Author Topic: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In  (Read 27836 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Re: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
I'll join the herd!  We have no more room for bookcases, so the books are just piled everywhere they'll fit...floors, couch, chair, bed, in the car, etc.  Every couple of months, I make a concerted effort to sell some of my books back to make more room.  Course, I usually just end up buying more books, so that doesn't always work.  My DH is happy I have my Kindle because I buy fewer physical books than before, not because I don't buy physical books at all!  ;)

eclecticgrrl

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 05:22:40 PM »
If I'm allowed to join in, we'll be a herd.  My sister, her DH and their friends were ready to cry when they saw the number of book boxes they would have to carry around when I moved. 

If we're a herd, can I moo? 

I haven't moved in seven years and I'm STILL hearing about the number of book boxes that came into the house.  By the same friends who give me books as gifts though.

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
I'm joining the club.  Our dining room is slowly being taken over by the adjacent "library" (which was supposed to be our office).  F cup.

Is there a club for owning over 1000+ DVDs?
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
Despite having donated 3,000 books last year I still have six bookcases in the living room and cartons in the closet.

Watch out for the unshelved stacks; they quickly get out of control.

HonorH

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:29 PM »
Can I count the books I have on my Kindle, too? 

I told my DH, when he gave me the Kindle as a present, that I hoped he didn't think this would stop me from buying "real" books.  He sighed.  Silly man.

I love and adore my Kindle--when you're living in a non-English-speaking country, it is a blessing to be able to get fresh books--but nothing can replace the feeling of walking into a brick-and-mortar bookstore and seeing all those books!  I intend to build up a very large library when I get back to the States.  And my cup size is . . . very, very large. *sob!*
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth

wendelenn

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
Oh lordie - not Heinlein books -- the horrors of it all

well I guess you just have to take two Asprin (Robert that is) and call back in the morning......

You're such a Card. . .
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
If I have over a thousand books on my shelves, but only a B-cup, can I still join the family? Baby got back, but not much front... ;)

Not a problem! Baby got book! ;D ;)

I want the bolded on a (plunging V-neck, another D for the club) tee shirt! 

You're such a Card. . .

Hurr hurr hurrrrrrrrr   ;D

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »
I think we're a murder or a charm rather than a herd, but if you are a bookloving EHellion, you're in!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 09:13:46 AM »
Woohoo.....I've got several boxes of books and stacks of books in my room.....in addition to the books in my car.

wendelenn

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
I have tons of books, and a D cup.  What does that make me?   ;)

Me?

Octoplets!

Whee! Give us a Discovery reality show!

You mean TLC?  >:D
Even better,

"Books and B00bs", Coming soon to TLC!
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

Ambrosia Hino

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »
I'm jealous of the OP "only" having a C cup. I wear a quad-D. I'm hoping for a reduction in my future >:D

Books? I have books. Just grabbed 3 more at the used bookstore down the street earlier this week. Mommy VorFemme made a "mistake" teaching me to read...at least, if she wants to keep me out of her personal library! >:D

I remember when I was moving from one roommate's house to another. One of my friend's boyfriends picked up a box (printer paper carton) and groaned:

Guy: "What do you have in here? Rocks?"
Me: "Books"
Guy: "But you don't read!"

The world spontaneously combusted. Oh, wait, no, that was just everyone else there hitting the garage floor when they fell over laughing. ;D

"Books and B00bs", Coming soon to TLC!
I would sooooo watch that show!

I want a T-shirt that says "Yes, these ARE my brains"

Corbin

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
I have spent so much of my life being seen as odd for how much I read, and then I find all the other readers...on ehell! Seriously, this place seems to be disproportionatly readers, nerds, Renn Faire folk, etc. It's like someone took all my favorite things and crammed them into a polite website!!
"If someone else posted this, I would be convinced they were making it up..."

snowfire

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
Another ehellion with lots & lots of books & generously sized.....brains. 

DH & I are both book junkies.  We have bookshelves in every room & still have books stored in the crawlspace.  And I just donated over 400.  We are also both nerds & I used to do SCA. 

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
I have spent so much of my life being seen as odd for how much I read, and then I find all the other readers...on ehell! Seriously, this place seems to be disproportionatly readers, nerds, Renn Faire folk, etc. It's like someone took all my favorite things and crammed them into a polite website!!
And geeks. Don't forget the geeks!  ;D

Coralreef

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »
And geeks. Don't forget the geeks!  ;D
I knew there was a reason I liked this site.  ;) :-*

[/right