Author Topic: Aargh!! This is why I don't go to the movies any more!  (Read 9710 times)

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
Re: Aargh!! This is why I don't go to the movies any more!
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »
Had to dig this thread up, because yesterday my sister and I went to the theater I said was so good about handling disturbances.  The movie was "The Other Guys," and the theater was packed.

In the row in front of us, but just to the right of my sister was a group of 4 - 5 teenagers.  During the ads and attractions, they were loud and getting louder with each passing minute.   The ad which told the audience to silence cell phones, and no texting in particular seemed to set them off.  One kid even waved his cell in the air, "Look at me, I'm texting!" 

I was sitting there thinking, "And here I was just writing what a good theater this was, and now I've got to get up and go get an usher or something."

Just then, the actual movie started.  From the row in front of the teens, a man turned around and said loudly, "Okay, NOW, shut up!"

From behind us, another man chimed in, "Yes, shut up!"

In front of me, the man leaned forward, and caught the eye of the teen who had waved his cell phone.  He said nothing, but even in that dim light, his glare spoke volumes.

Quiet.  Blessed quiet.  Now once the movie started, everyone was laughing, but I heard no talking from the teens.  It was nice that the theater has established a reputation for maintaining order, so that audience members felt comfortable about speaking out.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 03:07:50 PM »
Had to dig this thread up, because yesterday my sister and I went to the theater I said was so good about handling disturbances.  The movie was "The Other Guys," and the theater was packed.

I have to ask: did you enjoy the movie? It looks very funny.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »

I have to ask: did you enjoy the movie? It looks very funny.

It was hysterically funny, almost surrealistic humor at points.  The police captain was Michael Keaton.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »

I saw Volcano, which takes place in Southern California, in Chicago with two other native Californians.  We were cracking up at a lot of the inside jokes that no one else in the theater got.

I saw Blade with Mr. Sirius and a bunch of his lab technician co-workers.  The parts that took place in the police lab had them practically rolling on the floor with laughter.  One of the other patrons gave me a strange look (there were only about 20 of us in the theater) and I said, "Lab techs."  He nodded knowingly and returned to the movie.  Watching them was a lot more entertaining than watching the movie, believe me.  (Vampire movies are not my thing.)