'll end up doing that anyway.  The wife always gets her way."  Um, no.
It was so odd and I didn't know what to say to him.
Did you walk away from the vendor without buying anything?  That would've been my answer, but that's just me.