General Etiquette > Techno-quette

amusing or weird status response? *non-update post 6*

(1/6) > >>

Roe:
Something amusing happened via FB today and I thought I'd get ehellions opinion. It's nothing major or serious.   ;)

I know that it's a typical piece of advice to "ignore those that use PA tactics."  I've actually given this advice and try to follow it myself.  But today, I think a question was asked of me and so I did respond.

Situation:

Yesterday, my status read "I oppose celebrity marriage."  I was being silly and the status was in response to all the talk about the California Prop 8 situation. Most of my friends (almost all of them) got my sarcasm.  Many "liked" or LOL'd or added their own silly "opposition" comments.

Today, I'm on FB and a friend of mine (from high school days and I haven't chatted with him in years) has as his status: "Why so judgemental over celebrity marriages? They did not ask for the fame and fortune. Rember only the man above has that right to do so."  

I honestly don't know if his status is a response to my own status but he only has 20 friends and we have 20 friends in common and no one else seemed to post anything about celebrity marriages.  So...since he asked, I answered.  I sent him a PM saying..."hey, I'm just curious but is your status a response to my status from yesterday 'cause if it is...just wanted to let you know I really have nothing against celebrity marriages.  I was just being silly and it was in response to all the news coverage from yesterday."  

FTR, I don't oppose anyone's marriage or wanting to get married or anything.  So I just thought this was a bit amusing but now I hope I didn't accidentally offend him...though he isn't a celebrity, that I know of.  I haven't seen him in anything. ;)  (ftr, I do have a couple of lesser known celebrities on my friend list but even they 'got' the joke)  

So...sending him a PM explaining my status was okay?  He did ask, after all, so I hope it was okay to do so.  I just don't understand why he felt the need to post a response as his status when he could've just commented.  *shrug*    

Wendy Moira Angela Pan:
Was he possibly also being jokey? Otherwise his status doesn't even make sense, since lots of celebrities do ask for fame and fortune.

Twik:
Some people have no sense of humour, and it sounds like he's one.

Amava:
Maybe he's secretly dating a celebrity and planning to get married?  ;D

j/k

MrsJWine:

--- Quote from: Wendy Moira Angela Pan on August 05, 2010, 03:12:00 PM ---Was he possibly also being jokey? Otherwise his status doesn't even make sense, since lots of celebrities do ask for fame and fortune.

--- End quote ---

That was my first though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version