Author Topic: why did my thread get locked?  (Read 1729 times)

sweetneet

why did my thread get locked?
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »
i honestly want to know what I did wrong, for when i post here in the future. I don't post often, so I'm a bit of a newbie here. I started a thread in the Techno-quette subforum and it was locked shortly thereafter, and am just a bit puzzled why. I posted about a friend's inappropriate comments on Facebook. Since i had seen other discussions in the same subforum about TMI posts on FB, friends' deleting FB comments, defriending others, etc i had thought it would be appropriate to start a thread about it, so I did. The first response I got seemed to be a drawn out condescending lecture on how i was taking Facebook too seriously. I was surprised and tried to clarify the reasons why i found the certain FB comments insensitive. then soon after, the thread was locked.  ??? Was it because of my response to the first reply..should I just have ignored it?  Or was it the nature of the thread in the first place? Suggestions are welcome. I apologize if i offended anyone in my thread, that was my not my intent at all. I started it because i thought that on this forum, I could find people to commiserate with , considering etiquette on Facebook/other social networking sites seems to be long-forgotten!  :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:48:15 AM by sweetneet »

Amava

Re: why did my thread get locked?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
I don't get it either. I was about to reply to it, then saw that I couldn't. :(

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
sweetneet -

I think it's because it came off as kind of a rant, which isn't allowed. I may be wrong though.

:)
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

MaggieB

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
sweetneet -

I think it's because it came off as kind of a rant, which isn't allowed. I may be wrong though.

:)

That's what I was thinking too.  I just read it, and in your first reply to another poster, you mentioned that you were ranting a bit.  That kind of thing tends to get locked quickly.

sweetneet

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
thanks for the replies!

yes, now that i look back on it, i do realize that i did sound like i was ranting in the first post. oops! i guess it was late at night and i had just spent a loong day caring for my infant son (who happens to be teething, woo!) so i guess i wasn't in the best of moods. :) also, in other forums i frequent, it is common for people to start threads just to rant about random things on their mind, so i've guess i've been partially corrupted by that as well.

anyway, i honestly didn't mean to stir up drama, i really wanted to hear others' stories on similar things. i know i can't be the only one who thinks people post too much information on Facebook! for next time i probably try to make it less rant-like (and also keep it shorter and more to the point too, i now realize in my first post i practically wrote a novel!).

LEMon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
Most of the focus here is answering questions about etiquette so if you have questions about how to respond or what you should do those will go over best.  Most talks about stories go in the Time for a Coffee Break folder.  All the other folders are typically questions though a few just good stories do get told, I agree.