Author Topic: "Are you two related?"  (Read 10744 times)

pwv

Re: "Are you two related?"
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
Years ago, my stepmother arranged a surprise for my dad's 70th birthday, with all us kids, stepkids, and grandkids.  At the party, all their friends kept commenting how my brothers looked like stepmom, and how much (adopted) stepbrother looked like dad.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:06 AM »
So yesterday in OC, Nance & I went into one of those old time photo emporiums.  We had the idea to pose like Scarlett & Giselle from POTC (the two women always slapping Jack Sparrow) so we put on saloon girl outfits and chose a pirate ship background.  I think the people were a bit confused that we were mixing up our costumes and settings, but they didn't argue. 

Well we got into our costumes, given our accessories and directed in how to pose.   The girl who was taking our picture looked through the lens, then came over to me and said "Here, I need you to turn your head over towards your mom...friend? Sister..."  I think our expressions must have given it away that we're not mother and daughter.   I smiled and told the girl we're friends and was inwardly thinking "Poor Nance!"  LOL. 

The picture turned out real cute though and I'm going to get a frame for it and scan it.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

pinkunicorn

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »
My boyfriend and I get that quite often when we go out. Because he's in his 50's and I'm in my 30's, a lot of people figure we're father/daughter...until I grab his hand or he puts his arm around my shoulder! LOL

But I agree w/ the OP, he and I are best friends, and we have so much in common & our personalities are so similar, niether of us notice our age difference.
Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
Now that friend is back home, I went to DH and said "Wow, Nance and I really got mistaken for relatives a lot more this year than when I went to visit her in Iowa last year.   Now that you've seen her in action and seen us together, what is it?   Similar looks? The way we interact?  Do we sound alike?" 

He said we definitely do look related, and said sometimes we acted like mother and daughter, sometimes we acted like sisters.   He also said that yes, our voices do sound very similar.

On our way back from OC on Tuesday, we drove through Salisbury and stopped by HQ of his company and got to meet his coworkers.  (He's a field engineer and only sees coworkers about 2-3 times a year)    Then this morning one of them called him and I overheard him laughing and saying "Yeah, I know.  They look alike, they talk alike, but believe it or not, they're not related!"   When he got off the phone he said it was one of the guys from HQ who thought Nance was his mother-in-law!   Though when we went through the office, DH did keep saying "I brought the family in!" without making the distinction that the tall blue eyed redhead was not actually related to us but family in another way.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata