Author Topic: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In  (Read 27847 times)

sisbam

Re: Bad Neighbors: Don't Bring Too Many Books When You Move In
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »
I have tons of books, and a D cup.  What does that make me?   ;)

Me?

Octoplets!

Whee! Give us a Discovery reality show!

You mean TLC?  >:D
Even better,

"Books and B00bs", Coming soon to TLC!

*high five*

Sanity Lost

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
What I want on a tee shirt

I have the 3 "B"s

Books
Brains
&
Boobs

;D

Little Jo

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »
I am laughing sick I have books on books on books I have all shelves covered I have several large boxes along the hall about three deep in books and I have four on the go at once.

eclecticgrrl

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
<threadjack>
At Pennsic one year, some doofus was attempting to impress me and began listing all the honors he'd received.  Which...  meh.

Casting around to find something else to make himself sound wonderful and exciting, he looked at my chair and noticed the book I had laying next to me.  Asked me if I read.  I admitted that I have done once or twice.

He pulls himself up to his full 5 feet and 3 or so inches and proudly announces that if I ever came by to the house where he lives with his mom, he would show me his library.  He had THIRTY-FIVE books.  (pauses to make sure that I understand the import)  THIRTY-FIVE!!!

While I was trying to find something nice to say about his 35 books, one of my campmates - who is even more lacking in tact than me if such a thing is possible - laughed out loud and said "Hey, be careful.  She's probably got 35 books just in her car right now."

Boy didn't believe him so avoided having his ego smooshed.  I excused myself, whapped my friend on the head and went and hid in the tent until it all passed.

But I wish that *I* had THIRTY-FIVE books.  That would be keen.

</threadjack>

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
So Baron Master Sir Biggstuff has THIRTY FIVE books?
He doesn't go to other SCA people's houses, does he?  I have thirty five books on heraldry alone!  Yes, real books, with pages and everything!!!!

That's my favorite thing about the SCA -- other people with personal libraries rivaling the size of mine.  ;D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
Just for grins and giggles, I decided to count the books on the bookshelf closest to me, which is the entertainment center.  I got to 35 before I finished the second shelf.    

We probably have at least that many lying around in clutter at the moment, not even counting the unshelved stacks that we need to buy more shelves to contain.  

(eclecticgrrl, be prepared for someone to ask you what Baron Master Sir Bigstuff's height has to do with anything  ;) )

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
Just for grins and giggles, I decided to count the books on the bookshelf closest to me, which is the entertainment center.  I got to 35 before I finished the second shelf.   

We probably have at least that many lying around in clutter at the moment, not even counting the unshelved stacks that we need to buy more shelves to contain. 

(eclecticgrrl, be prepared for someone to ask you what Baron Master Sir Bigstuff's height has to do with anything  ;) )

As a sci fi character/author oft quoted or paraphrase here is supposed to say "everyone is the same height when lying down" - my guess is that Baron Master Sir Bigstuff's package (and I am referring to his appearance and personality ONLY) was not really that good a deal, even "sweetened" with a library of thirty-five books.  Living with his mother in her home - well, that is a shortcoming that would take a lot more to overcome.........

Possibly thirty-five eReaders all full with no overlap, Mom lives in a mansion & he is the only heir AND has his own seven room suite, and............well, a few other things going for him.  Plus I'd have to be single and care two hoots about anything other than laughing at the cliched situation in the first place!

Sheesh.............talk about shooting yourself in the foot..........he has no idea how to impress the human female, does he?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
We should all have this:

sisbam

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
Can I still be in the club because I patronized my library every other week? I'm sure you'll appreciate that I wanted, ya know, lights and a roof over my head...

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
Can I still be in the club because I patronized my library every other week? I'm sure you'll appreciate that I wanted, ya know, lights and a roof over my head...

I represent that remark (five book from the library day before yesterday - finished one late last night), a thousand or so ebooks on my computer AND CD AND eReader (wouldn't want to loose any of those files), plus I don't care to count how many books on......um, four bookcases, a stack in the sewing room, sewing books in the sewing room, another stack in the guest room, and a couple in a tote bag in case I get stuck somewhere with ten minutes to spare for reading (short story collections).

A DD or DDD cup size, depending on the band size, and raising a daughter who likes to read and a son who also likes to read - although a narrower range of subjects.

Mom likes to read, too - but I got my bosom from further back in the family tree (two of the great-grandmothers one on each side - not mother or either grandmother).  Bosoms must be recessive.........
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

hopeful4

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »
When we were moving, my DH got a lot of boxes from a store on his route - he is a delivery man.  The store happened to be a liquor store.  Can you imagine what she would have thought about us?  ;D

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
I am also in the Books, Brains and Boobs Club.

As I said before we have lots of books in the house. I refuse to count how many. I have a BS in Chemistry and I am a DD. So I guess I qualify for the club. My entire family loves to read.

I just checked my ipod and counted 37 books on my ereader app and I am looking at adding a couple of more books.

What is the name of the club for the guys? :P  Books, Brains and Boxers?

eclecticgrrl

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
(eclecticgrrl, be prepared for someone to ask you what Baron Master Sir Bigstuff's height has to do with anything  ;) )

Oh, I can tell you right away - his height doesn't have to do with anything!  For me, it just sort of set the visual image.  Since he was still almost an inch taller than me, it's not like I can mock.

Well...  I can mock about the books, right?  The living with his mom and their 35 books?  Please tell me I can mock a little here in the safety of the BBB Club.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »
I am also in the Books, Brains and Boobs Club.

If we can change that to the Books, Brains and Booty Club, I would totally seek membership!  (I am a proud member of the Itty Bitty Committee; all my junk is in my trunk.)  We have two six-foot bookshelves that are solidly full and overflowing, with enough books to fill a third.  Not as many as some on here, but I'm 25; I have time to grow the collection.  :D

mamakinz

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:32 AM »
I guess I'll "fess up to being a member of the BBB club!!   And I enjoy Ren Faire, and have geek tendencies!!!   ;D  As of my current inventory list of all the books I own -- I'm at 1400 -- and that does not include the 6 I bought this week, and all of the books in my DD's room (2 six foot bookshelves primarily filled with books) and my DS's room (1 4 foot shelf full plus a few piles) plus the little kid books from when they were little and I can't bring myself to get rid of.

I have a king size bed -- there is no space under the bed -- it is FULL of my books -- paperback books fit very nicely in paper grocery bags and slide very nicely under my bed -- I need more book shelves.

2 good quotes for all my "book" friends:

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."   Arnold Lobel