Author Topic: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In  (Read 29687 times)

magician5

Re: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »
I'm only bringing some of my furniture, and all the rest is art supplies & books

Books are bad enough, but ART SUPPLIES??? The neighbors will be mobbed at your door with torches and pitchforks before you finish unloading! You gotta watch them artists, they're sneaky!
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

Sanity Lost

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
Favorite Quote : "That which money I have goes to books; anything left over pays for food and home" Erasmus

Fortnately I married a non reader who supports my addiction  ;D But insists that we pay for food & bills before the books siggghhhhh.

libraryliz

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:12 AM »
Saw on a tshirt today: "Don't lead me into temptation... or bookstores."
"I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced that they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another." -Ellen Goodman

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »

Well that's just redundant, isn't it?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »
This is a good case for an ebook reader - how is the nosy neighbor to know if you got fifteen books on it or 500 (assuming the memory holds that much) with another 4500 backed up somewhere?

Why are you looking at my external hard drive like that?  No I'm not telling you how many books are on there!  I have them organized three different ways (folder by author, folder by series, and individual files) so it looks like a lot more books than it really is, honest!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
It was Andrew Carnegie building all them libraries that ruined this country! >:(

magician5

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
"New neighbors movin' in, Bessie. Let's go see if they wanna go to the meetin' to ban Tom Sawyer from the school... wait a minute ... AAAAARGH! THEY'VE GOT A KINDLE!"
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
*giggles*

I definitely belong in the BBB Club. I'm a D-DD, and I have books everywhere. Every week, I check out 20-30 books from the library. At one time, I've had more than 100 books checked out...and I've never lost one. :D My bookshelves are so full that I've jammed every book possible into the space on each shelf, then stacked books on the front part of the shelf on each, and then there's a mess of books around the bottom because there's no room for them. *sighs happily* I love reading. Nobody who knows me likes getting me books anymore because I read them so fast, too. :P Even when I was a kid lol. One time, my parents bought me a book. I read it in the car and finished it before we got home. They weren't happy...
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

gmatoy

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2010, 11:22:50 PM »
I own books...lots of books. And I have (highlight at the risk of jealousy) two library cards.  Yes, I do max them out, why do you ask?

kitty-cat

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
*giggles*

I definitely belong in the BBB Club. I'm a D-DD, and I have books everywhere. Every week, I check out 20-30 books from the library. At one time, I've had more than 100 books checked out...and I've never lost one. :D My bookshelves are so full that I've jammed every book possible into the space on each shelf, then stacked books on the front part of the shelf on each, and then there's a mess of books around the bottom because there's no room for them. *sighs happily* I love reading. Nobody who knows me likes getting me books anymore because I read them so fast, too. :P Even when I was a kid lol. One time, my parents bought me a book. I read it in the car and finished it before we got home. They weren't happy...

And that is why mom said the book had to stay in the bag until we got home. At least if I got it home chores would distract me for a bit... The book might last 2 days then :P

NE Florida

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:24 AM »
I own books...lots of books. And I have (highlight at the risk of jealousy) two library cards.  Yes, I do max them out, why do you ask?

:o Two? *envious look*

I'm not sure my library card actually has a book limit...:D

And my parents probably should have instituted that "it must stay in the bag until we get home" lol.
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »

Pete wandered by the computer earlier and picked up my current reading material, which happens to be 'The Far Pavilions' by M.M. Kaye - which then promptly disintergrated into chunky blocks in his hands. The first I knew about it was when he called out "this book's just fallen apart, I'll throw it out."

He says that he's never seen me move so fast, the scream was deafening, and he swears he heard a sonic boom. I rescued it from the bin, but it's bad enough I'll need to get another one.

Somehow I don't think I'll tell Pete this is my 3rd copy though.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Corbin

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
When I was a kid and got into trouble, my mother would go into my room and box up all my books. I would start getting a little desperate after a few days, and she would catch me reading the back of the cereal box, the lables on cans in the kitchen, the phone book...anything.

Being in Iraq was hard because I couldn't find new books very easily, and the heat made paperbacks fall apart (although that meant three people could read the same book at the same time). And I didn't have much room for the books I did have. FH has promised to get me a Kindle or a Nook before my next deployment so I can have a whole library!  :D
"If someone else posted this, I would be convinced they were making it up..."

HonorH

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »
Being in Iraq was hard because I couldn't find new books very easily, and the heat made paperbacks fall apart (although that meant three people could read the same book at the same time). And I didn't have much room for the books I did have. FH has promised to get me a Kindle or a Nook before my next deployment so I can have a whole library!  :D

I live in Japan, and my Kindle is my best friend.  You want to check, before you get an e-reader, that you can download books outside the US on it.  I can download directly to my Kindle here in Japan, but last time I looked, you couldn't do that with a Nook.  In other words, research your options.  Happy reading!
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Minmom3

« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »

Well that's just redundant, isn't it?

There are other kinds of temptation, you know.  Like fabric stores.  Or baking supply/restaurant supply stores.  Or really good nurseries and garden supply stores.  There's lotsa temptation out there!  I couldn't possibly pick just one...   ;D
Mother to children and fuzz butts....