Author Topic: DD gets to use this phrase  (Read 4474 times)

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
Re: DD gets to use this phrase
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »

Maybe it will make them think about things and learn something.

Just because they have a different opinion doesn't mean they're automatically wrong.  They may be thinking the same thing.  
There is a difference between opinions and facts.

Exactly.  And when someone needs to "learns something," it's generally assumed to be a fact that "needs" to be learned.  These are just opinions being discussed, not facts.  And I'm *not* saying sexual orientation is "contagious."

I would say that what they certainly need to learn is that not every single bi person under the sun is out to "turn" their straight acquaintances; and, also, that simply having a bi friend is not by itself going to swerve someone's own sexuality. Both of which are facts. :)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Thank you, everyone :)  We are very blessed, actually, in the family we come from. Homos*xuality and Bi-S*xuality is nothing new to my family, so it's not quite the shock that it can be for some.

Some of DD's friends do stand up to their parents, but some have drifted away (these are mostly 16 - 18 year olds). The stock eHell phrase has certainly come in handy!

AngelicGamer

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
Some of DD's friends do stand up to their parents, but some have drifted away (these are mostly 16 - 18 year olds). The stock eHell phrase has certainly come in handy!

The bolded makes me happy.  I think it shows that your DD has some very good friends.  As for the others, the drifting may have not really been the bi and more that it was just time to let the friendship go.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »
Wow... Your daughter must be hot stuff if she can convert straight girls.  ::)  (Eye roll for strange homophobic parents, not your DD)

This always confused me. People claim its a "mutation" to be g*a*y... yet apprently its contagious? As my dear friend J would say "Well, ya know if it was catching I'd be with a dude by now..." (His best friend is g*a*y and they are around each other so often that there's a joke that if BFF is sick, J and B(boyfriend) must be too.)