Author Topic: Voices  (Read 3683 times)

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
Re: Voices
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2010, 06:16:48 AM »
I have a vicious Georgia accent if I'm not careful. I sound like something out of "O Brother Where Art Thou". Seriously. It's that bad. I also think that my voice is too low and not feminine.

Bad as I think my voice is, I don't even have a discernable Southern accent.   ::)   All my life, I've had locals ask me where I was from.  "Right here, why?"  It's kind of country, but not recognizably Southern.  

You ought to hear me. Southerners have to ask me to repeat myself. And I cheerfully run all my words together. You know that Foxworthy skit about "D'jeet?" "Naw'djou?"

That's me.

Remember: Also according to Blue Collar, you can't trust anyone who enunciates. So that must make you the perfect Southerner. :P

pinkunicorn

Re: Voices
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
You know how some people have those "booming" voices that you can hear across a crowded room?

Well, that's definitely NOT me! I have a soft voice, and have been told it's very soothing. But when you're in a crowd and trying to do a presentation, it's hard to get everyone's attention. Or if you're trying to talk to someone and there's loud equipment running nearby...forget it!
Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out!