Author Topic: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....  (Read 7880 times)

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
Re: All Snowflakes Are Special, And I Have Met Their Queen....
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »

So she was not only the obnoxious queen bee of entitlement, but loud to boot? Yeah, I would have moved, too. I can't help but wonder about her dinner companions--can you imagine having to put up w/that, unless they were all of the same mind in that their poo doesn't stink.

In my experience Queen Bee Drama Llamas like her surround themselves with YesMen and Women. All her friends are probably meek little nodders who believe everything she says [like her, and I agree, apocryphal story about the airline and the luggage]  and, deep down, wish that they could be so brave.

flo

• used to be re-moe
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 08:01:34 AM »
Another theory about her friends... people new to the area who are trying to make new friends.  I have lots of experience with that because of the Military.  It took me a couple times to learn, but those people who approach you, eagerly befriend you, and then tell you how this person doesn't  like them because they are jealous and that person doesn't like them but they are backstabbers, those are people to avoid.  There is a reason they are eager to be your friend and it is because they have run through everyone else around them and those folks won't tolerate them anymore.

Coralreef

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »
In my experience Queen Bee Drama Llamas like her surround themselves with YesMen and Women. All her friends are probably meek little nodders who believe everything she says [like her, and I agree, apocryphal story about the airline and the luggage]  and, deep down, wish that they could be so brave.
On the good side of this story, I learned a new word today  ;D.

OP, I would have moved too. 

[/right

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
So she was not only the obnoxious queen bee of entitlement, but loud to boot? Yeah, I would have moved, too. I can't help but wonder about her dinner companions--can you imagine having to put up w/that, unless they were all of the same mind in that their poo doesn't stink.

My guess is they're undercover anthropologists, working on one hell of a thesis.

Love it!

Auntie V, I think you were extremely polite.  Obviously asking her to tone down her voice would have been feeding her insanity.  Instead, by discretely asking to be moved, you did save your server from some extremely bad retaliatory behavior.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
Auntie, you weren't rude at all.  (If Mr. Sirius and I had been there with you and Uncle Venom, we could have had a rollicking discussion about autopsies.)

bellawitch

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2010, 08:57:48 PM »
I guess she was correct, her rights were trampled on.

We all have the right to make a complete and utter fool of ourselves, it's just that most of us choose not to do so.

You were well within your rights to move. You, after all had tickets to a great movie, let the ones who didn't plan ahead so well enjoy the show at the restaurant.

Little Jo

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »
Wow oh wow! no of course you were not wrong to be moved. I would have moved at once. Oh my goodness.

Shabooty

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »
Auntie-was this actually in the Raleigh-ish area?  Cause now I'm really hoping to run into her.   ;)

Lilac Bunny, that was the first thing I wondered!

jane7166

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
Another theory about her friends... people new to the area who are trying to make new friends.  I have lots of experience with that because of the Military.  It took me a couple times to learn, but those people who approach you, eagerly befriend you, and then tell you how this person doesn't  like them because they are jealous and that person doesn't like them but they are backstabbers, those are people to avoid.  There is a reason they are eager to be your friend and it is because they have run through everyone else around them and those folks won't tolerate them anymore.

No kidding!  I learned that the hard way. 

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

I think the "You can't use an electronic nicotine inhaler because people might think you are smoking" rule is utterly ridiculous; but there is no reason to act like that. I would have asked to be moved, too.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »

I think the "You can't use an electronic nicotine inhaler because people might think you are smoking" rule is utterly ridiculous; but there is no reason to act like that. I would have asked to be moved, too.

Hubby and I wondered why she didn't just leave when she was told that upon arrival. There are at least four other really good steakhouses (not to mention other very good restraunts) in the area, and I'm sure she could find one that would allow the electric cig.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....