Author Topic: Can I wake up your baby?  (Read 8624 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Can I wake up your baby?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
The quietness lasted that night - they moved out before the end of the month when their rent was due (and before the end of the school year).  I ran into another renter from that strip of duplexes who told me that that unit where some sales parties for "party goods" were held - which explained a lot about the toilets flushing a couple of times every time the police showed up (get rid of the "party goods") and why the police were always willing to come over when I phoned in a complaint.

I got the impression that they had always hoped that they would show up fast enough to catch them with some of those illegal "goods".  I guess that they lost too much of their supply to the noise complaint calls..............

Evil and Snarky felt that any drug dealers living next to a mother with a small child deserved to go broke.............and if they were selling the stuff to finance their college, then they were too dumb to be in college.  They aren't very nice to people who are mean to "our" babies!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Zeee

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
Strange lady: Oh, can I wake up your baby?
Me:   ??? Uh, NO.
SL: that's ok, I would have said "no" too.  (wanders away)
Then why ask??
Why on earth would she ask something of you that she wouldn't allow if the roles were reversed?

That's just bizarre.

Exactly!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
My aunt always likes to tell a story about how, when I was a newborn, they drove down to VA where mat. grandparents lived from mid-NJ and I had the nerve to be asleep when they arrived.   Aunt Kath and Aunt Jo were so disappointed to see new baby niece fast asleep in baby chair on top of dining table that they started poking me till I woke up and fussed, then did the "Ooops, she woke up" Cheshire Cat grins. 

I thought it hilarious but I'm sure my mother didn't.   Though if she really wanted me to sleep around her family (like they say in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" there were only two volumes in that family, loud and louder) and my dad's siblings, and knew they were coming down to see the first grandbaby, she would have put me in the cradle in the back room, and not the baby seat in the dining room.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

penguinpants

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
Many seem to have even less respect for children's space than they do for adults' . . . I've found that using a sling is a wonderful preventative to most of the nonsense.
Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. -- Jane Austen

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
"Sure, but when s/he wakes up crying at 3 in the morning, I'll be calling you in return."

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
Many seem to have even less respect for children's space than they do for adults' . . . I've found that using a sling is a wonderful preventative to most of the nonsense.

I'm going to tuck that golden nugget in my "Future Mommyhood" file.   8)
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

penguinpants

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:03 AM »

I'm going to tuck that golden nugget in my "Future Mommyhood" file.   8)

I can verify that people stand the same distance from me now that they did before I was slingin' Baby around.  Some have asked if it was o.k. to peek at him, which is fine.  They have all restrained themselves from touching him, which is a relief!  If you want any more info about how we work with it in general, please feel free to PM me.
Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. -- Jane Austen