Author Topic: If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?  (Read 1378 times)

StuffedGrapeLeaves

Re: If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
SLEEP!  Definitely sleep.

Other than sleep, I would eat lots of yummy food, go shopping, and watch a movie in a real theatre.  I also would go out to a restaurant and have a proper sit down meal with no high chair in sight.   

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
depends:

sometimes I like to take the train to other BigCity (about 1.5 hours by train - i love the train!) and then meander around, get coffee, buy snacks, go to the outdoor market, etc.

sometimes i like to clean the house. ok, ok, don't throw tomatoes at me. but i find that i never get completely caught up with housework, so i like to have *a* day, a whole day, to finish things and have the house perfectly clean and neat.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »
Oh man so many things.  Sleep for sure.  Read.  Try to get back into writing fiction.  Play WoW.  Day is full.  :)

Oh, yeah ... if somehow this was a magical day where i didn't have tendonitis i would play the heck out of some XBox! Soul Calibur, Dragon Age, Katamari, Grand Theft Auto ... >le sigh<
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Sterling

• Oh Stupid Me- Blogs about Things That Drive Me Crazy
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
After sleeping late I would wake up and have a nice breakfast.  Then I would lay out in the sun and read until I felt toasty.  Maybe go for a swim.  Then I would take myself to a nice resturant for lunch and actually enjoy a long lunch complete with dessert.

Then I would just stroll in and ut of all the little shops in our downtown area nad stop somewhere for happy hour wine.

And I would do all this completely alone
93 93/93

Lexophile

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »
What would I do? You mean before I died of shock at not having to take care of anybody else?
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
What would I do? You mean before I died of shock at not having to take care of anybody else?

Yes, after they revive you at the ER what would you do? LOL!!
No matter where you go, there you are...

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
Good question!

Yesterday, both the DDs were gone by noon and spent the night with respective friends. This really doesn't happen very often. There's always someone +friends around!

I read, played on the computer, did some paperwork, made my self dinner, went for a walk, watched TV, thought about cleaning a bit (then thought NO! this is "my" time!) . . . by 8:00 I was bored silly! :o

I realized that I need to get a life! :o

Reading this thread with much interest for ideas!

Once DD#1 goes off to school, life around here is going to slow down considerably! (Of course, DD#2 will still keep me hopping, but there will be a huge difference.)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:36 PM »
Visit the new museum in town.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 08:02:10 AM »

Do what I usually do. Play on ehell and eat cashews!  ;D
Or go on the train and visit Geelong. Only a 30minute train ride.
Stewart/Colbert '16