Author Topic: Kindle protection, pros vs cons?  (Read 2639 times)

jayhawk

• my organizing website
Re: Kindle protection, pros vs cons?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
Babymama, that is beautiful!  I may have to get a nook just to use that cover, LOL! 

I'm kind of jonesing for a Kindle and may ask for it for my Christmas gift this year.

katcheya

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
That IS gorgeous, Babymama!

sbtier: the Kindle has only been available in Canada since November 2009, and at that time, it used a different wireless system.  Based on that, my assumption is that there weren't that many Kindles available in Canada last winter, so answering that question might take a while...

sbtier

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »

sbtier: the Kindle has only been available in Canada since November 2009, and at that time, it used a different wireless system.  Based on that, my assumption is that there weren't that many Kindles available in Canada last winter, so answering that question might take a while...
Okay, I'll wait until next month when the temperature should drop below zero.   ;D  Just kidding!

katcheya

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Okay, I'll wait until next month when the temperature should drop below zero.   ;D  Just kidding!

But of course!  -30C is scheduled to start on September 7th this year!  We'll keep you posted!  ;)

kennedar

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »

But of course!  -30C is scheduled to start on September 7th this year!  We'll keep you posted!  ;)

Lol Thats not funny! We were getting snow until May this year and it only finally got warm in the last few weeks! And by warm I mean above 20 C!! Already we are starting to get the fall chill in the air!

Red1979

• Super Hero!
  • it's only a paper moon...
    • Subscription Therapy
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 12:09:41 AM »
Babymama, that is beautiful!  I may have to get a nook just to use that cover, LOL! 

I'm kind of jonesing for a Kindle and may ask for it for my Christmas gift this year.

They have the same kind of covers for the kindle.  I have this one:
http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=941

--Red
"Pause you who read this and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, which would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

www.subscriptiontherapy.com - "I used to have issues -  now I have subscriptions"

katcheya

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 09:31:20 AM »

How do you choose????  O_O

Red1979

• Super Hero!
    • Subscription Therapy
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

Between a kindle and a nook or between all the pretty covers?
--Red
"Pause you who read this and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, which would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

www.subscriptiontherapy.com - "I used to have issues -  now I have subscriptions"

alegria

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »
The Oberon covers are absolutely gorgeous.  However, until they get around to using the clip system that's built in to the Kindle, I won't buy one.  I'm not going to stick velcro on my kindle, or use unsightly elastic straps to hold it in - not when there is a much more elegant solution!

Red1979

• Super Hero!
    • Subscription Therapy
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »
The Oberon covers are absolutely gorgeous.  However, until they get around to using the clip system that's built in to the Kindle, I won't buy one.  I'm not going to stick velcro on my kindle, or use unsightly elastic straps to hold it in - not when there is a much more elegant solution!

I don't find the elastic straps unelegant at all.  They are very discret and only in the corners.  They are also very easy to take the kindle in and out of and don't leave any marks on it.
--Red

katcheya

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »

Between a kindle and a nook or between all the pretty covers?

All the pretty covers!~

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »

ENABLER!!!

alegria

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
I just found this cute little project on the Moda Bakeshop for any of you crafters out there:  http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html

Donovan

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
I bought a Patagonia zippered cover for my Kindle.  I love it.  It has a little bit of padding, and 4 corner elastic bands that hold the Kindle in place. 

I don't remove the Kindle from the cover, I just unzip it and fold back the front cover.  I also don't always zip it back up, just flop the padded cover on top when it is just sitting around.

With the dual zippers, I can zip it all up but leave the little bit at the bottom open for the charger plug. I also like the pocket in the front cover to put notes to myself about future books to purchase.

alegria

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
I also like the pocket in the front cover to put notes to myself about future books to purchase.

Try www.goodreads.com, they also have an iPhone app.  You can list books you've read, list books you're reading, make a to-read list, and make whatever other lists you like.  I have one for my book club books.  :)  If you network with friends that can also be pretty cool, being able to see what others are reading (or have read) and add to your to-read list if interested.