Author Topic: Was this reply too forward?  (Read 5795 times)

LemonLady

Re: Was this reply too forward?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
yes! Please keep us updated about how it goes.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
It went well. There were no lulls. We had good rapport and made each other laugh. We have many things in common. We see eye to eye in our political (well mostly) and religious beliefs.

I do not know if he felt any chemistry, though, given the way he said goodbye at the end. I do not know if he felt intimidated by me. Or if it was my not wanting to go somewhere else (by car) for dessert- we just had a cheesecake at the cafe instead (I do not feel comfortable getting into a car with someone I have just met, but did not state so explicitly) or what.

He did reveal his share of TMI (not graphic, but not what the most socially sophisticated person would reveal so early on either)- which did not make me bat an eyelash since it was not graphic after all. He is certainly a great person and I find him attractive. I dropped a hint on the dating service's message exchange that I would like to see him again. He knows I will be out of the country part of next week.
I have pet mice!

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:09 AM »
I'm late to this thread but I'm glad your date went well.

Honestly, I think so long as you are honest and polite and totally yourself, its hard to be too forward.  If you are an eager forward person, its who you are.  You can only present yourself as yourself, or rather you only should.  And eventually you'll find someone out there who reacts well to eager and forward.  I know for me personally, I have my quirks and one of them is I appreciate forwardness - even if I'm not interested I like knowing exactly where the other person is coming from.  I once sent a first email to a potential suitor on a dating site that opened with some references to things in the profile I found particularly attractive and "where ya been all my life?"... and it garnered me a great Friday night dinner & show first date.

I was mostly prompted to reply to say good for you on declining getting in his car.  Its one thing to be eager and forward, its a whole 'nother thing to be stupid.  I agree with you getting into a near-stranger's car is dangerous and I commend you on declining, even though you enjoyed spending time with him.