General Etiquette > Life...in general

Neighbor's Harley Davidson And The Noise Complaint.

(1/4) > >>

Harlow:
How would you move forward with this?

I am having a huge problem with a family from the neighborhood. They are LOUD 24/7 . Their kids scream at all hours of the day and night. I've talked to the parents before, and they laughed in my face and said it was kids being kids. I know kids noise, and what they are creating is not kid noise.

Now, the husband has got a Harley Davidson Motorcycle.

When he enters the neighborhood from the highway, he is loud. Loud, loud, loud rumbling like he's reving the bike up.  So loud he's waken me up from my sleep, as well as my other neighbors. He drives the bike at all hours of the night some days, mostly the weekends.

I went to him with my concerns , and he said there was nothing he could do about it. Now I don't know much about motorcycles but someone told me he's intentionally doing it because hes reving the gas. 

I am investing in earplugs and  a white noise machine. White Machines are just really hard to find  and I think I might have to order one from a website.

I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do .

Kaymyth:
From an etiquette standpoint, not really.  You've made polite requests, and they've blown you off.  The next logical step is to register a noise complaint with the police.  The downside to this is that if they guess that it was you who made the complaint, they can and might start working to make your life miserable.

Harlow:

--- Quote from: Kaymyth on August 08, 2010, 10:43:44 PM ---From an etiquette standpoint, not really.  You've made polite requests, and they've blown you off.  The next logical step is to register a noise complaint with the police.  The downside to this is that if they guess that it was you who made the complaint, they can and might start working to make your life miserable.

--- End quote ---

I figured there wasn't anything else I can do. A number of neighbors have spoken to them about it, I was the first.

Shannon:

--- Quote from: Harlow on August 08, 2010, 10:27:42 PM ---White Machines are just really hard to find  and I think I might have to order one from a website.

--- End quote ---

If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, you can get a white noise app for free, and you can plug it into computer speakers if you need it to be louder to cover the noise.

Harlow:

--- Quote from: Shannon on August 08, 2010, 10:48:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Harlow on August 08, 2010, 10:27:42 PM ---White Machines are just really hard to find  and I think I might have to order one from a website.

--- End quote ---

If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, you can get a white noise app for free, and you can plug it into computer speakers if you need it to be louder to cover the noise.

--- End quote ---

Seriously?! I have both!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version