Author Topic: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....  (Read 7776 times)

klm75

Re: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
There are actually a number of people who truly believe that the whole "smoking is bad for you" thing is actually some Great Conspiracy designed to take away their rights.  Not sure what they'd do when confronted with my asthmatic reaction.

I have encountered a few, strangely enough it appears that several governments seem to be in on this conspiracy.

I think that moving quietly was the only thing you could have done.  Really, who wants to listen to that, everyone has the right to enjoy their meal. ;)

MeeLee

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
There are some people out there who just love to make a big fuss about everything. I would have asked to be moved too.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »
No you were perfectly fine to ask to be moved, I probably would've done the same thing. That woman doesn't need to be hit with a clue by four, she needs to be beaten unconcious with one! >:D I'm so sorry she put a damper on your evening.

Ed.

magician5

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
There are actually a number of people who truly believe that the whole "smoking is bad for you" thing is actually some Great Conspiracy designed to take away their rights.  Not sure what they'd do when confronted with my asthmatic reaction.

I remember the screaming back in the early 1970s when motorcycle helmets became mandatory. "They're taking away my freeeedooom!" I didn't understand that, either.
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

flowersintheattic

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
I think you were perfectly fine to ask to move, and I'm sure I would have done the same thing. (If she had said anything about it, I would have told her that it's MY RIGHT to sit where ever I want!  ;))
...I learned my lesson / And yes, I still remember the last one / But this time will be different / Until I do it again... ~Phish, "Kill Devil Falls"

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I hope QS saw you move.

Love the airplane part. If I were the airline staff, I'd have been tempted to put a confused look on my face and say, "So....I don't understand. You want us to take off in poor conditions against the pilot's better judgement, and risk crashing this plane? You'd prefer a plane crash to being a few minutes late?"

Actually I'd want her ejected from that plane altogether.

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »

and

and
:o :o :o :o :o!!!

Special Snowflake nothing! She sounds like a Special Blizzard!

No, you weren't rude in asking to move. I'm honestly surprised you still couldn't hear her.

Holy cow ...
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
"All these people's rights are NOT more important than MY RIGHT to smoke wherever and whenever I want! Smoke can't hurt them!"

I got a headache after I read this. I think... I think something in my brain broke. Kudos to you for NOT describing the cancer ward. I fully understand the temptation.

She'd probably say that you were just putting on an act for the attention and to trample on her deity-given right to pollute the air whenever and wherever she pleased. ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »
Electronic Cigarette?

I wonder if she has one because she actually smokes or because she just wants to attract attention and cause trouble.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »
I had a similar reaction to "my smoke can't hurt them" Chinchillazilla...I'm a smoker, and at times a fairly heavy one. I've always been careful about my smoke and other people because I've seen people choke, get nauseated, get a headache, etc if overexposed to smoke. Are some of them being dramallamas? Probably. Are most of them being dramallamas? I strongly doubt it. There are people who simply cannot tolerate that smell. So yes, your smoke is hurting them.

But all that's for naught because they're not important.  ::)
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
I think you had a chance encounter with my sister.  I'm glad you decided to move away form her group and enjoy the rest of your meal because I suspect that's all you can do.  People like her will NEVER understand that they are boors and inconveniencing those around her.  After all...she is the Snowflake Queen. 

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »
I'm sorry. But, will you forgive me if I tell you that the story made me laugh?! It's just so beyond merely bizarre! :D

And, she laid down in the middle of the aisle on a plane?! Seriously?! And, then didn't understand why she was being accused of being smashed?!

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »
I wonder how this woman managed to find people to spend time with her, much less listen to her.

I wonder if I would have moved. I may have stayed for no other reason than to enjoy the free floor show, but that would depend on my mood. I have trouble even buying the airline story, and BTW, did you find out what happened to her luggage?

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
I wonder how this woman managed to find people to spend time with her, much less listen to her.

I wonder if I would have moved. I may have stayed for no other reason than to enjoy the free floor show, but that would depend on my mood. I have trouble even buying the airline story, and BTW, did you find out what happened to her luggage?

I wondered about the bolded, too, particularly if the flight were post-9/11. And even if it were pre-9/11, who would want to lie on the floor of an airplane?!? It's not quite the bathroom floor at WMart, but still pretty icky. *shudder*
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

BettyDraper

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »
You were not rude to ask to be moved.  I don't think it's ever rude to ask to be moved, as long as you do it discretely. 

I agree.  This boils down to "we were seated near a loud, crass person and asked to be moved."  The woman's specific opinions, choice of subject matter, anecdotes, etc. are irrelevant.  Your request was not rude.