Author Topic: If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?  (Read 1408 times)

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »
I've been feeling a bit down because my job hunt has been just awful.  :(

But I've been trying to do something every day to keep my spirits up. So I've been spending time with my cockatiels, taking walks, reading some good books, drawing.

I was wondering what my Ehellions here would do for pure fun, enjoyment, relaxation. Not necessary costing alot of money, just things you might do if you found yourself with an unexpected free day at home and could do what you like.

Thanks for sharing and helping to cheer me up.  :)
No matter where you go, there you are...

Aggiesque

Re: If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
Sleep.

If I wasn't sleepy, I'd go visit a botanical garden near here, bring a notebook, and make lists of all the plants I would want to try growing this spring. And take pictures!
Aggie

My favorite blog, which discusses personal finance: http://www.opinmoney.blogspot.com/

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
Depends on how I'm feeling.

If I'm feeling lazy, sleep late, read in bed, get up and read while having a bath, make brunch, read some more, have a nap, make something for supper or go out and grab some sushi, read some more...

If I'm not feeling lazy, I like to work in my garden.  There is always something to do.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »
Hmmmmm...a whole day to myself at home? What i should do would be pack. What i would do would be spend part of the day reading, part of it watching movies & tv that i like to watch when i am alone, and i would order way more sushi than one person should eat and house it all.

I get time to myself at my camper pretty frequently and down there i spend it reading, playing in the lake with the little kids, socializing with the old folks in the day time and the youngins at night, and if i can get ahold of one, tearing around the woods on an atv :)

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
A totally free day, where I didn't have things pre-scheduled?

Sleep.  And read.  Maybe eat.  Sleep some more.  Last time I had some unexpected free time, I brought the dog and a blanket outside, spread out the blanket and laid under a tree and read.  It was so peaceful and quiet; just heavenly!

I might also work in my garden, or plan out the patio we're going to build next year.

otterwoman

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »
Anywhere? http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/the_cloisters

The Cloisters. I'd spend the morning wandering, then sit in the garden and read a book.

At home; my sewing room. I actually found the floor yesterday!

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
Honestly?  Laundry.  Try as I might, every few weeks I fall behind and only a concentrated effort gets me caught back up again.  Once caught up I feel such a sense of accomplishment, it's almost goofy.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

ydpubs

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »
Sleep.

If I wasn't sleepy, I'd go visit a botanical garden near here, bring a notebook, and make lists of all the plants I would want to try growing this spring. And take pictures!

Nice! I've been photographing alot of flowers, trees and other vegetation and doing some sketches. I've also been reading up on botanical drawing because I would like to do some renderings.

ydpubs

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
Everyone has mentioned sleep. Rest is a very good thing.  ;D

ydpubs

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »
Honestly?  Laundry.  Try as I might, every few weeks I fall behind and only a concentrated effort gets me caught back up again.  Once caught up I feel such a sense of accomplishment, it's almost goofy.

LOL. I actually like doing laundry. I am not so great a folding and putting away, but everything is clean. I really love clotheslines. I like hanging to dry much better.

ydpubs

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
Anywhere? http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/the_cloisters

The Cloisters. I'd spend the morning wandering, then sit in the garden and read a book.

At home; my sewing room. I actually found the floor yesterday!

Oh, I love that museum! I've only been to NYC once and I was very lucky to go there. I've always said if I ever got a ton of money I'd live in NYC.

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »
I'd rearrange my furniture. I love doing that.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 02:41:21 PM »
Oh man so many things.  Sleep for sure.  Read.  Try to get back into writing fiction.  Play WoW.  Day is full.  :)

Lovemykids

• Formerly known as Lovemygirls
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
I would LOVE to get a hotel room, leave the kids w/ DH, and take my photos and photo albums, which haven't been updated since YDD was born 3 1/2 years ago.  I have planned to get the hard copy photos I have into albums, and then do digital photo books a couple of times a year going forward.  And have room service brought to me so I don't have to stop to cook :).

And I would love to sleep and read a couple of books without interruption.

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »
If it's a cool day, I'd love to pack a lunch, book, and notebook (along with writing equipment) and go for a ride looking for somewhere suitably scenic for a picnic lunch, some reading and writing.

Otherwise, there are various activities I enjoy at home like reading a good book in a hot bubble bath, playing video games, writing, drawing...

Though I have been known to do odd things when the mood hits me-- like build a fort out of couch cushions and blankets.