Author Topic: Thank you - again?  (Read 3285 times)

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
Re: Thank you - again?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »
I too am wondering if they didn't get the thank you card.  You might try calling/emailing and say something like "We just found out that someone didn't get a thank-you card from our wedding gifts so now we're following up to make sure others weren't lost in the mail, did you get yours?"

Granny Takes a Trip

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »
I too am wondering if they didn't get the thank you card.  You might try calling/emailing and say something like "We just found out that someone didn't get a thank-you card from our wedding gifts so now we're following up to make sure others weren't lost in the mail, did you get yours?"

TBH, I wouldn't bother. Even if that was the explanation, the stepfather was very rude. Even if the OP and her DH had neglected to send a card, stepdad is not entitled to make a fuss, that is SS.
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede.

PeterM

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 03:18:01 AM »

TBH, I wouldn't bother. Even if that was the explanation, the stepfather was very rude. Even if the OP and her DH had neglected to send a card, stepdad is not entitled to make a fuss, that is SS.

Exactly. When someone acts this ridiculously passive-aggressive, I'm not willing to travel very far to give them the benefit of the doubt. He has demonstrated that he has no difficulty at all expressing his displeasure to others, so if he actually wants to accomplish anything he needs to talk to the OP. Otherwise I'd advise her to continue to ignore it.

Granny Takes a Trip

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:51 AM »

Exactly. When someone acts this ridiculously passive-aggressive, I'm not willing to travel very far to give them the benefit of the doubt. He has demonstrated that he has no difficulty at all expressing his displeasure to others, so if he actually wants to accomplish anything he needs to talk to the OP. Otherwise I'd advise her to continue to ignore it.

Exactly, very well put. My own life has been a study in how to deal with PA people like that. I rarely, if ever, give them the benefit of the doubt. Works for me.
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede.