Author Topic: christmas help!  (Read 2853 times)

JaneJensen

Re: christmas help!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
I wish I had done the same thing as you. I wish that we never started the whole Santa Claus thing. Keeping the secret for me was just too exhaustive. I don't know, I'm one of those logical and serious sorts of people and playing up the fantasy of Santa wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 09:26:26 PM »
I wish I had done the same thing as you. I wish that we never started the whole Santa Claus thing. Keeping the secret for me was just too exhaustive. I don't know, I'm one of those logical and serious sorts of people and playing up the fantasy of Santa wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

POD to this.  My children still believe (7 & 9) and I'm a little scared of how they are going to react when they find out the truth.  Your SIL is being a pill - other posters have given great lines to use to him, I hope they work. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 09:37:29 PM »
goldilocks ~~  Just for clarification.  You say your SIL is married to your stepdaughter, so is is safe to assume he is NOT married to the daughter you didn't do the Santa Claus bit with, but rather your husband's daughter?

Or am I just really confused?

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »
"Well, I'll just hop right in my time machine and go back and change that to your satisfaction."

I'm too tempted to suggest tactics from David Sedaris' Santaland Diaries, so I'll stop here.

goldilocks

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
Yes, my son-in-law is married to my husband's daughter, and not my 18 yo.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48:41 AM »
"I raised my daughter as I see fit. You will raise your children as you see fit. My choices are not up for discussion. Bean dip?"
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »

Bopper says:
"BIL, I will respect your choice and play along. I didn't want to have to worry about what happens when my kid finds out there isn't a Santa Claus or they want some big gift I can't afford. Stop giving me a hard time."

EvilBopper says:
"Back off, BIL, or I will tell your kid there is no Santa Claus."