Author Topic: I think I ran over your cat. Sorry.  (Read 8992 times)

Ondine

Re: I think I ran over your cat. Sorry.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 04:11:08 PM »
No pass at all - that's low. if he did run over the cat, he should have checked, and it would have been an accident. Texting you as he flees the scene/ Not cool.

CaliforniaDreamer

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 04:30:36 PM »
Whoever told you to give him a pass is . . . well  . . . whatevever.  Obviously, they guy gets no pass on this issue.  He wouldn't be friendship material, let alone boyfriend material.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
I'd pass him right off into someone else's hands.

A friend's brother was taking his girlfriend, who lived around the curve from us, home one night when I was in college and home for the holidays.  Our elderly dog, who was going both deaf and blind, was in the road; he tried to swerve but couldn't, and he hit her.  He didn't know it was our house, but he still stopped, came to the door, told my dad what had happened, and we were able to take her to the vet.  In this case, it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the end whether he had stopped then or come back after he got to his girlfriend's house, but I thought much more highly of him for stopping.

EMuir

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »
You don't need a coward for a boyfriend.  What if he had hit your cat and promptly taking it to the vet would have meant the difference between it living or dying? 

Granny Takes a Trip

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »
You don't need a coward for a boyfriend.  What if he had hit your cat and promptly taking it to the vet would have meant the difference between it living or dying? 

POD. What a callous loon. The good part is that you found this out before you decided you liked him, and made any emotional or time investment in him.
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede.

Amava

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
I don't think I would ever want to see that "man" again.  >:( :-X

kdbug I am really glad your cat is okay.

missmolly

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »

POD. What a callous loon. The good part is that you found this out before you decided you liked him, and made any emotional or time investment in him.

Consider it a bullet dodged. You don't need a guy like this in your life.
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
Agree with all PPs...absolutely no pass. The things this would indicate to me about his character would be something I could never deal with. He would rather send that text and and have you stress out and worry than to take 2 minutes to stop, get out of the car and actually look! What a louse. A coward.... there is no way he would remain even a friend.

evely28

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »
"When people show you who they are, believe them."

Oprah

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »
A person who thinks he might have run over a friend's beloved pet and doesn't even stop to check is some kind of messed up.  That is very, very telling.  And sending a text message instead of going back to the door is beyond appalling.  It's a small incident, but a big message.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 01:23:03 AM »
  If when you confronted him about it he had stated:

"I'm so sorry, I lost my head and totally freaked out and what I did was inexcusable and I feel like such a jerk." 

Well then maybe you give him sort of a pass, kind of wait and see - but you stated he was "kind of" sorry when you confronted him about it.  He's a jerk, don't give him a pass.

And - I'm happy he didn't hurt your cat.

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »
Okay. This is how the guy behaves during the all important "first impressions" period. Do you really want to hang around and see what else he doesn't think merits more than a text and "sort of remorseful" down the line?
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »
no pass. at all.

and i am curious - who said you should give him a pass? and why?

I told him that he really changed my opinion of him and he acted sort of remorseful. He has asked me out a few more times and I have honestly been busy, but I'm not really sure that I even want to make the effort.

he *isn't* sorry about what he did. he's only sorry that he "got caught". this is a person who will always be irresponsible, always blaming others. please don't make the effort - you are worth so much more.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Waltraud

• http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/58378
    • My dragons!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »
I haven't anything to add, but one thing bothers me: Did he actually run over a cat, just not your cat? Please tell me that no pet got hurt in this episode! IMO it's just as bad if he had run over someone else's beloved pet and just left it there.

What a heartless idiot!

Waltraud

ebelie

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:50 AM »
You can do better!

And I'm very glad your cat is okay.