Author Topic: Wrong amount in change - did I do wrong?  (Read 3251 times)

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
Re: Wrong amount in change - did I do wrong?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 11:49:15 AM »
I think you did just fine.  The customer service people were probably surprised to have someone bring back money they were given by mistake, which is a sad commentary on today's world.

About a week ago Mr. Sirius and I took our cats to the vet, and while we were there we purchased some Advantage flea treatment for them.  We were supposed to have gotten 5 tubes; we were given 6.  The next morning I called the vet's office to tell them about it.  I had no problem with paying for the extra tube; we'd certainly use it, and it would save us having to go to the office to buy another one.  The receptionist told me I didn't have to pay for it, and thanked me for being so honest. 

Barnes and Noble once included a few books I hadn't ordered with my order. I called customer service and offered to return the books if they'd send me a shipping label. The CSR was honestly surprised and very thankful that I wanted to return the books. I figured I hadn't paid for them, so they weren't mine to keep.

Besides, the books were rather..um....well. let's just say the paperbacks were romance novels of the more steamy variety, and the big hardcover was a very detailed "how to" book on playing scrabble, complete with rather explicit illustrations. Not exactly the kind of thing I keep on my bookcase, y'know?

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: Wrong amount in change - did I do wrong?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »

About a week ago Mr. Sirius and I took our cats to the vet, and while we were there we purchased some Advantage flea treatment for them.  We were supposed to have gotten 5 tubes; we were given 6.  The next morning I called the vet's office to tell them about it.  I had no problem with paying for the extra tube; we'd certainly use it, and it would save us having to go to the office to buy another one.  The receptionist told me I didn't have to pay for it, and thanked me for being so honest. 

Both Advantage and Frontline will run specials where you get an extra tube if you buy a certain number. I bought a 6-pack of Frontline on Saturday, and got 2 extra doses. Maybe you didn't get anything you weren't entitled to. :)

They were - we paid for four and got a whole box, which contains 5.  After we put a tube on each of our cats I noticed that we had four left, so we were given 6.  Since we have two cats an odd number of tubes would have been noticeable.  (And it works very well.  No fleas on either of the cats.  Our larger cat fights like a bobcat when we put it on her - takes both of us to hold onto her - but it sure works.)