Author Topic: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....  (Read 7655 times)

missmolly

Re: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 06:00:53 PM »
Love the title, when I first saw it I had a picture of a gigantic talking snowflake, but after reading the story the only 'Queen' I can think of is the one from Aliens.
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

Kaymyth

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »
"All these people's rights are NOT more important than MY RIGHT to smoke wherever and whenever I want! Smoke can't hurt them!"

I got a headache after I read this. I think... I think something in my brain broke. Kudos to you for NOT describing the cancer ward. I fully understand the temptation.

There are actually a number of people who truly believe that the whole "smoking is bad for you" thing is actually some Great Conspiracy designed to take away their rights.  Not sure what they'd do when confronted with my asthmatic reaction.
She'd probably say that you were just putting on an act for the attention and to trample on her deity-given right to pollute the air whenever and wherever she pleased. ::)

Eh, probably.  I've actually gotten that in Icy Glare form before.  Sometimes people assume that because I'm not carting an inhaler around I can't *really* be asthmatic, so clearly I'm making it all up.   ::)  I actually thank <insert Deity here> that the smoke trigger is the only thing that really sets it off.

Love the title, when I first saw it I had a picture of a gigantic talking snowflake, but after reading the story the only 'Queen' I can think of is the one from Aliens.

*coughsplort*  Oh, dear.  My brain just combined those things into something worthy of a Robot Chicken episode.  I hope you're happy!   ;)

Bryton

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
She said that she was from California???  Please don't send her back here.  ;)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
I wonder how many dressers she has in her house?
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Jocelyn

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
And, she laid down in the middle of the aisle on a plane?! Seriously?! And, then didn't understand why she was being accused of being smashed?!
I was once on a flight that suffered endless delays to takeoff, to the point that the captain's voice was getting tighter and tighter during his updates. Of course, he kept thanking us for our patience. As I deplaned, I stopped to ask if he had ever had a time when the passengers were NOT patient (as it seemed pretty obvious to me that there would be nothing to be gained by ranting and raving). He said 'Oh, yes.' I asked what happened, and he replied, 'I invited him off the plane.' ;D
I thought that was one of the great euphemisms of all time. And I really find it hard to believe that Her Majesty wasn't invited off the plane, too. Why would you take off with such a loose cannon on board?

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »
I wonder how this woman managed to find people to spend time with her, much less listen to her.

I wonder if I would have moved. I may have stayed for no other reason than to enjoy the free floor show, but that would depend on my mood. I have trouble even buying the airline story, and BTW, did you find out what happened to her luggage?

In a world where some dingbat tried to set his shoes on fire on a plane, I believe anything. I just couldn't believe that they didn't have her removed.

And Dotty, laugh away...once we were moved and I wasn't having to endure her craziness anymore we were laughing. I had to get away from her because we literally could not hear each other over her unless we wanted to get loud and compete.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

That Anime Chick

• Rumble Ball!
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
I remember when they banned smoking in California. I got so used to it that when I moved to the midwest, I did a double take when the hostess asked me "smoking or non-smoking". That was close to 10 years ago and things are finally changing here.

That being said, I prefer non smoking because of allergies. 90% of where we dine are now strictly non-smoking and yes there are people who complain about it and swear they'll never come back again. Yet when we go back a few weeks later, the same people are there, complaining as usual.

My dad suffered from emphysema so I've seen first hand how bad it was for him. He smoked for 40+ years.
http://tinyurl.com/5vuusz Thanks for helping my cute lil dragon grow up. Please help my hatchlings and egg? Please?? ^_^

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
I wonder how this woman managed to find people to spend time with her, much less listen to her.

I wonder if I would have moved. I may have stayed for no other reason than to enjoy the free floor show, but that would depend on my mood. I have trouble even buying the airline story, and BTW, did you find out what happened to her luggage?

In a world where some dingbat tried to set his shoes on fire on a plane, I believe anything. I just couldn't believe that they didn't have her removed.

And Dotty, laugh away...once we were moved and I wasn't having to endure her craziness anymore we were laughing. I had to get away from her because we literally could not hear each other over her unless we wanted to get loud and compete.

So she was not only the obnoxious queen bee of entitlement, but loud to boot? Yeah, I would have moved, too. I can't help but wonder about her dinner companions--can you imagine having to put up w/that, unless they were all of the same mind in that their poo doesn't stink.

As for the airline story, I don't buy it. I suspect she was embellishing a bit. If the luggage is oversized, it's oversized, and a call from an attorney isn't going to make the airline quiver in fear. I also think she would have been removed if her behavior was, indeed, as she described. Something along the lines that federal law prohibits refusing the request of flight attendants/pilots? IMHO, she was grandstanding for the attention.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

lilacbunny

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
Auntie-was this actually in the Raleigh-ish area?  Cause now I'm really hoping to run into her.   ;)

furrcats

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »
Ditto my cat  ;D

June24

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »
You were definitely not rude to ask to be moved - I would've asked much sooner. The woman sounds like a pill.  ::)

Viscountess

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »
She said that she was from California???  Please don't send her back here.  ;)

I second this motion  :)

OP, you were not rude at all for moving.  Hearing Queen Snowflake rant about smoking bans and dropping expletives left and right would kill my appetite.
"If you don't like something, then change it.  If you can't change it, then change your attitude towards it."

MightyMouse

• Here I come to save the day!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 01:44:30 AM »
Wow, just when you think you've heard it all!  :o Auntie, you were totally fine asking to be moved.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »

So she was not only the obnoxious queen bee of entitlement, but loud to boot? Yeah, I would have moved, too. I can't help but wonder about her dinner companions--can you imagine having to put up w/that, unless they were all of the same mind in that their poo doesn't stink.

As for the airline story, I don't buy it. I suspect she was embellishing a bit. If the luggage is oversized, it's oversized, and a call from an attorney isn't going to make the airline quiver in fear. I also think she would have been removed if her behavior was, indeed, as she described. Something along the lines that federal law prohibits refusing the request of flight attendants/pilots? IMHO, she was grandstanding for the attention.

I got the impression that her life was a grandstand for attention. I'm only wishing that I could see the president of the restraunt company roll his eyes when he got her "As God is my witness I'll never go smokeless again!" letter.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

PeterM

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »

My guess is they're undercover anthropologists, working on one hell of a thesis.