Author Topic: Would you consider this status rude?  (Read 4275 times)

Delia DeLyons

Re: Would you consider this status rude?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »

If she posts something like that that bothers you, the thing to do is "like" it.  That let's her know that you saw it.

And it's funny!

Hee hee hee, har har har!  I think that is a great way to handle it!  do it do it do it!   ;D

Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
I used to have the Harry Potter theme as a ring tone that i used as my alarm clock sound. 

It drove my boyfriend insane.  He hated with a passion that song.  For whatever reason he found it very jarring and uncomfortable to wake up to.  I switched to the Star Trek theme and he does not have any issue with that over any other ring town.

Maybe it is just a coincidence, maybe something about that song is uncomfortable to people, but it really could be more a random quirk than rude.  Im sure we can all think of bad sounds/noises to wake up to.

It sounds like more of a half asleep "what is that horrible (yes she can feel it is horrible) noise?" than a realization and a "great now i am awake"

I suspect it was a half asleep attempt at humor or something she was not crazy about.  And after all it did wake her up, so it can be the most beautiful music in the world and still be annoying for her.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
Maybe it is just a coincidence, maybe something about that song is uncomfortable to people, but it really could be more a random quirk than rude.  Im sure we can all think of bad sounds/noises to wake up to.

It sounds like more of a half asleep "what is that horrible (yes she can feel it is horrible) noise?" than a realization and a "great now i am awake"

I suspect it was a half asleep attempt at humor or something she was not crazy about.  And after all it did wake her up, so it can be the most beautiful music in the world and still be annoying for her.

No, I get all of this.  I do understand how waking up to any loud noise (even typically pleasant sounds) can be annoying.  That wasn't the point.  The point was that she posted it on FB.  It wasn't that I didn't understand the annoyance.  And had I known the music woke her up, I'd have apologized. 

I think waking up to a loud Star Wars movie (love John Williams) would've annoyed me too!  ;)