Author Topic: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....  (Read 8141 times)

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:25:42 AM »
The state that I live in has banned smoking indoors at all restraunts. I don't want to get into a debate about smoking vs non-smoking, or electronic cigarettes.

Hubby and I went out to dinner at a steakhouse named after lengthy antlers. We had just gotten seated in a booth when a party of four was seated behind us. In this group was Queen Snowflake (QS). The server brought their drinks and QS began to sound off on her: "I have an electronic cigarette and the manager said I can't use it here because people might think that I am smoking! I need an address and phone number for the president of the company! This is ridiculous! Smoking bans are just stupid. I lived in California and I voted against smoking bans and I remember the night that the ashtrays were pulled and it was just stupid!" and on and on. The server got her the information and tried to smoothe things over. QS wasn't having it. She kept loudly telling her tablemates about how her rights were being infringed upon by smoking bans and (I bleep you not) that "All these people's rights are NOT more important than MY RIGHT to smoke wherever and whenever I want! Smoke can't hurt them!" She was so loud Hubby and I couldn't have a conversation in a normal tone of voice. Her husband weighed in with how the federal government was destroying everyone's personal rights and no one can tell people where to smoke and on and on.

QS then loudly tells her tablemates about how she pitched a hissy fit at a steward on a plane for not allowing her to bring a carryon bag that was too big for the plane's interior. "He said that I could have two bags but I told him I only had ONE bag and it's MY RIGHT to carry any size bag I want! They threatened to not let me fly so I called my LAWYER and they had to let me on! Then they delayed the takeoff with some weather excuse to try and piss me off. So I laid down in the airplane aisle because I was tired and their stupid delay was interrupting MY REST. They made me get up and I told that *expletive* that I was going to lay down wherever I pleased because I paid for my ticket and I was on time for the flight so they had no right to be late. When I asked for a drink he told me I couldn't have alcohol and I told him I wasn't drunk and never drank and he could bring me water! What a *expletive*...." and on and on, regaling her party with tales of entitled behavior and rudeness and how no one's rights were more important then hers. Yes, she literally said that more than once.

At this point I couldn't stand much more. I couldn't follow Hubby's words in conversation....after whispering to Hubby that as a nurse I was sorely tempted to begin loudly describing (I'm working on the cancer unit, use your imagination  >:D), I asked him if he thought that we should move. It was early in the evening and there were ample empty tables. We asked to be moved and I told our server when we were out of earshot that QS was so nasty, loud and unpleasant that I didn't want to sit near her and have my meal ruined. The server was very sympathetic and we gave her a few dollars extra on the tip for her consideration and fast action.

Was I rude to ask to be moved? I know that the party behind us saw us ask for a move, and I'm sure QS had something to say. We were quiet about it and discreet and there were no glares or PA comments as we moved. We gathered our things and moved quickly to our table. I didn't want to ask the waitress to quiet QS because I didn't want to throw the girl under the bus, cost her a tip from that harpie or get into it with QS myself (and I would have lost my ehell completely had she said one word to me). Should I have asked for the manager, or was it better to just get moved?

That woman was Nichol and Dresser Queen all in one. We laughed the rest of the night about how OUR RIGHTS were infringed on by the bookstore not giving us free stuff and the theater charging us for tickets and whatever else we could think of...

BTW, see "Inception". It was great!
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
Re: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 04:33:55 AM »
Oh Holy WOW......!!!!!!!

I have nothing else to say.....
But it's never too late to correct the faults so many others made ~Midtown

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »
Yeesh, my cat is less entitled than her.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:50:01 AM »
I rarely post about restraunt rudeness because I truly didn't think that I would ever see something that had never been brought up on the forum at least three or four times...but I was telling a fellow ehellion on the phone tonight that I had to post this one...it was just too bizarre.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:30:04 AM »
You were absolutely not rude to ask to be moved- from the sound of QS antics you did better to ask for a relocation than to ask the server to speak to her- that would have been like slicing her arm off and throwing her into a shark tank.

I think I would have sent myself to eHell on the spot if I'd heard a tirade like that!~
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
Wow, that is some massive Constitutional Law fail!
Words mean things.

scansons

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »
Wow!  Also your title made me laugh. 

And again, wow. 

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »
I love your title!

This snowflake is so special, yeah, she's hard to top.  Sitting next to her would have spoiled my appetite too.  I don't think asking to be moved was rude.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Nora

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
Bless her heart...
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 11:46:46 AM »
Bless her heart...
Oh, Nora, Bless YOUR Heart for saying this about Queen Snowflake!

schnauzermom

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
I love to eat, but even I couldn't chow down after hearing that noise. I am glad you were able to change seats :)

Karen

Brock

Chinchillazilla

• SQUEAK.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
"All these people's rights are NOT more important than MY RIGHT to smoke wherever and whenever I want! Smoke can't hurt them!"

I got a headache after I read this. I think... I think something in my brain broke. Kudos to you for NOT describing the cancer ward. I fully understand the temptation.

BTW, see "Inception". It was great!

Agreed!
No running with scythes.

demarco

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
You were not rude to ask to be moved.  I don't think it's ever rude to ask to be moved, as long as you do it discretely. 

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
Yeesh, my cat is less entitled than her.

So is mine.

And my cat thinks my face exists only to be laid on in cold weather.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Kaymyth

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
"All these people's rights are NOT more important than MY RIGHT to smoke wherever and whenever I want! Smoke can't hurt them!"

I got a headache after I read this. I think... I think something in my brain broke. Kudos to you for NOT describing the cancer ward. I fully understand the temptation.

There are actually a number of people who truly believe that the whole "smoking is bad for you" thing is actually some Great Conspiracy designed to take away their rights.  Not sure what they'd do when confronted with my asthmatic reaction.